Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gonzo Visiting The Patriots/signs With Patriots (Merged)

HarassedOffTheSite

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still feel like he must have ticked off Polian or Caldwell at some point to be in the doghouse even when he had spurts of good health the last couple of years. We should have given him vet min. or tendered him something for a 1 yr. deal and taken it from there, IMO.

I still feel like he must have ticked off Polian or Caldwell at some point to be in the doghouse even when he had spurts of good health the last couple of years. We should have given him vet min. or tendered him something for a 1 yr. deal and taken it from there, IMO.

Half of the job is just showing up. He couldn't even seem to do that. So at this point, I don't think I would hire him to walk my dog.

If I ended up paying a guy who played 40 games in 5 years $54,545.00 per catch, I think I'd cut bait too. IMHO Reupping him at $685,000.00 minimum would've been throwing good money after bad.

why if we need WR don't we work out something reasonable with him? This guy can play football. Now Bill Belichick is sniffing around him....

I say don't let him leave town he has good football left in him

IMHO, he ticked off the previous regime and never got playing time. He did have his injuries, but he was available most of last year and was hardly used.

I agree with you, but I think he's a goner.

Half of the job is just showing up. He couldn't even seem to do that. So at this point, I don't think I would hire him to walk my dog.

If I ended up paying a guy who played 40 games in 5 years $54,545.00 per catch, I think I'd cut bait too. IMHO Reupping him at $685,000.00 minimum would've been throwing good money after bad.

That's a valid point, he was injured a lot. But I think Chad is right, there were games last year when he was healthy and either was inactive or just not used. I was at the KC game and he was in on a few plays, but I think he was targeted one time. And that ball was thrown behind him.

So, it's hard to lower you price per catch if you don't get the opportunity to make a catch.

I think he's worth a gamble at a lower contract, and it's going to pay off for some team. But apparently, not the Colts.

Not really worried about this one. It'd be one thing if his first major injury was due to contact, but he just planted his foot and went down when running a route.

He had solid hands and was a smart player, but there are plenty of younger guys who are durable that can contribute on ST if they don't start.

In any case, the best ability is availability. You can have all the talent in the world, but if you aren't on the field, it doesn't mean anything.

All I can say to the Patriots is.... if you're gonna kick tires on Gonzo, just don't kick too hard!

Anyway.... those bandits stand a decent chance of getting Mike Wallace with one of those 1st rounders they have.

My friend (Pats fan) was telling me that too. He said he thinks they should go for him since they have 2 first round picks

That's a valid point, he was injured a lot. But I think Chad is right, there were games last year when he was healthy and either was inactive or just not used. I was at the KC game and he was in on a few plays, but I think he was targeted one time. And that ball was thrown behind him. So, it's hard to lower you price per catch if you don't get the opportunity to make a catch. I think he's worth a gamble at a lower contract, and it's going to pay off for some team. But apparently, not the Colts.

I comprehend the reasoning behind someone saying give him a shot but to me you have to consider not just consistency but also continuity both -in game- and -in season-.

When you're playing, everyone finds their own groove. And eventually you as an individual player develop a feel for other players and what their groove is. Where they're gonna be, when they're gonna be there etc, etc. That is the result of repetition and cannot be developed any other way. For an offense to perform at it's best you have to have continuity. Pulling a guy off the field because he is hurt and then sticking him back in because he is healthy -repeatedly- ultimately hinders your other players and you as a coach do a disservice to the team.

Like I said, half the job is showing up...the other is performing. He can't do the easiest one of all. So the second one (from a team concept) does not really matter....in my most humble of opiniones (that's the espanisho for opinion). ;)

With Pierre gone and if Gonzo can stay healthy (and that is the key) he will be an offensive threat. #11 is a solid WR an he can fill in nicely on the opposite side of Reggie. Keep Austin in the slot and Gonzo and Reggie at the wides.

Re-Sign Gonzo and I am sure you the Colts can sep him for a minimal amount of cash. He has something to prove and he is a good player. Just look at the stats from his previous season when he was healthy.

My friend (Pats fan) was telling me that too. He said he thinks they should go for him since they have 2 first round picks

Yep.... Wes Welker got tagged so he's back for a year, at least.

And then there's those Patriots TEs.

Now add Wallace.... an experienced 25 year-old speed merchant with sick after-the-catch skills and Tom Brady throwing him the ball?

Yikes

Now add Wallace.... an experienced 25 year-old speed merchant with sick after-the-catch skills and Tom Brady throwing him the ball?

Yikes

do the patriots still throw the their runningbacks? Maybe they should look into that, it seems like that Faulk kid they had and some other old runningback literally won superbowls for them. Just like the colts used Addai to win theirs. not screens either, like delayed routes, 5-7 yards , middle field, wide open, first down every throw, great strategy, what happened?

It was like you could tell when Peyton was having bad arm days when they'd run that play 20 times a game. Who has Reggie Bush now? and why havent they won a superbowl yet?

weird.

*Caught Cheating - Stole 1 possibly 3 Super Bowls - Punished by NFL Commissioner.

http://www.bostonher...ez-for-a-visit/

The Patriots are slated to host ex-Colts WR Anthony Gonzalez at Gillette Stadium, according to a source close to the situation. The visit is expected to happen this weekend, with Gonzalez likely coming into town Friday.

I dont see where he fits..

They have starters and they kept Ochocinco

do the patriots still throw the their runningbacks? Maybe they should look into that, it seems like that Faulk kid they had and some other old runningback literally won superbowls for them. Just like the colts used Addai to win theirs. not screens either, like delayed routes, 5-7 yards , middle field, wide open, first down every throw, great strategy, what happened?

It was like you could tell when Peyton was having bad arm days when they'd run that play 20 times a game. Who has Reggie Bush now? and why havent they won a superbowl yet?

weird.

Yeah they used Corey Dillon and Faulk a lot in the past. Faulk had a diminished role last year and I think he's retired..... but thats all they need is RB weapons too and they'd be even more deadly.

Right now they're riding those sick TEs they have plus Wes Welker. Add Mike Wallace and a notched up run game to that mix and defenses will be in huge trouble.

Reggie Bush is in Miami and actually had a pretty good year last season. Miami needs more offensive weapons in a hurry now that they traded Marshall and may not get Peyton after all.

*Caught Cheating - Stole 1 possibly 3 Super Bowls - Punished by NFL Commissioner.

http://www.bostonher...ez-for-a-visit/

The Patriots are slated to host ex-Colts WR Anthony Gonzalez at Gillette Stadium, according to a source close to the situation. The visit is expected to happen this weekend, with Gonzalez likely coming into town Friday.

I am sure he and the hoodie will get along great, right up to the point when gonzo breaks his wrist putting on his gloves, somewhere around early August.

I would take a chance on Gonzo, he has been injured but he was never able to get on the field last year.

But if BB wants to take a chance on a guy like that, good for him.

I still say take Stephen Hill in the 2nd round from Georgia Tech.

WR draft class this year is deep with talent, so goodbye Gonzo

Yikes

That's all they're really missing on offense. They have great pass catches who can run good routes; they're missing a deep threat...wait, I take that back. Their running game needs a bit of help too. They have a bad defense and below average running game and count on their QB to win games...sounds familiar...