This is a nice article by Coltzilla

& features with detailed reports on standout performances by

Tommie Harris –

Delone Carter

Jerry Hughes

Pat McAfee

Drake Nevis

My link

Let me add from all i have read the receivers including back off IR Collie & Gonzo but also , Wayne & Garcon are running nice crisp routes and getting sepeartion and making the catch

& that Painter is mainly on target and throwing with zip

& Powers has been great

also Dallas progressed throughout the week & on Friday from Colts.com

During 7-on-7 and 11-on-11 work tight end Dallas Clark was a popular target of quarterback Curtis Painter.

other Friday practice notes are there to

My link

This is a nice article by Coltzilla

& features with detailed reports on standout performances by

Tommie Harris –

Delone Carter

Jerry Hughes

Pat McAfee

Drake Nevis

My link

Let me add from all i have read the receivers including back off IR Collie & Gonzo but also , Wayne & Garcon are running nice crisp routes and getting sepeartion and making the catch

& that Painter is mainly on target and throwing with zip

Thanks, Barry. This is great news on all of these guys. Harris, Carter, Nevis, Hughes - I'm especially stoked they're playing well.

I couldn't help but notice that three of these players are D-lineman, an area we desperately need help in. With so many questions at CB, we're going to need pressure and run support from up front. Good news it seems.

Yep. I think there's a chance we acquire another CB before the season starts. All the dust hasn't settled just yet.

All the pre-draft cries were "fix the trenches" and that's exactly what's been addressed. Encouraging. There's a lot to look forward to.

These guys doing well will be awesome for the Colts! MacAffee is getting no love from fans! With the new kickoff rules, he is going to cover up our biggest weakness for the past 5+ years! Our kick coverage has been consistently our worst facet of the game year to year... This new kickoff plays right into our hands!

These guys doing well will be awesome for the Colts! MacAffee is getting no love from fans! With the new kickoff rules, he is going to cover up our biggest weakness for the past 5+ years! Our kick coverage has been consistently our worst facet of the game year to year... This new kickoff plays right into our hands!

Agree.

By default the new rules will level that part of the game more often. It'll be interesting to see how it figures in outdoor games with strong wind and/or inclement weather. That'll be the test. Still could be the difference in some games. Coin toss/which end of the field you choose, etc., same way kicking field goals under those conditions figures in.

I am not sure whether to be happy or just extremely worried that our oline might be crap. Hopefully it is just our defense personel has stepped up their game and the rookie are what we hoped for. I will see more for myself Wednesday and Thursday when I attend camp.

I am not sure whether to be happy or just extremely worried that our oline might be crap. Hopefully it is just our defense personel has stepped up their game and the rookie are what we hoped for. I will see more for myself Wednesday and Thursday when I attend camp.

I was worried about the same thing! However, I'd just like to point out that our starting O-Line oftentimes didn't include DeVan, Diem, Saturday, or Pollak. Today's scrimmage and next week's practices will be very interesting for both sides of the line. Can't wait!

I was worried about the same thing! However, I'd just like to point out that our starting O-Line oftentimes didn't include DeVan, Diem, Saturday, or Pollak. Today's scrimmage and next week's practices will be very interesting for both sides of the line. Can't wait!

I noted this before , this was basically our starting lines and Cast came late, Iljalan at RT as no diem yet ( ilalan will probably learn RG ) , so before friday at least our OL was this e whatever u call it & no Saturday either & if anyone else played Frid it was ist day

also as PHIL B says A Rookie Freeney beat starter Tarik Glenn so cut Castonzo slack for getting schooled by a veteran ACE DE , this was after AM PRACTICE WED ,he will be fine

My link

DNP: Adam Vinatieri, Dan Orlovsky, Nate Davis, Taj Smith, Blair White, Peyton Manning, Kevin Thomas, Joseph Addai, Melvin Bullitt, Jeff Saturday, Kyle DeVan, Eric Foster, Ryan Diem, Michael Toudouze, Mike Pollak, Tommie Harris, Antonio Johnson, Ernie Simms, Fili Moala, Brody Eldridge, Jammal Anderson

(Unable to participate due to Veteran Free Agency restrictions as a result of new CBA rules. Players in BLACK will be able to participate starting Thursday, Aug. 4th)

1st team O-line: LT – Linkenbach, LG – Reitz, C – Richard, RG – Thomas, RT – Ijalana

2nd team O-line: LT – Castonzo, LG – McClendon, C – Kirkpatrick, RG – Williams, RT – Bender

1st team D-line: LE – Mathis, NT – Matthews, UT – Nevis, RE – Freeney

2nd team D-line: LE – Hughes, NT – Ogubu, UT – Gill, RE – Chick

1st team Offense: QB – Painter, RB1 – Brown, RB2 – Carter, WR1 – Wayne, WR2 – Collie, WR3 – Garcon, TE1 – Clark, TE2 – Tamme

2nd team Offense: QB: – Hartline, RB1 – Moore, RB2 – James, WR1 – Gonzalez, WR2 – Gilreath, WR3 – Heckendorf, TE1 – Myers, TE2 – DeVree

Field Goal Drills

Pat McAfee a NICE side note

2/2 – 25 yard line

2/2 – 30 yard line

2/2 – 35 yard line

*Note: McAfee was also doing practice field goals before the formal practice began and was booting them from the 50 yard line and deeper and making them. His longest one came from 75 yards out and he sailed the ball through with room to spare. This was on a stand, though, and not with a holder, so that should be taken into account. McAfee was also airing punts well over 70 yards during punting drills, and landing them directly down field each time. Baltz on the other hand was getting around 50 yards maximum and was all over the place with his accuracy.

My link

good to hear tommie harris made an impression in his one day of practice

Yep, Harris is still relatively young and if he is healthy he is going to be playing for one last "big" contract. So hopefully Indy will get a HUGE year from this guy. If he comes back to near his old form Indy will have a dominant DL.

Who would have thought a punter could be so cool, colts are gonna dominate... lets just hope peyton doesnt miss a beat.

Hunter Smith was a nice athlete too! I remember him getting a few penalties for hitting too hard! A punter getting hits like that was hilarious...

One thing that bothers me is that Joe Reitz a tackle is starting at LG over McClendon. That doesn't say much for a guy who I thought might take over as our new LG this season.

I've been to camp 3 times this week and IMO McClendon looks much smaller compared to the other lineman. Don't have the bulk that you would like to see in a guard. He is bow legged with skinny lower legs. When I did see him out there he seemed to get blown up pretty bad. Im not sure he has much of a future in the NFL and I understand why some "experts" didn't think he would be drafted at all.

I've been to camp 3 times this week and IMO McClendon looks much smaller compared to the other lineman. Don't have the bulk that you would like to see in a guard. He is bow legged with skinny lower legs. When I did see him out there he seemed to get blown up pretty bad. Im not sure he has much of a future in the NFL and I understand why some "experts" didn't think he would be drafted at all.

Nevis was blowing everyone up.Dude is a freak.I'll reserve judgement on Mcclendon until the first preason game.

Then we'll see who gets "blown up"