Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Don't Be Too Upset With Irsay, Manning Is Still Not Healthy.

SilentHill

More teams had success in the playoffs I think.

You can say that, but stats and facts say we witnessed the best team in a decade possible.

yea, just not any teams owned by the Irsays.

Superbowls the Irsay family have won in 2 generations (40 years): 1

want me post the Colts win loss stats with and without Peyton?

90ish before Peyton, 141 after Peyton. :thmup:

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea, just not any teams owned by the Irsays.

Superbowls the Irsay family have won in 2 generations (40 years): 1

want me post the Colts win loss stats with and without Peyton?

If it makes you feel better be my guest. Post what you want.

I dont think throwing is going to be a problem for PM, now taking shot after shot by blitzing linebackers and being able to keep getting up is where the problem could lie. Good luck PM, I hope you get another ring or two which you deserve and leave the gamewith your health.

You know his neck is more structurally sound than better, right?

before*

More teams had success in the playoffs I think.

Well did you ever think that if Peyton had a complete team he wouldn't have had to carry this team for all those years. We know after last season when he couldn't play and we ended up 2/14 that was the case. I'm glad for one that he will have a more complete team to play with and we will see how he does. Me thinks it's going to be exciting to see how things pan out.

You know his neck is more structurally sound than better, right?

We are sure of this based on what? There is absolutly no prrof of that until he is hit a few times. The same doctors you are quoting also said he would miss just a few preseason games after his first couple of sugeries.

Well did you ever think that if Peyton had a complete team he wouldn't have had to carry this team for all those years. We know after last season when he couldn't play and we ended up 2/14 that was the case. I'm glad for one that he will have a more complete team to play with and we will see how he does. Me thinks it's going to be exciting to see how things pan out.

I'm not sure if that thought process fits the agenda of some.

We are sure of this based on what? There is absolutly no prrof of that until he is hit a few times. The same doctors you are quoting also said he would miss just a few preseason games after his first couple of sugeries.

When bones break, and assuming that proper healing has taken place, viz formation of procallus to fibrocartilaginous callus and then to resorption and fusion of bone fragments along lines of weightbearing, the healing site is stronger than before. this is because of increased bone deposition and formation at the fracture site. Again, it depends on general conditions like nutritional status and possibly, proper casting and immobilization of the limb.

source: healthask.

Too bad we didn't have the opportunity to work Peyton out like the other teams.

What a disadvantage and joke that was.

CURSE YOU, CBA!

It would not have mattered. Irsay was resolute.

There were several of us here that swore Manning would be back. Manning himself said, explicitly, "I swear, no one believes this, I didn't know. I thought up until the day before the press conference that I was returning to Indianapolis to play as a Colt".

As PG said above. Something here didn't add up. Irsay lying to the fanbase. Manning in the dark (Did Irsay lie to him too). Weird goings on. It is my belief that it will come out, everything comes out in the wash. Eventually we will hear things, truths, that will make us all very upset.

I don't believe Peyton either. I think both knew he was gone for a while. Listen, put the pieces together folks. And don't listen to guys like Mort either.

No way in the world do I think Peyton did not think and know there was an excellent chance he was leaving. No way. He prepares better then anyone. He gets cut and immediately several teams contact him and he narrows the field. He then narrows it down even more. Then more to 3 finalists. It did not take a crazy long time either. It was an efficient process here in finding a new home.

I think Peyton had his homework done ahead of time to an extent. I really believe this.

I also am starting to think Pey-Luck was never gonna happen. Look at the deal he just signed with Denver. The man wants to play if he can for 4 to 5 more years. If he can thats great but we were never going to spend the first pick in the draft for a QB to ride the bench for several seasons.

As soon as the Saints destroyed the Colts I felt like things were gonna change. The team was lost and it was declining slowly for years.

Mannings new deal with the Broncos ......"Pay as you go" ... virtually NO risk for Denver. They can terminate the contract in any year.

Why wouldn't Manning do this for Indy? Had Indy kept him they were on the hook for "every year and penny of the deal." Manning was not about to give Indy the same type deal.

Manning wanted out, .... I am 100% convinced now. But he had to keep up his "awe shucks" good ole boy public perception. And not be viewed in a bad light....

Mission accomplished. Irsay is being viewed as the villain.

Mannings new deal with the Broncos ......"Pay as you go" ... virtually NO risk for Denver. They can terminate the contract in any year.

Why wouldn't Manning do this for Indy? Had Indy kept him they were on the hook for "every year and penny of the deal." Manning was not about to give Indy the same type deal.

Manning wanted out, .... I am 100% convinced now. But he had to keep up his "awe shucks" good ole boy public perception. And not be viewed in a bad light....

100% correct.

Don't let the fact that "doing this for Indy", would have come at a 28.4 cap hit in 2012, as opposed to the 18.0 cap hit it has in Denver get in the way.

Also the Broncos have far more cap room this year than the Colts had last year.

Peyton also talked or hinted at "NOW". Winning a title. Or trying to. Not in a few years. Not in 3. NOW.

Were the Colts even with Manning going to win a title next year?

Yep. He wanted out. I don't care what anyone says or what he said. I don't blame him either. I have been saying for some time it was the best situation to let him go and for us to move on.

Better hope he can deliver in Denver though. The pressure is ON.

Of course he wants to play, or he wouldn't have signed a 5 year deal last year, or this year for that matter.

The one year victory lap talk would only insult him.

Pey-Luck was a fan dream but something I never realistically saw happening. No way it was realistic to me.....one or the other. Peyton wants to win now and the Colts wanted to also prepare for the future.

Something had to give.

And I fully think the Colts had to prepare for the future and make serious changes to the team.

Pey-Luck was a fan dream but something I never realistically saw happening. No way it was realistic to me.....one or the other. Peyton wants to win now and the Colts wanted to also prepare for the future.

Something had to give.

And I fully think the Colts had to prepare for the future and make serious changes to the team.

That ridiculous hyphenated catchphrase had no chance of happening. It didn't make sense $ wise, it didn't make sense from Manning's perspective, it didn't make much sense from Luck's perspective, it was just something ill-informed fans hung on to.

The only way Manning was staying here was if they traded the draft pick for a package of picks and addressed his replacement(not back up qb), in 3 years or so.

That ridiculous hyphenated catchphrase had no chance of happening. It didn't make sense $ wise, it didn't make sense from Manning's perspective, it didn't make much sense from Luck's perspective, it was just something ill-informed fans hung on to.

The only way Manning was staying here was if they traded the draft pick for a package of picks and addressed his replacement(not back up qb), in 3 years or so.

Agree.

Don't let the fact that "doing this for Indy", would have come at a 28.4 cap hit in 2012, as opposed to the 18.0 cap hit it has in Denver get in the way.

Also the Broncos have far more cap room this year than the Colts had last year.

And we should also not forget that the Colts paid $26.4 million in real cash to PM in 2011 for not playing a single down. That payment is responsible for the $16 million cap hit in 2011, and the $10.4 million dead cap space in 2012.

And we should also not forget that the Colts paid $26.4 million in real cash to PM in 2011 for not playing a single down. That payment is responsible for the $16 million cap hit in 2011, and the $10.4 million dead cap space in 2012.

Yeah i've mentioned that a time or two..

That's on Irsay and Polian for constructing the contract that way.

Peyton also talked or hinted at "NOW". Winning a title. Or trying to. Not in a few years. Not in 3. NOW.

Were the Colts even with Manning going to win a title next year?

Yep. He wanted out. I don't care what anyone says or what he said. I don't blame him either. I have been saying for some time it was the best situation to let him go and for us to move on.

Better hope he can deliver in Denver though. The pressure is ON.

You hit it, right on the noggin, Jules!!!

Just wondering if anybody else heard this quote from Manning after agreeing to terms with the Broncos?

When asked about his health, Manning who has had four neck surgeries in 2011, responded, "Could I play a game this Sunday? Yeah I could. I'm planning on playing for a long time."

When bones break, and assuming that proper healing has taken place, viz formation of procallus to fibrocartilaginous callus and then to resorption and fusion of bone fragments along lines of weightbearing, the healing site is stronger than before. this is because of increased bone deposition and formation at the fracture site. Again, it depends on general conditions like nutritional status and possibly, proper casting and immobilization of the limb.

LOL, okay!

Just wondering if anybody else heard this quote from Manning after agreeing to terms with the Broncos?

When asked about his health, Manning who has had four neck surgeries in 2011, responded, "Could I play a game this Sunday? Yeah I could. I'm planning on playing for a long time."

Yes, he did, with the key words being COULD & PLANNING.

He also went on to say that it may not be to his standards, but he expects to continue to get better.

They did put out clauses into the contract to protect the Broncos, should the nerve not heal completely, for a reason.

I'm not saying he won't heal completely, but there's still that question in the minds of all involved.

At least you don't need Directv to watch E.R.

I don't believe Peyton either. I think both knew he was gone for a while. Listen, put the pieces together folks. And don't listen to guys like Mort either.

No way in the world do I think Peyton did not think and know there was an excellent chance he was leaving. No way. He prepares better then anyone. He gets cut and immediately several teams contact him and he narrows the field. He then narrows it down even more. Then more to 3 finalists. It did not take a crazy long time either. It was an efficient process here in finding a new home.

I think Peyton had his homework done ahead of time to an extent. I really believe this.

Why would Peyton lie? To cover Jim's sorry butt? No way! If you can give me one reason why he wouldn't just say what really went down, I might buy in to your theory. If you're right, Peyton would've just said so in his classic nonchalant manner.

Why would Peyton lie? To cover Jim's sorry butt? No way! If you can give me one reason why he wouldn't just say what really went down, I might buy in to your theory. If you're right, Peyton would've just said so in his classic nonchalant manner.

Oh I forgot. Peyton never lies. Never does anything wrong. He is an angel.

Good gracious.

Carry on. Back to the Irsay is the devil talk........

Oh I forgot. Peyton never lies. Never does anything wrong. He is an angel.

Good gracious.

Carry on. Back to the Irsay is the devil talk........

Actually he asked a question.. Irsay did lie, we have established that. Peyton had zero reason to lie when he was directly asked about whether he knew he wasing going to be cut.. So why would Peyton lie??