Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

$60 Million Over 5 Years

HarassedOffTheSite

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reportedly being the range that Manning's proposed contract would be in w/$30 Million guaranteed. That's $6 Million a year guaranteed.

Uhm, perhaps he should just come back home.

$30 million TOTAL...over 5 years?...we could have paid that?

This does not seem like the REAL offer

It was $60M total with $30M guaranteed.

Considering the old PM contract with the Colts was $90 over 5 years with about $51 (57%) guaranteed ($23 last year and $28 option bonus), AAC at $18, this offer seems a little less in value: $60 over 5 years with $30 (50%) guaranteed, AAC at $12.

some of you are mentioning that we could have offered the same money, i agree, but i still don't think its all about the money with PM. By drafting Luck, he needs to play now and if we would have signed Manning for 5 years, i don't think AL would have sat that long and who could blame him. And Manning with his competative nature would not step aside say within 2 years......it is what it is, even though they are friends no way can they be on the same team.

With that kind of offering it should be obvious to everyone that Peyton CAN THROW THE BALL and will be ready to play at a very high level when next season begins. I'm pretty sure the Broncos, especially John Elway, can accurately judge his throwing ability.

With that kind of offering it should be obvious to everyone that Peyton CAN THROW THE BALL and will be ready to play at a very high level when next season begins. I'm pretty sure the Broncos, especially John Elway, can accurately judge his throwing ability.

It has only been rumored to have been offered. Just like Peyton's arm has been rumored to have gotten back to shape.

I will wait and see what the real offer is like.

Ugh...........one more time altogether........its about the total cost to the cap by 2 QBs and how that keeps the team too shallow in depth to compete (see last season). Jim could give him 60 large out of his wallet if it didn't affect the cap.

Considering the old PM contract with the Colts was $90 over 5 years with about $51 (57%) guaranteed ($23 last year and $28 option bonus), AAC at $18, this offer seems a little less in value: $60 over 5 years with $30 (50%) guaranteed, AAC at $12.

Peyton gave them the AARP discount :).

So with incentives and everything, he would only max out at $12 mil a year? He deserves way more. Even if you don't want to give it to him guaranteed, let his performance get him paid while it helps get your team to the playoffs

Yeah, at least they can play the BP trick of backloading the contact ala Freeney.

$100/5 years with $30 guaranteed. base salaries 6,6,6,6,46 from 2012-2016 respectively.

The Colts didn't release him because of the money, although it seems that way, they released him because they wanted to move forward, so I think they still release him whether it 's a 28M dollar bonus or a 15M dollar bonus.

Manning isn't going to go to another to get a lot of money, he wants to win the SB, and is looking for the team that can get him there. The money is somewhat irrelevant, so saying that he should come back is just wrong, because the money was not a big part of his release.

The Colts didn't release him because of the money, although it seems that way, they released him because they wanted to move forward, so I think they still release him whether it 's a 28M dollar bonus or a 15M dollar bonus.

Manning isn't going to go to another to get a lot of money, he wants to win the SB, and is looking for the team that can get him there. The money is somewhat irrelevant, so saying that he should come back is just wrong, because the money was not a big part of his release.

I disagree.. If the money wasn't what it was.. 28 million option bonus plus another 35 million and change in base salaries over the next few years, it would have been picked up and the rebuild wouldn't be in full force. Since the $ amounts were so high it was much easier for Irsay to go in a different direction.

I disagree.. If the money wasn't what it was.. 28 million option bonus plus another 35 million and change in base salaries over the next few years, it would have been picked up and the rebuild wouldn't be in full force. Since the $ amounts were so high it was much easier for Irsay to go in a different direction.

Your saying the money made the decision easier to move forward...ok, that's fair enough. It's kinda what I'm saying. I'm saying they were going to move forward and the money just helped further that decision.

It has only been rumored to have been offered. Just like Peyton's arm has been rumored to have gotten back to shape.

I will wait and see what the real offer is like.

According to Elway, Peyton "threw the ball great". Who's a better judge than John Elway?

According to Elway, Peyton "threw the ball great". Who's a better judge than John Elway?

What Elway says and what Elway offers in terms of a contract with provisions that relate to PM's arm strength/health are two different things.

I prefer to see what the contractual provisions are in the offer that demonstrates Elway's confidence in PM's arm.

Lots of if not most contracts have incentives. Nonetheless, he's being offered $90,000,000.00 over 5 years.

You people need to stop. This is based on comments from a Denver newspaper editor. The truth is PM wants a contract that would reflect where his Colts contract would be.....i.e. 4 years $70mm.

ITS ALL SPECULATIVE! By a Mike Klis of the Denver Post.

You guys got that?

From my understanding it will resemble his contract with the Colts.

So much for a noodle arm...

the NFL is a ruthless business..... If Manning was only 50% of his old self I guarantee a team would still sign him... and upgrade their team.

You people need to stop. This is based on comments from a Denver newspaper editor. The truth is PM wants a contract that would reflect where his Colts contract would be.....i.e. 4 years $70mm.

ITS ALL SPECULATIVE! By a Mike Klis of the Denver Post.

You guys got that?

I have seen the figure in more than one place. Why are you so concerned with what us "guys" say?

So you believe Irsay lied about having PM back?

I have seen the figure in more than one place. Why are you so concerned with what us "guys" say?

Because I keep hearing false information being said as gospel truth. We don't know if money was even mentioned. Due to the absence of Peyton's agent, Tom Condon, it seems a reasonable inference that money was never even mentioned. Just sayin.....the figure ($90 mm 5 years) is a rumor, something of which I have had enough of.

So you believe Irsay lied about having PM back?

No, I think he did want him back, but it would have been better to move on. He wanted him back. I hate that word "lie" because no one (not me either) realizes how hard it is to be an owner of a football team.