Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Texans' Arian Foster pulls hammy in first practice

shakedownstreet

Houston Texans running back Arian Foster, the NFL's rushing champion last season, left practice early Friday after straining his hamstring on a 40-yard touchdown run on the first play of an 11-on-11 scrimmage, the Houston Chronicle reported Friday.

It was Foster's first practice of training camp. Coach Gary Kubiak told the newspaper he was uncertain about the severity of the injury.

Full Story

Jags young QB however supposedly has been stellar

Yeah, apparently Gabbert has been throwing the ball very well at camp. However, they lost their best WR in Sims-Walker. Their only other major weapons on offense are Lewis and MJD. And it doesn't matter if you have Jerry Rice, Kellen Winslow and Marvin Harrison to throw the ball to, if you are a rookie QB, you will make plenty of mistakes reading coverages and things like that.

Guest BlueShoe

He's is just ducking week 1. ;)

Actually this isn't good for the Texans. I don't remember very many players who have hurt their hammy in camp and bounced back quickly from it. It's usually something that aggravates a player all season long.

Lots of injuries all around in camp but I think that since the Texans RB corps behind Foster is more questionable, they don't mind sitting him out extra days to rest a hamstring. A lot of players have it nag throughout the year because they never give it the proper rest. I doubt Foster is not taking carries week 1 vs Indy.