Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

$60 Million Over 5 Years

HarassedOffTheSite

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because I keep hearing false information being said as gospel truth. We don't know if money was even mentioned. Due to the absence of Peyton's agent, Tom Condon, it seems a reasonable inference that money was never even mentioned. Just sayin.....the figure ($90 mm 5 years) is a rumor, something of which I have had enough of.

Well if we never talked about anything until we know it's truth, we would cut down on a lot of converstion / cummunication on this forum. Perhaps the $90 mm 5 years is rumor, but it doesn't mean it won't happen. I believe we're free to talk about what ever we want rumor or speculation.

Because I keep hearing false information being said as gospel truth. We don't know if money was even mentioned. Due to the absence of Peyton's agent, Tom Condon, it seems a reasonable inference that money was never even mentioned. Just sayin.....the figure ($90 mm 5 years) is a rumor, something of which I have had enough of.

If it bothers you so much, you should not visit the particular post again until we know exactly what kind of contract Peyton secures. Until then, as you say, everything in this post is speculation or rumor if it's regarding his contract. Just sayin...:)

You people need to stop. This is based on comments from a Denver newspaper editor. The truth is PM wants a contract that would reflect where his Colts contract would be.....i.e. 4 years $70mm.

ITS ALL SPECULATIVE! By a Mike Klis of the Denver Post.

You guys got that?

Is this not speculative too? Where did you get your information? Are you suggesting Peyton wouldn't accept more if offered? Truth is NO ONE knows what he's been offered. I don't think you do either or know exactly what Peyton wants. We can and should be able to post on the relative news speculative or not without concern for defending said post.

Is this not speculative too? Where did you get your information? Are you suggesting Peyton wouldn't accept more if offered? Truth is NO ONE knows what he's been offered. I don't think you do either or know exactly what Peyton wants. We can and should be able to post on the relative news speculative or not without concern for defending said post.

Yes, it is all speculative.

While you are considering these possibilities, why not consider this one as well? $200million over 10 years. Afterall, some fans think Peyton can keep playing at the NFL level into his mid forties.

If it bothers you so much, you should not visit the particular post again until we know exactly what kind of contract Peyton secures. Until then, as you say, everything in this post is speculation or rumor if it's regarding his contract. Just sayin... :)

It bothers me that people speak of these speculations as truth. I should have included the words "my opinion" when I gave my speculation. I don't have a problem discussing it, nor am I attempting to shut you up, so to speak. I probably didn't respond well and sent the wrong message.

Though I find it quite logical that Peyton would use his last contract as a starting point for negotiation. What I don't find logical is a contract that finds him in his last year at age 41. That is nonsense.

What I don't find logical is a contract that finds him in his last year at age 41. That is nonsense.

:oops: Who are you to say that PM cannot play well into his mid forties? Some other fans have said so. In fact one fan insists that he can play into his early 60s. Don't you know we are talking about Peyton Manning! When we are talking about Peyton, you just have to suspend your disbelief.

:eek:

:oops: Who are you to say that PM cannot play well into his mid forties? Some other fans have said so. In fact one fan insists that he can play into his early 60s. Don't you know we are talking about Peyton Manning! When we are talking about Peyton, you just have to suspend your disbelief.

:eek:

The zombie Manning wants brains so he can play well into his 120's.

Peyton-manning.jpg

Yes, it is all speculative.

While you are considering these possibilities, why not consider this one as well? $200million over 10 years. Afterall, some fans think Peyton can keep playing at the NFL level into his mid forties.

I think Peyton would go for that.

If it bugs you sooo much..why don't you just stick to the "Luck threads"....shall I start one for you? :hmm:

Him were joking.

hahahahahahhaha?

he he.....

So how about that Drake Nevis?

I hear he was recently in Pamplona, Spain participating in the running of the bulls. The bulls ran 22 times for only 30 yards.

Him were joking.

hahahahahahhaha?

he he.....

So how about that Drake Nevis?

I hear he was recently in Pamplona, Spain participating in the running of the bulls. The bulls ran 22 times for only 30 yards.

You see ruksak, that emotions are still raw, and some fans still require a scapegoat.

Yeah, I saw the running of the bulls....they ran 22 times for only 30 yards, and no third down conversions.

You see ruksak, that emotions are still raw, and some fans still require a scapegoat.

Yeah, I saw the running of the bulls....they ran 22 times for only 30 yards, and no third down conversions.

enlighten me..need a scapegoat for what?

This is why I took a break last week. I was too wound up and raw.

After much fandom affirmation and pondering my history as a Colts fan, I'm ready to buy all in. I have my fears but I am prepared to move on. My greatest fear is that Luck won't be willing to stick it out beyond his contract if things get sticky, leaving us after only 4-5 years, thus forcing us to wonder what may have been if we traded him and bulked up Manning's Colts for one last assault on the league.

I'm going to have to get over it though. We should take pity on each other. We have had one heckuva year as fans and we all felt the pain, only we expressed it in diverse ways.

After much fandom affirmation and pondering my history as a Colts fan, I'm ready to buy all in. I have my fears but I am prepared to move on. My greatest fear is that Luck won't be willing to stick it out beyond his contract if things get sticky, leaving us after only 4-5 years, thus forcing us to wonder what may have been if we traded him and bulked up Manning's Colts for one last assault on the league.

I'm going to have to get over it though. We should take pity on each other. We have had one heckuva year as fans and we all felt the pain, only we expressed it in diverse ways.

I hear what you are saying about after Luck's initial contract is done. But I have a feeling that if the team offers him anything reasonable, he will take it to stay with the team. It's just a feeling. In any case, we will see how the future unfolds.

I hear what you are saying about after Luck's initial contract is done. But I have a feeling that if the team offers him anything reasonable, he will take it to stay with the team. It's just a feeling. In any case, we will see how the future unfolds.

Yep. Gonna drive myself (ourselves) mad if we look to the past or worry about the future. Gotta stay in the here and now.

Does anyone remember Peyton's last throw as a Colt? It set up Vinni for an apparent go-ahead playoff winning FG. I don't and I can't find it on youtube. Thought maybe someone would have posted it for posterity.

Looking back it makes me sick to think I had no idea what I was watching when I was watching it.

Thank you for requesting that I enlighten you. However, I must respectfully decline the honor of your request.

I do not wish to additionally inflame something I want to see extinguished.

Um okay - but really I wasn't being sarcastic; I really wanted to know what you meant by fans needing a scapegoat.

Um okay - but really I wasn't being sarcastic; I really wanted to know what you meant by fans needing a scapegoat.

He means there needs to be a bad guy. For one reason or another, most people have divided into one of two camps as a coping mechanism for the untimely loss of our franchise QB. None of this makes sense if there isn't a bad guy. I mean there's no way a 14 year franchise QB and an owner would take the podium together and publicly part ways while proverbially holding hands, is there?

One of them has to be a jerk. Somebody is a liar with malcontent and devious plans. It is law.

2 late now. It is what it is!! Honestly if the Colts can't fix this in 4/5 years he should leave.

in my opinion the deal will give us a good idea as to really if the release of manning was mutual, think about it, if he signed that kinda of deal here we would would have major problems with cap and signing any other players, by Irsay releasing Manning, Manning can go get the money he wants and go to a team thats in rebuild mode and we can free up money and rebuilt a solid defense and our other players we need

in my opinion the deal will give us a good idea as to really if the release of manning was mutual, think about it, if he signed that kinda of deal here we would would have major problems with cap and signing any other players, by Irsay releasing Manning, Manning can go get the money he wants and go to a team thats in rebuild mode and we can free up money and rebuilt a solid defense and our other players we need

Hes release was not mutual. Peyton put on the brave face & I believe Irsay told him our OL sucks & I am gutting the team, starting a FULL rebuilding process Why don't you go to a team that can win now. Its Irsay team what is Peyton to say NO? He had no choice.

Hes release was not mutual. Peyton put on the brave face & I believe Irsay told him our OL sucks & I am gutting the team, starting a FULL rebuilding process Why don't you go to a team that can win now. Its Irsay team what is Peyton to say NO? He had no choice.

He had choice. He could have said in the joint press conference, that he would rather stay and help the rebuild process at a discounted contract that represented vet minimum. However, he chose not to say that. Instead, he said that this was a mutual decision. Are you claiming that he was lying?

in my opinion the deal will give us a good idea as to really if the release of manning was mutual , think about it, if he signed that kinda of deal here we would would have major problems with cap and signing any other players, by Irsay releasing Manning, Manning can go get the money he wants and go to a team thats NOT in rebuild mode and we can free up money and rebuilt a solid defense and our other players we need

I m not arguing just stating my opinion. Honestly I don't care what Peyton gets money wise, just wish him health happiness, & the best shot at a Super Bowl, cause we aren't going to be there ANY TIME SOON! I just feel Peyton would have rather ended hes career in a Colt uniform.

Peyton can still end his career in a Colt uniform by signing with the Colts for the traditional one day and then announcing his retirement. I am sure the Colts will oblige when he is ready to retire.

But he is not ready to retire yet apparently. We do not know what was discussed between Irsay and Manning. We don't know under what terms below that of the past contract that could have made Peyton stay. We don't know under what terms Peyton would have wanted to stay. All we know is what Peyton said in the press conference. That the separation is a mutual decision. Some of us choose to believe him.

He had choice. He could have said in the joint press conference, that he would rather stay and help the rebuild process at a discounted contract that represented vet minimum. However, he chose not to say that. Instead, he said that this was a mutual decision. Are you claiming that he was lying?

I am claiming that Jim made it imposable for Peyton to say anything other than he did.. I believe Jim told I am tearing the whole thing down. I am drafting Luck he needs to play right away, & we have no chance of winning Told himI am letting many guys go. I am doing what I think is best for the Colts long term, Peyton go to another team & see if you can win a Championship. What is Peyton to say no. ITS NOT HIS TEAM. OK I hear you sir!