Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Take The Colts Out Of The Picture For This

King Colt

I hear Jags, Jags, Jags for the AFC South crown but I see no way the Texans fall to the Jags with a healthy  team on both sides. The difference is the QBs.. The Texans have one and the Jags don't.  Again, this has nothing to so with the Colts  so don'y stray off in a Colts vs, the AFC South "discussion".

Jags have to be favorites here, no doubt for me. Watson looked great last year but opposition teams now have tape on him and a lot of his game was mobility and we don't know how much that has been affected with the injury.

Biggest issue for me, that O-line might be the worst in the nfl. 

That Jags team is super stacked on the defensive side of things and really solid on the offense.   I think there's going to be some things done to slow Watson down a bit as far as Houston goes. However it will be interesting to see the new wrinkles they've added to the offense with the addition of Ke Ke Coutee in the slot and the additional tight ends they've added.  Should be harder to stop them with Coutee and Will fuller plus Hopkins and the tight ends combined with Watson.

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 6:51 AM, DaveA1102 said:

Jags have to be favorites here, no doubt for me. Watson looked great last year but opposition teams now have tape on him and a lot of his game was mobility and we don't know how much that has been affected with the injury.

Biggest issue for me, that O-line might be the worst in the nfl. 

Texans line is awful but I think all four teams have a legit shot to win the division this year.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Texans line is awful but I think all four teams have a legit shot to win the division this year.

I agree James, very exciting times for the AFC South.

All four teams have a high ceiling, and I would say (barring injuries) Titans have the lowest floor as I am just not sure about Vrabel.

I honestly believe that if Andrew Luck is healthy and our O-Line plays like we think they can then the Colts will be in the hunt for the division title and a playoff berth. I think Jacksonville is the favorite because of that defense, but I'm not very high on the Titans or Texans. Just a gut feeling, but I think the Colts will finish 10-6 and end up with a wild card berth.

I think the Jags will be the tough opponent in the AFC South for everyone. I disagree about the Texans. I'm not ready to say the Texans are great because they have Deshaun Watson. He's only played in what, 7 NFL games so far? Lets see a whole season play out first before I start thinking they are a force to reckon with in the AFC South. Sure, he had 2 monster games, but so has Andrew Luck (many), Marcus Mariota, and Blake Bortles (maybe. lol).

I'd go Jags only because their D is stacked and I think a good D beats a good O most times.  The Texans are no slouches there either if Watt is healthy, but I do NOT think they are the defense they were a few years ago.  They have lost some guys to FA and not replaced too much.  The Jags are so loaded they have backups that could be starting in Indy IMHO.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2018 at 11:29 AM, Coffeedrinker said:

The Jags played in the AFCCG.  How could they NOT be the off-season favorites to win the South?

They should be and they are the favorites. But I think they take a significant step back. I don't think the defensive line will be as good, and I think a team with weak QBing is more likely to lose close games than win them, so I see a regression to the mean this season. 

The latest over/under I saw for them was 9 wins, and I'd take the under. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Superman said:

They should be and they are the favorites. But I think they take a significant step back. I don't think the defensive line will be as good, and I think a team with weak QBing is more likely to lose close games than win them, so I see a regression to the mean this season. 

The latest over/under I saw for them was 9 wins, and I'd take the under. 

I agree completely.  EVERYTHING they did on defense last year turned to gold.  They got great seasons from everyone of the FA additions on defense and I can't believe that repeats.  Plus the Bortles thing.

19 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

I agree completely.  EVERYTHING they did on defense last year turned to gold.  They got great seasons from everyone of the FA additions on defense and I can't believe that repeats.  Plus the Bortles thing.

Yup, their two best defensive linemen had career seasons. One of them is 32 this season, the other is not generally a pass rush threat. 

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 12:22 AM, BlackPanther said:

We have the best quarterback in the division, it's not even close.

That means we can win the division.

I think if Watson picks up where he left off he can be as good as Luck. I hate to say that but we haven't seen Luck throw a pass in a competitive game yet.