Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs, Rams Preseason Game Night Thread

indy_nick

I am trying to do this as cautiously as possible. I am aware that we are not allowed to do any advertising on this site. However, I live in North Carolina, and I am unable to watch three of the first 4 pre-season games because they are only on local Indy television. If anyone knows where I can watch the teams first preseason game, PLEASE SEND ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE, and please do not respond to this topic in the thread. I am very excited about the season and would love not to miss a snap, and that includes the pre-season. Mods, if this is breaking some sort of site rule, please closer this thread and I apologize. I do not want any trouble in the forums, I just want to be able to see my team play. Thank you.

IndyNick, you are correct that it is against forum rules to solicit or provide links to unauthorized streaming of an NFL game:

9. Do not post copyrighted NFL video, links to copyrighted NFL video or illegal NFL radio feeds *anywhere* in the forum or on the site. This is especially true of online game day feeds.Requesting and posting online links to NFL games that are not sanctioned by the NFL are illegal and will be deleted and posters subject to restricted site/forum access. Please make sure that any other videos you post do not include copyrighted material.

http://www.colts.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

I do understand your dilemma. I live near Fort Wayne which isn't that far from Indy, at least in comparison to North Carolina. Yet, it is far enough to be out of the Indy viewing area. In the past, I have only been able to view one of the preseason games and I am assuming the same will be true this year. :hissy:

I realize it is not the same, but I listen to the game via radio. Here is a link to Colt's radio stations that will be streaming the games:

http://tunein.com/radio/stations/Indianapolis-Colts-Radio-Stations-a37468/

Also, I have many friends and relatives living near Charlotte who are Panther fans so I have adopted the Panthers as my second team. I would like to be able to watch all of their games, but can't justify the expense of the Sunday Ticket to do so. A Panther's radio station helps me out there.

Again, I really do sympathize with you. However, I am closing this thread to avoid the chance that someone may post a link that is not authorized by the NFL.

HI, and welcome back to Colts football everybody! Colts are coming where they left off from their abrupt First-Round home loss tot the New York Jets last January. Colts travel west across Interstate 70 to play the St. Louis Rams in the first preseason game of 2011, and even their preseason series, with the Rams winning the only other preseason meeting 19-17 more than five years ago at on August 10, 2006, also at the Edwards Jones Dome. Peyton Manning is still recovering from his neck surgery in May, so Lance Painter is expected to start at QB for the Colts tonight., Gametime and kickoff from the Edward Jones Dome in St. Louis is scheduled right after 8:00PM, Eastern Standard Time.

Indiana Hoosier broadcaster Don Fischer and former Purdue and NFL QB Mark Herrmann will announce the live TV game commentary and analysis along with sideline reporter Jeffery Gorman on WDNY 23 in Indianapolis, WTHI CBS 10 in Terre Haute, and the Colts Preseason Television Network. Our 'Voice Of The Colts,' Bob Lamey, along Wil Wolford, and sideline reporter Kevin Lee, also announce the live radio game play-by-play and analysis simulcast on Colts flagship stations WFNI ESPN Sportsradio 1070AM, and WLHK Country 98.1FM, and the Colts Radio Network.

Not only will the Colts begin their journey to hopefully host their first Super Bowl in Indianapolis in less than six months for Super Bowl XVLI (46), but also we also acknowledge and recognize the 40th anniversary of the Irsay family with their ownership of the Colts.

Veteran Colts players are expected to play the first few series of tonight's game, before newly signed veterans, free agents, and rookies also play on the field during the course of the game to earn themselves into the 53-man regular season roster.

I wish the Colts no injuries, and minimum penalties and turnovers as they play the Rams tonight. GO COLTS!!!!!

Complete Colts/Preseason Game Information And Gametracker:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2011081353/2011/PRE1/colts@rams

http://www.colts.com/gameday.cfm

http://www.colts.com/downloads/2002releases/336/release.pdf

Colts Radio Network:

I live in northwest indiana and don't see the colts game on my comcast guide. i was wondering if anyone knows of any website I can check to see if I will be able to watch this game here. I don't want to go to a bar to watch it because i really like having the audio so I can keep track on the lower string guys and hear what the commenters are talking about

check out this thread. it was closed for the exact same reason:

<link>

I would recommend just buying the preseason package off of NFL.com

That thread was not closed for the same reason. There is a great deal of difference between asking for a programming guide to find a local TV affiliate that has coverage and asking for or providing a link to a streaming website. Topics that request or provide links to any site to watch NFL games streamed online are immediately closed and posters will be warned. Requests for programming guides to find out whether a Colts game will be televised in your local area are perfectly fine.

That thread was not closed for the same reason. There is a great deal of difference between asking for a programming guide to find a local TV affiliate that has coverage and asking for or providing a link to a streaming website. Topics that request or provide links to any site to watch NFL games streamed online are immediately closed and posters will be warned. Requests for programming guides to find out whether a Colts game will be televised in your local area are perfectly fine.

I think it's also okay to complain about the NFL not allowing Direct TV to include the preseason games in the Sunday Ticket package. You'd think they would just so people would sign up earlier in the year.

As for the game tonight, I believe it's only on in the local markets. It's being shown Sunday on the NFL Network.

Does anyone know if the radio broadcast will be on-line (provided legally by the radio station)?

I think it's also okay to complain about the NFL not allowing Direct TV to include the preseason games in the Sunday Ticket package. You'd think they would just so people would sign up earlier in the year.

As for the game tonight, I believe it's only on in the local markets. It's being shown Sunday on the NFL Network.

Does anyone know if the radio broadcast will be on-line (provided legally by the radio station)?

AS far as I know, one of the local radio affiliates does stream their game audio legally. I can't remember which though.

You're right about Direct TV. I can't understand why the pre-season games aren't included in the NFL Sunday Ticker either. But then, I have ComCast and can't understand why I should have to stick a 18-inch wart on the side of my home to see the NFL either. As far as I can see, the NFL ought to be making deals with all carriers to allow all fans access to their teams. but that's me, and my personal opinion.

AS far as I know, one of the local radio affiliates does stream their game audio legally. I can't remember which though.

You're right about Direct TV. I can't understand why the pre-season games aren't included in the NFL Sunday Ticker either. But then, I have ComCast and can't understand why I should have to stick a 18-inch wart on the side of my home to see the NFL either. As far as I can see, the NFL ought to be making deals with all carriers to allow all fans access to their teams. but that's me, and my personal opinion.

I'm sure Direct TV is paying a pretty penny to the NFL to be the exclusive carrier. I have Sirius and it's kind of fun to switch between the Colts announcers and the opposing teams. Especially when we're winning the game.

I can totally understand why this board shuts down all the "I need a link" threads. No matter how you slice it, it's stealing. The same as illegal music or movie downloads.

I'm sure Direct TV is paying a pretty penny to the NFL to be the exclusive carrier. I have Sirius and it's kind of fun to switch between the Colts announcers and the opposing teams. Especially when we're winning the game.

I can totally understand why this board shuts down all the "I need a link" threads. No matter how you slice it, it's stealing. The same as illegal music or movie downloads.

There's a liability issue and the NFL is known to litigate over the copyright on NFL broadcasts and just about anything else with an NFL logo or copyright on it.

Just letting everyone know, it is being replayed on NFLN at 10 PM tomorrow night. For anyone not able to watch it tonight.

Why though are they showing the Packers and Browns though? They need to stop picking favorites and show both. Oh, so the Packers won the Superbowl, so they get the special treatment?