Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would Anyone Be Upset/suprised If Colts Take Rgiii With The First Pick

I like RGIII more than I do Luck, RGIII is a dual threat qb who is pass first run second. he is an accurate thrower and has the ability to extend the play. Luck can run to but come on, we all heard about RG3 40 time.

I found this article and made me like Griffin just that much more. Im just not a fan of Lucks yet, and the media has him sold to the colts already. In previous years it was always suprising to see what the colts would do in the draft, at least to me it was. So maybe they will suprise people again.

Also, RG3 moved his proday to 1 day before Lucks. This will allow more scouts to come check him out at his proday and maybe even better his chances to land on the colts roster.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1094072-2012-nfl-draft-why-the-indianapolis-colts-should-consider-robert-griffin-iii

I like RG3, but I do not think he is nearly as good of a pocket passer as Luck is. Idk if i would be upset with the pick, but I would be really surprised.

Griffin throws a great deep ball, but I am not sold on the rest of his passing skills. I also dont like his 3rd and long numbers.

Not sold on RG3 and I followed a ton of Big 12 football. He was great last year but I can't see him sustaining in the NFL. It hasn't been proven that that style of dual-threat QB can consistently compete for Super Bowl titles. I think he might have a great rookie year like Vince Young or Cam Newton, but I think the league will figure him out.

I like the kid though and I hope he does well but I 'd take Luck 100/100 times and I have no doubt the Colts will too. To each his own I suppose, if i were staring a college team from the ground up I would choose RG3. If I am trying to rebuild a pro franchise I take Luck.

im talking about guys like mcnabb, vick, young, cunningham

doesnt matter YOUNG was a dual threat he has more rushing yards then mcnabb and vince young so how is he not a dual threat? when he has more rushing yards then two "dual" threats you named

Mcnabb

Rushing=2626

Passing=37276

vince young(I know his career is not over)

Rushing=449

Passing=8964

doesnt matter YOUNG was a dual threat he has more rushing yards then mcnabb and vince young so how is he not a dual threat? when he has more rushing yards then two "dual" threats you named

Steve Young was always a pass first QB who could run, much like Fran Tarkenton or even Aaron Rodgers.

Run 1st is probably a better term to describe the Vick, RGIII and Cam's of the world.

I would be surprised for sure. I think RGIII is arguably more athletic than Cam Newton and he's proven that he's a smart guy with the tools necessary to be both a passing and running threat, but when I look at overall ability I think Andrew is a good deal ahead of Robert. You see this in the gameplay (tape). Luck does a better job of assessing the defense at the line of scrimmage. He audibles more and with better results. He has great touch on the ball and adjusts his launch point often to make the ball more difficult for DB's to get to. He is physically larger than Robert (not by much) but he isn't easy to bring down...he tends to scramble like Rogers of GB does also, which in this league of 260lb rushers is about all you want your QB to do.

I would be surprised if the Colts used their #1 overall pick to draft RG3.

I would suspect Irsay, Grigson and Pagano's ability to evaluate talent.

I see a very recognizable difference between Luck and RG3. It is almost as large as the difference between RG3 and Ryan Tannehill, Nick Foles, Brock Osweiler, Brandon Weeden and Kirk Cousins.

RGIII isn't a run first QB, but he is a QB that runs a lot. He had 181 rush attempts this year. Donald Brown, our running back who is supposed to run had 134 carries, Joseph Addai had 118, and Delone Carter had 101. RGIII has had more rushing attempts than any of our runningbacks. He averages 14 rushes per game.

Also, watch a lot of game film on him, and only focus on his head. His highlights are exciting, but you will notice that he only looks at one side of the field and if his primary target is not open, he will take off an run. He has a hard time going through his progressions, which accounts for the high rushing stats.

Compare his head movement to Luck's and you will see that Luck will survey the field a whole lot more and will make second and third reads before taking off.

there not the defintion of dual threats. defensives dont go into games to try to stop rodgers from running

i think what you mean are run first guys.

dual threat guys they are... I dont see a better definition of a dual tthreat than steve young

there not the defintion of dual threats. defensives dont go into games to try to stop rodgers from running

And teams wont stop RG3 from running either. Well they could but he will burn em with a couple deep passes and that would be the end of that. RG3 is way closer to a Rodgers or Young by comparison then Vince Young. Young was an athlete playing QB not a dual threat QB. RG3 can burn you by throwing as well as running. Just like Rodgers can, the only difference is RG3 runs a 4.3

if they pick RGIII instead of Luck...after gutting the team, and with more cuts/trades to come... yes, i would be upset.

Getting rid of all of the players i have enjoyed watching, and adding a QB that i hate watching...why would i even be interested in watching the Colts any more?

RGIII is not who I would want behind center. yeah he can run, and he can throw but does he have the mentality and character that it takes to compete in the NFL. Back in '98 we were debating between Leaf and Manning. Now it is RGIII and Luck. Now don't get me wrong, I hope both of them have successful NFL careers but I don't think RGIII will. Luck on the other hand is very athletic and, at least from what I have seen from him, has the mentality that is needed from an NFL QB.

i see rg3 like vick he wont play every single game a season cause he will get injured alot because he does run so team will set up up for both when they play him cause the know he can run and throw like they know vick can run and throw and look what happens to vick. i prefer luck

I would be upset if they took RG3 over Luck, and for that matter, if they cut Peyton for RG3. It is no surprise that the Colts released Peyton because Luck is available, who is supposedly the best draft prospect since Elway/Manning. RG3, while athletic, is not nearly as polished as Luck and it would be down right foolish to cut Manning to take him.

In addition, with the type of offense Pagano and Bruce Arians are likely to implement, it does not feature a spread it out, running quarterback scheme. Luck is the guy, and should be the guy, that the Colts select at #1 overall.

Steve Young was a pretty darn good runner.

im pretty sure defensives didnt go into games to stop young from running. he is not like RGIII. the players im referring to are cunningham, mcnair, mcnabb, young, and vick.

There are many reasons why Luck is the guy over RG3, but above all...the Colts need to continue the tradition of a having a goofy, horse-faced QB like Peyton. RG3 is way too cool and suave to be our QB. Andrew Luck is straight up nasty. Complete with a Kyle Orton style Neckbeard. It has to be Luck. He is the only one for the job.

It will be Luck. No doubt. Don't listen to the hype, Luck is a better prospect, and he is ready to start from day 1. RG3 will have a steep learning curve, and you never know if he can adjust to an NFL system, even though he is a smart kid.

My greatest fear regarding RG3 is injuries. He doesn't have the bulk Vick has, and look at his injuries. Besides he had an ACL tear that ruined his entire 2009 season, and he had a couple of concussions. This does not bode well, considering that most experts want him to run a lot more to utilize his talent.

RG3 is a guaranteed BUST! And Luck will have the better pro career. Anyone who thinks different is a fool and naive to believe RG3 is some gamechanger, when this so-called dual threat gamechanger HAS NEVER WON A SUPERBOWL or even panned out to have a successful hall of fame career. Vince Young 2 is all he is, without the mental case issues... well he does love weird teenage themed socks, so does that still count?

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 17, 2012 - inappropriate
Hidden by Nadine, March 17, 2012 - inappropriate

RG3 is a guaranteed BUST! And Luck will have the better pro career. Anyone who thinks different is a fool and naive to believe RG3 is some gamechanger, when this so-called dual threat gamechanger HAS NEVER WON A SUPERBOWL or even panned out to have a successful hall of fame career. Vince Young 2 is all he is, without the mental case issues... well he does love weird teenage themed socks, so does that still count?

Its cause hes black right?