Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jerraud Powers!

camcolts2621

i love the colts but ima be honest the corners suck....freeney and mathis just help them out if we can get samuel or even finnagin the nfl is in trouble our d will be a nightmare....

pass on finnagin guy is dirty and isnt even that good.

Powers is a Pro Bowl Corner. If you feel otherwise, go watch the tape.

Tryon has ALL the potential in the world to be Power 2.0.

What we lack is depth and a nickle (Lacey).

Our starting duo of CB's are solid though.

Powers has not made a pro bowl yet, it's not wise to anoint someone as something they have not achieved. Could he be? Possibly, like I said I love the guy and glad we have him. But calling him a sure fire pro bowler is premature, and I don't need to watch the tape. Ive seen every game he has played. He is solid and the only corner I trust on this team, I just don't think he is tier 1 level (Asomugha, Revis, Ect.) :thinking:

we are weak at depth at safety corner is weak on one side, no dominating linebackers, no big bull dts we need help polian spend some money,we want some great players

I don't know what you've been watching, but Polian has been spending money.

You do know there's a cap, right?

I'm not so sure we want to spend it all right now anyway. There will be some GOOD players cut in the next few weeks. It would be smart to have a little cash when the right guy becomes available. And as far as we know, Polian might be working on something as we speak. No one saw the Simms and Harris deals coming. Plus, we locked up Manning,Addai, Bullitt, Vinatieri, etc. Next year should be Wayne, Mathis, etc. IMO, the Colts spend the allotted money as wisely as anyone.... on their OWN stars. Sure sometimes they overpay on guys like Hayden and Diem, but OL and CB are expensive positions anyway. We have GOOD players here in Indy (as shown by our record for the last decade).

This is NO ACCIDENT.

Powers has not made a pro bowl yet, it's not wise to anoint someone as something they have not achieved. Could he be? Possibly, like I said I love the guy and glad we have him. But calling him a sure fire pro bowler is premature, and I don't need to watch the tape. Ive seen every game he has played. He is solid and the only corner I trust on this team, I just don't think he is tier 1 level (Asomugha, Revis, Ect.) :thinking:

In fairness, you named 2 CBs (Asomugha and Revis) that have talent that only comes in the league every 20 years or so. (If ever)

I don't know if he's a pro bowler or not. I just remember before he was banged up, the guy was a baller. Possibly (probably?) the best CB on the team.

In fairness, you named 2 CBs (Asomugha and Revis) that have talent that only comes in the league every 20 years or so. (If ever)

I don't know if he's a pro bowler or not. I just remember before he was banged up, the guy was a baller. Possibly (probably?) the best CB on the team.

I am not knocking Powers I love the kid, but those 2 players are pro bowlers, that is what a pro bowler is in the NFL. To make it there you have to get a lot of INT's or be so good that people don't even look at the WR you are covering. He is a great kid and very good corner, but if I'm a QB and he is covering my number 1 WR I throw it up. Look at the playoff loss to the jets, Peyton didnt even look at Reggie in that game ( and that kills me to say, because I HATE Rex Ryan and the jets).

I am not knocking Powers I love the kid, but those 2 players are pro bowlers, that is what a pro bowler is in the NFL. To make it there you have to get a lot of INT's or be so good that people don't even look at the WR you are covering. He is a great kid and very good corner, but if I'm a QB and he is covering my number 1 WR I throw it up. Look at the playoff loss to the jets, Peyton didnt even look at Reggie in that game ( and that kills me to say, because I HATE Rex Ryan and the jets).

You know what I'm getting at. He has the talent, the media said he is a pro-bowl "caliber" corner, ESPN, NFL Network, the whole deal. But yes, you're right, he is NOT yet.

No prob. I understood where u were coming from. I didn't think you were knocking Powers. I agree with you that its hard to call him a Pro Bowler. But I'm fine with that, I don't think we need (nor can we afford) Pro Bowl corners.

why were simms and harris cut? why did no one else want them?

I'm starting to think you are just trying to either A) annoy people or B) really dont get the NFL. This team has made the playoffs every year since I'm guessing you were about 5 years old. The Colts are the envy of most other franchises in the league with the consistency they show. :coltslogo:

pro bowl dbs save a lot of tds. why not have them

Your right, we should just trade Peyton and Freeney so we can afford a couple of them. That will be great maybe we only give up 10 pts a game (and lose 10-3) you can't have everything, thats not the way it works.

would we have made the playoffs without peyton? surround him with better players and get another sb, we are wasting his years putting just average players around him . are we capped out?? no!!

Average players huh? Maybe you should actually watch some of their games? The Colts have been one of the most talented teams in the league, ever heard of Dallas Clark, Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harrsion Edgerin James, Dwight Freeney, Bob Sanders. Do I need to keep naming names? Man that is 1 group of average players I just rolled off the top of my head....... :ignore:

you named a few names who are good whats wrong with having more and cutting those who cant perform? polian reads some of these if he thinks the fans are satisfied with one sb will he spend the money to get another?

/facepalm Salary cap, ever heard of it?

polian why the heck did u sign addai back smh i would of rather got ronnie brown true story addai is cool but im not too big on RB that only covert in short yardage 36 percent of the time

Think it might have something to do with the fact that we haven't been a run team in a while and Addai is consistently good at rolling out to the flats for that 2-5 yard gain dump pass? Hmmmm....

have we used our cap ? no!!!

Somehow I doubt signing a couple more scrubs that haven't been signed by anyone else will not make the difference that you may think it would. Yeah we may not be right against the cap, but the Raiders are 15 million over the cap....how's that working out for them?

No we did not sign Nnamdi. No we did not make a trade for Fatsworth. No we didn't sign Reggie Bush, Ronnie Brown, and god knows what other sub par running back that would want too much money to play a position that we'll get the same amount production out of Delone Carter from. I know people are obsessed with the signing of big names...but that doesn't always work out. In fact, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it rarely works out. How did Fatsworth work out with the Skins? The fact is it's about making smart personnel decisions. Signing Randy Moss would have made basically zero sense unless it was for vet minimum.

Signing Nnamdi would have bankrupt us and we couldn't sign other key players we need. I would love to have him as a cb in a Colts uniform but I don't think it would matter much. Our cb's are coached to allow a massive cushion on just about every play. Remember Tim Jennings? He was a favorite whipping boy of the fans but he turned out to be a pretty dayum good cb in Chicago. I don't know why the coaches tell the guys to play like this but they do. If you want to complain about that then by all means please do, I won't disagree with you there.

One thing I wouldn't have minded seeing us sign as a free agent though, would have been a massive mauling guard to help pave some holes in the run game. I don't know who...but I'm sure they were there and not all that expensive. It doesn't sound like our interior oline is making much noise in training camp.

Hahaha for only my 2nd post on this "Colts Football Forum", i'm getting a lot of feedback...

Let us all agree that Powers=Best corner on Colts, Potential Probowl Corner.

And we probably do need more Corner depth but Powers is the future of the Colts secondary in my mind (Besides Bethea).

And if Jerraud Powers ever reads this, Please stay in Indy!!!!!! Ahhhhhh!!!!

Powers is awesome, he has shown that he is a very good player. I have big expectations for him. Honestly though, the first thing I think of when I think of Powers is him getting bit by the police dog. On a somewhat related note, my sisters were watching some wedding show (they love wedding shows) and it was the Atlanta version of the show and one of the girls being featured was engaged to Powers, it was cool to see.

Powers is gonna have a great year, The colts dont need to sign any big name corner if they did that would be all good but right now the colts are worried about their own. Powers is up and coming, Lacey is good and got potential, Justin was pretty good last season now we just gotta see what kevin and chris can do.

Yeah he's got lots of potential to get burned deep at least 50 times this year.

Yea that happened and he still managed to keep the starting job while he was battling injuries.... :rolleyes: the colts know who can play and cant its obvious some fans dont.