Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Saturday Drawing Interest From Packers

Andy

My league source is telling me that the Packers are really looking into Jeff Saturday, and may talk him soon. Since the Packers lost Scott Wells, it looks they have been looking for a good center who can have an immediate impact. They have also looked into Jeff Faine.

All the signs are pointing towards a Jeff Saturday departure, but be optimistic, we all thought Reggie would leave, but he didn't!

My league source is telling me that the Packers are really looking into Jeff Saturday, and may talk him soon. Since the Packers lost Scott Wells, it looks they have been looking for a good center who can have an immediate impact. They have also looked into Jeff Faine.

All the signs are pointing towards a Jeff Saturday departure, but be optimistic, we all thought Reggie would leave, but he didn't!

Is this the same league source who told you the Colts were getting ready to release Freeney about a week ago like it was going to happen shortly there after and still hasn't happened, in fact stories have come out since then saying the Colts are trying to find a way to keep Freeney and didn't tell you anything about Reggie Wayne coming back?

I could see Jeff going to the Packers but still I have wonder is your source Incarcerated Bob because they seem to have about the same batting average?

Is this the same league source who told you the Colts were getting ready to release Freeney about a week ago like it was going to happen shortly there after and still hasn't happened, in fact stories have come out since then saying the Colts are trying to find a way to keep Freeney and didn't tell you anything about Reggie Wayne coming back?

I could see Jeff going to the Packers but still I have wonder is your source Incarcerated Bob because they seem to have about the same batting average?

Oh, come on, now. Lots of LaCanfora's and Florio's sources have been wrong too. Just because a source isn't right doesn't mean that the listener should get blasted! :)

At least Andy gave us something to talk about, right?!?!

Oh, come on, now. Lots of LaCanfora's and Florio's sources have been wrong too. Just because a source isn't right doesn't mean that the listener should get blasted! :)

At least Andy gave us something to talk about, right?!?!

That's true Andy's source is doing better than LaCanfora and Florio's sources so I do have to give him that.

First of all, ask anyone, the Reggie signing came out of nowhere. All the insiders like Schefter were surprised to see him back.

This is the league source who told me that Dwight Freeney was going to be released unless a team was willing to trade him, and the Titans decided to start talking with the Colts about a possible trade, but those talks have died down, and since Freeney has signed an agent, they have been talking about an extension. That's all I got.

Jeff Saturday has been receiving interest from the Packers, there have been no talks.

Hey, my league source tells me everything early, and I love it, I just like to report the important news here like the Freeney stuff, and now this. My league source tells me everything that's going on in Indy, and the important stuff in the league. Some stuff is right, some is wrong. I've told you one thing so far from my league source, and the result hasn't happened yet, so you can't say he's wrong.

i think his source is imaginary, to attempt to make his opinions and ideas seem more credible. He also argued with me when i said that Peyton wasnt going to Arizona, because he thought that he definitely was...he also says that we will defnitely re-sign Tamme, even though there's no evidence to support it. *shrug* it is what it is, i guess lol

First of all, ask anyone, the Reggie signing came out of nowhere. All the insiders like Schefter were surprised to see him back.

This is the league source who told me that Dwight Freeney was going to be released unless a team was willing to trade him, and the Titans decided to start talking with the Colts about a possible trade, but those talks have died down, and since Freeney has signed an agent, they have been talking about an extension. That's all I got.

Jeff Saturday has been receiving interest from the Packers, there has been no talks.

Hey, my league source tells me everything early, and I love it, I just like to report the important news here like the Freeney stuff, and now this. My league source tells me everything that's going on in Indy, and the important stuff in the league. Some stuff is right, some is wrong. I've told you one thing so far from my league source, and the result hasn't happened yet, so you can't say he's wrong.

but I can say your source has yet to be right about something. Unless you are willing to provide a link as proof or do something to prove who your source is and they are legit I see this as no different than others in the past who have come in saying my third cousin once removed told me (insert rumor here) which has been ruled to be against the rules because it's throwing out unfounded rumors.

Your source could be right but unless you have something to back it up with other than just saying trust me it's best to not be reporting what your source tells you. I have a guy I think is a pretty good source too but I don't repeat what he says because I can't back it up with proof and I know at least my source wouldn't be happy if I was taking what he was telling me and running to a message board and spreading it like wildfire.

i think his source is imaginary, to attempt to make his opinions and ideas seem more credible. He also argued with me when i said that Peyton wasnt going to Arizona, because he thought that he definitely was...he also says that we will defnitely re-sign Tamme, even though there's no evidence to support it. *shrug* it is what it is, i guess lol

Um, ok, you don't have to believe if I have a league source or not, I honestly don't care. I'm just saying what I've heard. The Arizona thing was just after his talks there and he said that it was a very good possibility that he would go there. The Cards decided to kind of go away, and Peyton kept going forward. They drifted away, and Peyton decided to cut the ties. My league source just told me what's going on.

His opinion was that Tamme would be resigned, and I agreed. All the signs are pointing towards a Tamme resign, he never said that the Colts and him were talking, he just said his opinion.

Like I said, I post information that most people don't know, and I'm not trying to make my opinions more credible, because again they're just my opinions. You have an opinion too. You can choose to read my posts or not, and if you don't like my LS stuff, then just click ignore button on the side.

but I can say your source has yet to be right about something. Unless you are willing to provide a link as proof or do something to prove who your source is and they are legit I see this as no different than others in the past who have come in saying my third cousin once removed told me (insert rumor here) which has been ruled to be against the rules because it's throwing out unfounded rumors.

Your source could be right but unless you have something to back it up with other than just saying trust me it's best to not be reporting what your source tells you. I have a guy I think is a pretty good source too but I don't repeat what he says because I can't back it up with proof and I know at least my source wouldn't be happy if I was taking what he was telling me and running to a message board and spreading it like wildfire.

For starters, I'm not allowed to say my league source, and if I say his name, it's a pretty serious punishment. Why? I don't know. I do understand where you're coming from, but my league source doesn't make predictions, he just says what's going on, and then with that information, I make my judgment or stance on it. He gives me the news and then I give my opinion on it. I do have a link to back up my info on Jeff to GB. (http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/tag/_/name/jeff-saturday)

My league source gives me information and I could essentially do whatever I want with it. I just can't say that he's going to do this unless it's confirmed. I haven't done that and I don't plan on doing it. Either way, I think you and everyone are overblowing my LS and stuff. Can everyone stop just talking about it, I'm not repping him, I'm using him as a source, because that's what he is. I'm not trying to prove my point better, or make myself seem like the real deal, I'm just trying to make this board better and more informed.

For starters, I'm not allowed to say my league source, and if I say his name, it's a pretty serious punishment. Why? I don't know. I do understand where you're coming from, but my league source doesn't make predictions, he just says what's going on, and then with that information, I make my judgment or stance on it. He gives me the news and then I give my opinion on it. I do have a link to back up my info on Jeff to GB. (http://espn.go.com/b...e/jeff-saturday)

My league source gives me information and I could essentially do whatever I want with it. I just can't say that he's going to do this unless it's confirmed. I haven't done that and I don't plan on doing it. Either way, I think you and everyone are overblowing my LS and stuff. Can everyone stop just talking about it, I'm not repping him, I'm using him as a source, because that's what he is. I'm not trying to prove my point better, or make myself seem like the real deal, I'm just trying to make this board better and more informed.

There you go a link that is a lot more believeable than just saying "such and such" told me. That's just spreading a rumor if you wont name who it is which is clearly stated to be against the rules.

Also for the record says nothing about the Packers trying to sign Jeff it just lists him as a center on the market and says the Packers need a center. That's like me saying the Colts need a QB and hey Peyton Manning is on the market that must mean the Colts are interested in Peyton Manning!

Again I could see Jeff going to the Packers but like most I'll need more than just your un-named source to think it's close to happening.

Saturday could be a fill-in for them for a year or two and then head off into the sunset. A quick fix doesn't solve anything but the present, though, so do you think they may take a rookie this year in a later round for Saturday to tutor?

What kind of contract do you think is possible, Andy246? Or anyone for that matter...

There you go a link that is a lot more believeable than just saying "such and such" told me. That's just spreading a rumor if you wont name who it is which is clearly stated to be against the rules.

Just saying one last thing, a LS is telling you stuff before the fans know and before the writers can write. My LS is my source, so it's not a rumour techinically. I know the rules well, and I definitely don't want to break them.

Just saying one last thing, a LS is telling you stuff before the fans know and before the writers can write. My LS is my source, so it's not a rumour techinically. I know the rules well, and I definitely don't want to break them.

6. No “nonsense” posts, this includes rumors.

This is a rumor without proof to back it up and no an unnamed source is not proof and neither is a story that says hey the Packers need a center and Saturday is a guy on the market. Again this is no different than saying hey my third cousin once removed told me this which is why that rule was put in place because people used to get on here and say things like that that were completely not true.

6. No “nonsense” posts, this includes rumors.

This is a rumor without proof to back it up and no an unnamed source is not proof and neither is a story that says hey the Packers need a center and Saturday is a guy on the market. Again this is no different than saying hey my third cousin once removed told me this which is why that rule was put in place because people used to get on here and say things like that that were completely not true.

Alright, so I'll post links to back it up. Let's move on, and I rather that we or anyone on this board don't talk about my LS or his credibility. I'll post what he says and back it up with a link.

Alright, so I'll post links to back it up. Let's move on, and I rather that we or anyone on this board don't talk about my LS or his credibility. I'll post what he says and back it up with a link.

That's all I ask. If you do that then it's cool because you have something to back it up.

I love Saturday, but he is on the downside of his career. He hasn't been that good for the last two seasons and often gets overwhelmed. I think we should go younger at that position. He might be good to help the rebuilding line, but not if it means over paying him.

In 576 drop-backs (pass attempts) this year, Jeff gave up only 11 pressures. Pressures, not sacks. I know he is older, but that is pretty good!

In 576 drop-backs (pass attempts) this year, Jeff gave up only 11 pressures. Pressures, not sacks. I know he is older, but that is pretty good!

He had one of the better years of his career last season. It just went unnoticed because of the trainwreck that was the rest of the team.

He had one of the better years of his career last season. It just went unnoticed because of the trainwreck that was the rest of the team.

Right. He played very well last year and was about the only solid thing on the offense.

Right. He played very well last year and was about the only solid thing on the offense.

I'd say Reggie and Garcon were solid and Brown was late in the year. The problem was they were about it lol. Castonzo played pretty well for a rookie though. I do think Saturday got robbed of a pro-bowl trip last year though so I'd say he was better than solid. It's okay about the pro-bowl thing because it made up for the year before when he went and he really shouldn't have.

Saturday could be a fill-in for them for a year or two and then head off into the sunset. A quick fix doesn't solve anything but the present, though, so do you think they may take a rookie this year in a later round for Saturday to tutor?

What kind of contract do you think is possible, Andy246? Or anyone for that matter...

They (Packers) are just under 6 million dollars under the cap, without rookies, if I am right, so it'd have to be a small contract.

UndecidedFrog, where are you when we need you!!! :)

I'd say Reggie and Garcon were solid and Brown was late in the year. The problem was they were about it lol. Castonzo played pretty well for a rookie though. I do think Saturday got robbed of a pro-bowl trip last year though so I'd say he was better than solid. It's okay about the pro-bowl thing because it made up for the year before when he went and he really shouldn't have.

Castonzo looked out of sorts and his footwork was terrible. He's strong as an ox and he'll get better in time, but I was not impressed with his rookie season. He needs to get better. Jeff Saturday was very good last year, but he wasn't as good as seasons past. I saw some inconsistency in the earlier games in the season like against the Texans and Browns, Rubin beat him quite a bit of times during that game.

Reggie was good for playing with who he played with. It's a shame that Painter, whom he advocated for as starter, largely ignored him in his playing time.

Castonzo looked out of sorts and his footwork was terrible. He's strong as an ox and he'll get better in time, but I was not impressed with his rookie season. He needs to get better. Jeff Saturday was very good last year, but he wasn't as good as seasons past. I saw some inconsistency in the earlier games in the season like against the Texans and Browns, Rubin beat him quite a bit of times during that game.

Not to be rude at all, but those must have been the only games he got beat on, if there were only 11 pressures all season.

He looked out of sorts at times because he was a rookie that's what rookies do. That's why I said he played well for a rookie which he did. He still has work to do but I don't know many if any rookies that don't when they first come into the NFL.

Castonzo looked nervous to me every time I saw him. He was a good player for a rookie with no training camp, though, I thought.

Castonzo looked nervous to me every time I saw him. He was a good player for a rookie with no training camp, though, I thought.

He struggled mostly against some of the better pass rushers in the NFL. Perhaps the best example of that was the Ravens game but pro-bowl guys have a hard time stopping Suggs let alone a rookie. A lot of people who don't like Castonzo judged him mostly on that game though.

He struggled mostly against some of the better pass rushers in the NFL. Perhaps the best example of that was the Ravens game but pro-bowl guys have a hard time stopping Suggs let alone a rookie. A lot of people who don't like Castonzo judged him mostly on that game though.

I'd do worse than struggle mightily against Suggs. One rush and I'd be riding on a little white job with rails and four wheels...