Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What Wrs Are You Looking At?

I know that we will be taking at least one WR in the draft and I want to know everyone thinks we are going to take.

I say in the 2nd round we should go after Stephen Hill of Georgia Tech.

He is 6'5" 206 and he ran a 4.36 40, and reminds me of Randy Moss type of player who can stretch the field for us.

Who would you want the Colts to take at WR?

Now that we have Wayne back along with Collie and White, we need a speed receiver. I like Hill as well and Kendall Wright, those are the two that I would want if one falls to #34.

In the later rounds I like A.J Jenkins a lot and the Arkansas duo of Joe Adams and Jarius Wright.

There are two later round guys I like.

The first is Lavasier Tuinei from Oregon. He's billed 6'5 209, but I always doubt wide receivers are actually 6'5. Regardless, he's a decent route runner with solid hands. He seems to be solidly improving in that department every year. He's not a crazy athlete and lacks top end speed, sometimes having trouble getting separation. Shows awareness and is capable of finding the soft spot in a zone. What I really like about this guy is that he's a hands catcher and he uses his freakishly long arms to extend for the ball. It looks like very few passes are out of his reach, and he can outreach most defenders. Not a big time playmaker, but looks like he can be that short to intermediate range possession receiver who has the potential to turn into a redzone nightmare, building on his 8 TDs in 40 receptions in his final year of college, which means 20% of his catches were TDs. His college stats aren't amazing though, so he's certainly a project.

The other is Nelson Rosario out of UCLA. This kid has legit size, being measured at his pro day at 6'5.5 and 230 lbs. Nelson was a very inconsistent player throughout his career, but put up solid numbers in his final season. He's not a super polished route runner, but he's craft for a big man. He has a knack for the circus catch, making a few of them this last season. His pro day showed some insane measurable for a man his size. He ran a 4.55 and had a 36.5 vertical. Some are talking about bulking him up to play tight end. I'm still looking for more film on him, as I only have 3 games, against Arizona State, Colorado, and Oregon. Those are 3 of his best games, so I don't know what his normal game looks like. Regardless, his potential, as shown in the Oregon game, is very high and seems to be only limited on how well he takes to learning.

with the popularity of receiver so far in FA, I don't know who might be around at 34. Hill will be looked at by a lot of teams and will probably go top 20. Jeffery too, unfortunatley. Randell from LSU maybe at 34. He is a smooth route runner will a great stride. Being compared to Reggie Wayne. Streeter if late 3rd or early 4th. Great size and speed but pretty raw for route running. Of course he could learn from the best route runner in the game who just resigned. Ryan B from Oklahoma in the 5th. Huge numbers in NCAA. Both Wrights are smaller inside receivers. Doesn't seem to mesh with an Arians offense.

with the popularity of receiver so far in FA, I don't know who might be around at 34. Hill will be looked at by a lot of teams and will probably go top 20. Jeffery too, unfortunatley. Randell from LSU maybe at 34. He is a smooth route runner will a great stride. Being compared to Reggie Wayne. Streeter if late 3rd or early 4th. Great size and speed but pretty raw for route running. Of course he could learn from the best route runner in the game who just resigned. Ryan B from Oklahoma in the 5th. Huge numbers in NCAA. Both Wrights are smaller inside receivers. Doesn't seem to mesh with an Arians offense.

Doesn't his offense use a ton of WR screens? Wouldn't those be the types of receivers that would be required? Santonio Holmes, Antonio Brown, Emmanual Sanders etc. are smaller receivers that Pittsburgh has used in their system.

A WR who has flown under the radar that I really like is Nick Toon. He went in the 1st round before the season but for whatever reason he fell off. He has good size at 6'3" 220lbs, good hands, good route running. His biggest downfall was his straight line speed, he had a pretty solid 4.55 and shaved a whole .1 off his time at his pro day. He would be a great pick in the 3rd or 4th.

The Fleener stuff is getting out of control, methinks. I understand the logic, but Luck will gain a good rapport with someone else with talent, and Fleener is a great talent, but he isn't the best run-blocker out there. From what the staff has said, that is priority number one. With Wayne back that's a legit number one receiver with great hands, if they want to give him another weapon, a burner on the outside will do best, IMO.