Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

$60 Million Over 5 Years

HarassedOffTheSite

Peyton can still end his career in a Colt uniform by signing with the Colts for the traditional one day and then announcing his retirement. I am sure the Colts will oblige when he is ready to retire.

But he is not ready to retire yet apparently. We do not know what was discussed between Irsay and Manning. We don't know under what terms below that of the past contract that could have made Peyton stay. We don't know under what terms Peyton would have wanted to stay. All we know is what Peyton said in the press conference. That the separation is a mutual decision. Some of us choose to believe him.

Thats a crap retirement. Its stupid when guys do that. Sign for 1 day Ya I am a COLT again. I don't think I would get ll misty eyed.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am claiming that Jim made it imposable for Peyton to say anything other than he did.. I believe Jim told I am tearing the whole thing down. I am drafting Luck he needs to play right away, & we have no chance of winning Told himI am letting many guys go. I am doing what I think is best for the Colts long term, Peyton go to another team & see if you can win a Championship. What is Peyton to say no. ITS NOT HIS TEAM. OK I hear you sir!

Peyton could have easily told everyone at the joint press conference that he is being forced out, and that he would rather stay with the team, but Jim is kicking him off the team, if what you speculate above was true. The fact of the matter is that Peyton did not say anything of the kind. In fact, he said that it was a mutual decision.

If what you claim is true, then you must think Peyton was lying when he said it was a mutual decision.

Peyton could have easily told everyone at the joint press conference that he is being forced out, and that he would rather stay with the team, but Jim is kicking him off the team, if what you speculate above was true. The fact of the matter is that Peyton did not say anything of the kind. In fact, he said that it was a mutual decision.

If what you claim is true, then you must think Peyton was lying when he said it was a mutual decision.

I personally think he was saving Irsay's behind. That has been my opinion since the presser but it has passed and it's over so we move on.

Dude he has WAY TO MUSH respect for the Colts & Jim to do that. & Peyton is to classy to say it. Honestly if you think Peyton said I m out of here. Your Crazy. He said it himself. He wanted to be Colts, circumstances change that. Jim's circumstances.

Dude he has WAY TO MUSH respect for the Colts & Jim to do that. & Peyton is to classy to say it. Honestly if you think Peyton said I m out of here. Your Crazy. He said it himself. He wanted to be Colts, circumstances change that. Jim's circumstances.

I choose to take Peyton at his word. You seem to want to interpret his words as something different. That is your choice.

I choose to take Peyton at his word. You seem to want to interpret his words as something different. That is your choice.

AS is your there Froggy. Just because you don't agree doesn't make you right.Honestly if you can't see it & YOU REALLY THINK PEYTON WANTED TO GO, Convince yourself of that ll you want. Peyton fell on the sword for Jim & the Organization with cap problems young QB coming in etc.. It will get real intrusting if Peyton ends up in TENN.

AS is your there Froggy. Just because you don't agree doesn't make you right.Honestly if you can't see it & YOU REALLY THINK PEYTON WANTED TO GO, Convince yourself of that ll you want. Peyton fell on the sword for Jim & the Organization with cap problems young QB coming in etc.. It will get real intrusting if Peyton ends up in TENN.

I don't think Peyton wanted to go, nor do I think he wanted to stay either: when told that we were not going to hang to his big contract an he'd have to reduce it significantly, nor keep the broken down and oft injured vets on for yet another run at it. That we were rebuilding the complete defense, and preparing for the next decade+ years at QB as Peyton moved on to retirement.

This is the thing, super star players do have a lot of control of things on their team. Just not everything. I think it was mutual based upon what we were willing to do for the team, and what may have possibly been offered to Peyton. Se he leaves... reluctantly. and Colts brace for a rough season of foundation building, and earnest construction from there.

I don't think Peyton wanted to go, nor do I think he wanted to stay either: when told that we were not going to hang to his big contract an he'd have to reduce it significantly, nor keep the broken down and oft injured vets on for yet another run at it. That we were rebuilding the complete defense, and preparing for the next decade+ years at QB as Peyton moved on to retirement.

This is the thing, super star players do have a lot of control of things on their team. Just not everything. I think it was mutual based upon what we were willing to do for the team, and what may have possibly been offered to Peyton. Se he leaves... reluctantly. and Colts brace for a rough season of foundation building, and earnest construction from there.

YOU ARE CORRECT SIR

I think people just don't want to believe that there may have been a part of Peyton (the rational side) that might have wanted out of Indy as well.

When I look at the state of our team, there is no reason for him to stay here other than sentimentality. Peyton's a pretty straight shooter. If he says it was a mutual decision, and that alleged mutual decision is the decision that makes the most sense for both parties who allegedly made it...

Well I'm just saying.

I think people just don't want to believe that there may have been a part of Peyton (the rational side) that might have wanted out of Indy as well.

When I look at the state of our team, there is no reason for him to stay here other than sentimentality. Peyton's a pretty straight shooter. If he says it was a mutual decision, and that alleged mutual decision is the decision that makes the most sense for both parties who allegedly made it...

Well I'm just saying.

Yes, apparently so. I can see how difficult it is to step out of the shoes of hero-worship to consider what may be rational reasons to leave, instead of repeating the "why would my hero decide to abandon me for greener pastures elsewhere?" mantra.

Yes, apparently so. I can see how difficult it is to step out of the shoes of hero-worship to consider what may be rational reasons to leave, instead of repeating the "why would my hero decide to abandon me for greener pastures elsewhere?" mantra.

I think Manning genuinely wanted to retire a Colt. I don't think that was ^cowpatties^ when he said it. I also think Irsay wanted him to retire a Colt. I don't think that was ^cowpatties^ when he said that.

But I also know that sometimes you don't always get what you want. Especially when it comes to running a business. I really do think both men sat down, discussed the state of both the Colts and where Peyton was in his career and came to the realization that it didn't make sense for him to stay here. That's the reason like 95% of the people outside of the Colts organization and fan base were all saying that there was no way he came back because it simply didn't make sense.

We're rebuilding. He is at the end of his career. Maybe he didn't feel like carrying a team at 36? Maybe he wasn't sure he'd be able to. No one wants that. That's the worst case scenario. I'm not saying he wouldn't be able to play at a high level. But it's not fair to ask a guy at the end of his career to have to carry them like that. People talk about Elway and the storybook end of his career which isn't at all realistic.

That wasn't going to happen in Indianapolis. Elway had a phenomenal team around him those last two Superbowl years. They carried him for once instead of the other way around.

We do not. Quite the opposite in fact.

This works out the best for all involved. We can start the rebuilding immediately. Luck gets experience from day one and we rid ourselves of salaries that we can't afford.

And Peyton Manning gets a legitimate chance at the walkoff homerun he deserves (cough sign in san fran cough)

Everyone would agree that Peyton is a ruthless competitor and ruled the locker room and practice field. That does not sound like the sort of character to be hounded out of the team against his will, and then lie through his teeth to protect his wrong doer.

At a push, it was mutual, but more likely he didn't like the options ahead.

I don't buy Peyton did not know he was being released. Don't buy it. He had his field narrowed down to a few teams and had to have done some research IMO. This is Peyton, he prepares hard ahead of time for EVERYTHING.

With that being said this contract is one motha. Wow. And if he wants to play as long as he hopes then Pey-Luck was never going to exist.

He got PAID......and he knows how to use it. Ohhhhh Ohhhh he got PAAIIIDDDD.....and he knows how to use it.