Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manning Will Choose Next Week!

WeSpy

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh boy!! Can't wait...just hope he makes the right choice. I love the guy too much to see him go and fail in the wrong place.

Yes. And not to sound whatever, but I don't think Tennessee or Denver either one would get him to a Super Bowl, much less a victory in one.

Posted · Hidden by Peytongirl, March 17, 2012 - reply to deleted post
Hidden by Peytongirl, March 17, 2012 - reply to deleted post

:facepalm:

Hey it's the truth. Many WILL become fans of his new team, or at least as a second team.

I was not being snide.

It's going to be interesting to witness for sure.

Yes. And not to sound whatever, but I don't think Tennessee or Denver either one would get him to a Super Bowl, much less a victory in one.

Denver has money though. And the AFC is weaker then the NFC IMO overall. Not sure how I feel about TN yet.

I think it's the 49'ers. Seems odd they just came out of nowhere and took the risk of alienating their starting QB, Alex Smith, by procrastinating on his contract and announcing the potential Peyton signing when they're so close to a Superbowl. Plus, the 49'ers are a great team, great defense, great head coach, and an established run game.

Regardless of Eli, he should go to the niners. Best opprotunity to win. They would be deadly with Manning. I said it when people were speculating and called me crazy. Niners would be the dark horse. San fran is a bit farther for me to travel, but i think i can manage.

Posted · Hidden by Peytongirl, March 17, 2012 - reply to deleted post
Hidden by Peytongirl, March 17, 2012 - reply to deleted post

Hey it's the truth. Many WILL become fans of his new team, or at least as a second team.

I was not being snide.

It's going to be interesting to witness for sure.

I agree....there are Colts fans and Manning fans and neither is wrong in their preference! I am a Colts fan, simple as that ;)

I agree....there are Colts fans and Manning fans and neither is wrong in their preference! I am a Colts fan, simple as that ;)

I really can't root for any of these teams.

I dislike the Titans. I dislike the Broncos.

I used to like the Niners more until they got that turd in Moss who I used to say was a jinx and the Pats were better off dumping him.

I will be watching this all unfold though with interest next season for sure. Should be exciting.

Regardless of Eli, he should go to the niners. Best opprotunity to win. They would be deadly with Manning. I said it when people were speculating and called me crazy. Niners would be the dark horse. San fran is a bit farther for me to travel, but i think i can manage.

Don't the Niners and Giants kinda hate each other now? I heard some snippy comments before and after the game. From players to Harbaugh complaining about the rules.

I really can't root for any of these teams.

I dislike the Titans. I dislike the Broncos.

I used to like the Niners more until they got that turd in Moss who I used to say was a jinx and the Pats were better off dumping him.

I will be watching this all unfold though with interest next season for sure. Should be exciting.

Regardless, I will be a Colts fan :)

Denver has money though. And the AFC is weaker then the NFC IMO overall. Not sure how I feel about TN yet.

Yes, but San Francisco is in a weak division, so the road to the playoffs is pretty much wide open there.

In Denver, he has to play KC and Romeo Crennel, who is pretty much the only coach other than the staff at San Diego (coincidentally also in that division) who has been successful in shutting him down. Crennel also defeated Drew Brees and Tom Brady when he was coach at Cleveland, as well as making things tough on Peyton every time the Colts played the Browns. And the last time Peyton played the Chiefs, he didn't even throw a TD. Addai did.

Denver also has money, but San Francisco is Super Bowl ready. Denver's players still have to gell, and I think they lost their D coordinator, too.

Tennessee is a decent team, but they lost Finnegan to free agency this year, and even though he wasn't shutdown, he made them better on defense. They also have to play the Colts D which Peyton no longer knows, the Texans who switched D Coordinators last year and Peyton hasn't played them yet either, and the Jaguars as well whose defense was terrific last season.

Also in TN, he has media hype twice a year, every year when he plays the Colts. And Peyton supposedly doesn't like all that junk.

So to me, San Fransisco is getting some strong consideration and Eli is probably receiving a call from Peyton about changing their 'pact'...

I wonder if the opportunity in San Francisco is enough to override his desire to leave Eli's Super Bowl runs unhindered...

what does this even mean? Aside from being brothers these two hate each other with a burning passion.

Eli winning two bowls before Peyton is probably the worst thing that could have happened in peyton's mind.

Don't be surprised if sometime next week you find Peyton landing with Philly.

Philadelphia Eagles is literally the perfect fit for him.

what does this even mean? Aside from being brothers these two hate each other with a burning passion.

Eli winning two bowls before Peyton is probably the worst thing that could have happened in peyton's mind.

Philly?! Oh no.....that is even worse. Like one of the teams I dislike the most. lmao

The theory that supposedly he didn't want to get in Eli's way if his brother was going to go to the Super Bowl. He and the family want a Manning Bowl, and if he went to an NFC team that would be unrealistic.

Yes, but San Francisco is in a weak division, so the road to the playoffs is pretty much wide open there.

In Denver, he has to play KC and Romeo Crennel, who is pretty much the only coach other than the staff at San Diego (coincidentally also in that division) who has been successful in shutting him down. Crennel also defeated Drew Brees and Tom Brady when he was coach at Cleveland, as well as making things tough on Peyton every time the Colts played the Browns. And the last time Peyton played the Chiefs, he didn't even throw a TD. Addai did.

Denver also has money, but San Francisco is Super Bowl ready. Denver's players still have to gell, and I think they lost their D coordinator, too.

Tennessee is a decent team, but they lost Finnegan to free agency this year, and even though he wasn't shutdown, he made them better on defense. They also have to play the Colts D which Peyton no longer knows, the Texans who switched D Coordinators last year and Peyton hasn't played them yet either, and the Jaguars as well whose defense was terrific last season.

Also in TN, he has media hype twice a year, every year when he plays the Colts. And Peyton supposedly doesn't like all that junk.

So to me, San Fransisco is getting some strong consideration and Eli is probably receiving a call from Peyton about changing their 'pact'...

I don't know. It's up to Peyton and where he feels most comfortable.

The biggest asset to me with Denver might be Elway. Elway understands what it is like to be a HOF QB aging and wanting more.

I don't know. It's up to Peyton and where he feels most comfortable.

The biggest asset to me with Denver might be Elway. Elway understands what it is like to be a HOF QB aging and wanting more.

Yes, that is an intangible for sure.

Peyton is a big city player. If he didn't like "all that junk" he wouldnt be trying to be the best player who ever lived.

Walter payton is probably the shyest player in nfl history and he still called a press conference just to tell the media he was dying of cancer. So like...

If a big city team comes calling, peyton will definitely go there. Dont foolyourselves what allthis is about, maximizing his monies for the last of his career.

He's got like 200 commercials under his belt. This is completely agent driven. He gone.

The theory that supposedly he didn't want to get in Eli's way if his brother was going to go to the Super Bowl. He and the family want a Manning Bowl, and if he went to an NFC team that would be unrealistic.

the family is super ultra competitive. They want it over before it starts. Eli is in his personal bunker. mod edit

Edited by shecolt
inappropriate

Peyton is a big city player. If he didn't like "all that junk" he wouldnt be trying to be the best player who ever lived.

Walter payton is probably the shyest player in nfl history and he still called a press conference just to tell the media he was dying of cancer. So like...

If a big city team comes calling, peyton will definitely go there. Dont foolyourselves what allthis is about, maximizing his monies for the last of his career.

He's got like 200 commercials under his belt. This is completely agent driven. He gone.

Not trying to squelch your opinion at all, coltsarerich, but I think that the view you have of Peyton is a misconception.

Yes, that is an intangible for sure.

Which is why I am starting to lean more towards Denver now in the end. He may not go there but I think it might be the best bet. He can do what he wants on offense probably and on defense they should improve.

Dungy said Peyton would have to be comfortable.

the family is super ultra competitive. They want it over before it starts. Eli is in his personal bunker. Mod Edit

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you mean.

And you are right, they are unbelievably competitive. I may have the wrong idea about this, but I thought that they didn't want to get in each others way. It was all about the family or no one. Peyton didn't want to knock Eli out only to lose later on and have no Mannings in the big one. That's pure conjecture, but it's what a lot of people think, I think. I think a lot of things, though, so pay no attention to me! :)

"people and telephones..."

dont blow my mind bro, im trying to digest that huge plate of beef and noodles i just ate.

Okay, I admit it. You hit me good, that time.

Should I do a call-in to the forum to share my thoughts? :)

It's all a convoluted web of ironic coincidences.

Consider Peyton facing this:

1) leaving the Colts, who most likely will be drafting a former Stanford QB, Andrew Luck, to replace him.

2) going to the 49ers, and working with Jim Harbaugh, the former Stanford HC, who likened Andrew Luck as the perfect person aside from his wife.

3) going to the Broncos, and working for John Elway, a former Stanford QB who said no to the Colts in 1983, who in turn, recently said no to Peyton in 2012.

The NFC has a lot of good teams in it. Teams I could see making the SB.

In the AFC darn....Pats. But, it's tough to make it back as the SB loser. Baltimore/Steelers? Broncos with Manning could probably handle either. Steelers are declining a tad and Peyton always tears up Baltimore.

Houston? Time will tell but they are good.

I guess the X factor in the AFC is the team or two who suprises us.

It's all a convoluted web of ironic coincidences.

Consider Peyton facing this:

1) leaving the Colts, who most likely will be drafting a former Stanford QB, Andrew Luck, to replace him.

2) going to the 49ers, and working with Jim Harbaugh, the former Stanford HC, who likened Andrew Luck as the perfect person aside from his wife.

3) going to the Broncos, and working for John Elway, a former Stanford QB who said no to the Colts in 1983, who in turn, recently said no to Peyton in 2012.

This belongs in the "I Think I'm Gonna Puke" thread... :) It's amazing how stuff comes around if you look hard enough, isn't it?

I just want to see him in Philly working with all that speed. and the Andy Reid short passs west coast scheme. Plus he could be friends with marvin again and they can eat tasty cakes together.

But M. Vick's contract is worth 80 million and doesn't end until 2016. That'd be tough to sweep under the rug, in my opinion.

4) The Colts, who some fans worry that Andrew Luck might pull a power play like John Elway did, or like his brother Eli did.

It's too twilight zone.

I have to think Irsay "knows" Luck will come here. I think we all worry too much.

Of all the 3 teams left the Niners are new. Elway has seemed the most passionate to me to get him. Bud Adams has seemed the most creepy.

I have to think Irsay "knows" Luck will come here. I think we all worry too much.

Of all the 3 teams left the Niners are new. Elway has seemed the most passionate to me to get him. Bud Adams has seemed the most creepy.

If Peyton wants to win another SB before he retires, his best choice will be the 49ers, then the Broncos. The Titans have still a ways to go before they can contend.

Bud Adams is probably desperate.