Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would Love This Draft

Indy has already signed Reggie Wayne and Cory Redding, and I also have them signing SS Tom Zbikowski and either NT Antonio Garay or NT Aubrayu Franklin.

2012 NFL Draft...

1st- QB Andrew Luck (I think he will do better than most people think. He is studying under the same guy who coached up Cam Newton before his rookie year, and Luck has much better pedigree to play the position. He will make our offensive players look better than they are, same way Peyton did.)

2nd- CB Dre Kirkpatrick (There are certain players I could see falling a little, and Kirkpatrick is one of them. The CB class is pretty good this year. I could see Claiborne, Janoris Jenkins, Josh Robinson, and Stephon Gilmore going before him. Add to that Kirkpatrick's slow 40 time and some minor character issues could have him fall to us at the top of the 2nd. Would love to see a talent like this fall to us and give Pagano someone in the secondary to mold into a very good CB.)

Trade - Indy allows Freeney and his agent to work out a new extended deal with a trade partner, and this trade could happen before or during the draft. We trade Freeney to NE for one of their two 2nd round picks(48th overall). Trade makes sense for both teams.

2nd(via trade)- TE Coby Fleener (We now have a big target at TE and a guy who is fast for his size. Not to mention has worked with Luck so the familiarity will help.)

3rd- NT Alameda Ta'amu (He is somewhat a developmental NT, but he could be a very good one for us soon. Either Garay or Franklin will help split time with him.)

4th- WR AJ Jenkins (We need another WR with Wayne and Collie. Jenkins has the same build as Wayne, and learning from him would be very benefitial.)

4th(comp for Session)- WR/KR Joe Adams (Fell a little due to slow 40, but has good game speed and could serve as our explosive WR on the team.)

5th- C Michael Brewster (Insurance in case Pollak doesnt work at C)