Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Will Go To An Afc Team...

bap1331

Facing Eli in the Super Bowl shouldn't have much to do with his decision but I also hope he goes to Miami, NOT Denver.

I like what Miami's offense could look like next season with Manning but I still favor NE unless Brady gets hurt.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not an Alex Smith fan but I would give him another year maybe with Harbaugh. He did fine against the super hyped up Brees led Saints in the divisional round. In the NFCCG he did not play great but then again I am not sure you can point to just him for the loss. The special teams errors cost them.

I don't think you just toss in Peyton and it's more a guarantee in a new system for a SB then a QB who is already there and knows whats up.

JMO

Good points as always, Jules.

I thought Denver was crazy overrated last season. When facing legit offenses in the Pats and Lions they got creamed. The D is not as good as I think it is made out to be but it's not terrible either. They can't cover TEs either.

8-8 did win the sorry division but AFC West teams also seem doomed to not win a title.

I am not a Tebow fan either. But, he did help them show signs of life when they were down and out.

Most of Denver's run they had.....was luck.

The reason they got creamed is because they couldnt put up points...do you think Peyton would really have multiple games with 10 complete passes or less? He would help their D in the same ways that he helped the Colts D, by helping to limit their time on the field...

And with nearly $45 million in available cap space, they can afford to add more pieces than just Peyton Manning.

The reason they got creamed is because they couldnt put up points...do you think Peyton would really have multiple games with 10 complete passes or less? He would help their D in the same ways that he helped the Colts D, by helping to limit their time on the field...

And with nearly $45 million in available cap space, they can afford to add more pieces than just Peyton Manning.

Excellent point!!! Denver does have a ton of cap room space to surround Peyton with weapons & secure his services. Give #18 a great line to survey the field with & an intimidating defense & secondary to get the ball back to him & the sky is the limit baby!!! I was never sold on Tim Tebow anyway. "Mile High" would be a great new grid iron home for Peyton Manning!!!

Denver would be a great spot for Manning. Big cap space to lure free agents, good defense, and Tebows trade value will never be higher. It'll be nice if the donkeys can fleece the Jaguars out of a first rounder or two for Tebow.

True, Denver does have cap space. And Tebow despite his late game heroics completed very few passes in some games.

Still it's a tough one. I know Elway wants to dump Tebow but Peyton better watch out for crazy Tebow fantatics if he signs there. :) I mean have you guys ever met a die hard Tebow fan? *shivers* They won't argue with you....they just won't.

In Denver Peyton could lean on the run game a lot more too.

I dislike the AFC West and AFC East (outside the Bills to some extent) though so it all leaves an icky taste in my mouth.

I hope he ends up on the Cardinals now even though I also love Harbaugh.

The best shot at winning a divsion is probably the AFC West though. That thing is always up in the air.

So, if Peyton goes to Denver, Jags want to trade for Tebow. How do Colts fans feel about facing Tebow 2x's per year?

I have thought of this. Not scared of Tebow as a QB. I also hope our run D gets better or Tebow+MJD could be a nightmare. No idea what the D will look like though so tough to call.

Sadly, Tebow mania twice a year could be pretty darn annoying to deal with.

I don't hate Tebow though. He seems like a nice enough dude. Just some of his rabid fans and hype can get annoying.

I have thought of this. Not scared of Tebow as a QB. I also hope our run D gets better or Tebow+MJD could be a nightmare. No idea what the D will look like though so tough to call.

Sadly, Tebow mania twice a year could be pretty darn annoying to deal with.

I don't hate Tebow though. He seems like a nice enough dude. Just some of his rabid fans and hype can get annoying.

Yeah, don't see him making the Jags better or worse really

Pats fans are very unsettled by the thought of Manning playing in their division.

Actually not at all... I'm excited by it. I'm a football fan first and foremost, and Manning in Miami is, if anything, very enticing to me.

I was actually thinking originally that Miami would be the best situation for him. Good weather stadium, nice weapons on offense, a solid defense, etc. But word is Miami is now trending downward.

If you're talking about teams that are "only a quarterback away" from a Super Bowl, and just picked a team at random and added Manning to it... the Ravens would be scary as (beep) with #18 under center. And what a way that would be for Manning to stick it to the Irsays.

I just thought of something... Peyton could be visiting teams strategically, to entice others to get in the action for him. Arizona is so far over the cap and have a terrible Oline. Could that be his way to pressure 49ers? If u don't want me you will face me twice a year. Same with this Tennessee visit. They are not very good, could this be a ploy to entice Houston in a similar way? He was very interested in them apparently... Thoughts?

i know you are new to the forum, but cloning manning is an old old joke around here. even funnier is that we'd stop using the term quarterback. they would just be referred to as mannings, and every team would have them.

[reports from the texans training camp] "the texans have brought in several new manning prospects this off season. it'll be a real tough decision on which ones to cut & which ones to keep. but it's a good problem to have. back to you tom in the studio"

Kinda reminds me of Being John Malcovich.