Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Minicamp 6/14/18

TKnight24

Love how Ebron is doing. He seems to be motivated, and that's a great thing when you have the talent. When Luck comes back and plays with him, he should be even more dangerous. Ebron could be the best FA pickup of the year in the entire NFL if his play matches his drive so far in OTA's and minicamp. Nice job Ballard!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TKnight24 said:

I think Turbin and Ebron are gonna come out ballin' to prove something.  We could use the veteran leadership from Turbin (with RBs) as well.  Very good to the the "older guys" showing a good example for the "young-ins."  I always liked Turbin and his bruising style.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lollygagger8 said:

If it was Woods, I wouldn't feel too bad if I was Nelson because that happens to a lot of linemen that go against him. At least he didn't go backwards. 

Stewart is a monster at 6'4" 333. And Woods is a big guy as well. Nelson will got stronger and better as he acclimates.

3 hours ago, CamMo said:

Anthony Walker news - he’s in concussion protocol. So much better than a torn ligament. 

Not surprising Turbin has been getting most plays, Mack and Nyheim are injured I think.

It is better than a torn ligament. But getting a concussion from "incidental contact" in offseason practice doesn't sound good. Concussion issues are nasty...and they are not even in TC yet. Hopefully, it doesn't become a recurring issue with the position he plays.

4 hours ago, CR91 said:

Not sure how to feel if nelson cant move woods/stewart

It was one play in practice.    One.

You can worry if it becomes a daily occurrence.     Otherwise,  it's the difference between blocking inferior college kids and grown * men in the NFL.    You're not going to get your way every time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CR91 said:

If Nelson is keeping the guys at bay, and not letting them into the backfield then whats there to worry about? also the defender don't have to be moved that much really to open up a hole.  If Nelson was to move the defender too much then thats illegal man down field right? 

5 hours ago, CR91 said:

Ah that's just a snippet. I'll bet Nelson pounded them at times as well.

Is it okay to start dreaming of an o-line that actually takes care of 12 and can pound teams into submission by the 4th quarter?

Nelson is still young. He's going to continue to get stronger and better. He's not going to be able to man handle everyone. These guys will be more his match. So he had to improve his game, strength and technic which I know he will continue to do so.

(Nelson, of course, has been everything the Colts have hoped of a first-round pick. "You can see the instincts," Reich said. "One of the things on tape everybody said was this guy was the best pulling guard (prospect) ever. You can see that – man, it just shows up all over the tape. He’s had a couple of vets, like (Matt) Slauson, really take him under the wing a little bit. There is a process of learning. I think he’s had one or two a-ha moments. I remember seeing him on a double-team, I don’t know if it was Grover (Stewart) or Al Woods he was trying to move, and he wasn’t moving. I bet he’s not used to feeling that. He’s used to moving somebody. And there’s guys in this league, it’s just another step up.")

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2018/06/14/colts-rookies-nyheim-hines-deon-cain-look-like-real-deal/702161002/

I guess Reich noticed it too!   LOL

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Yeah, that's kinda concering about Geathers. Wouldn't be surprised if Ballard tries to bring back one of Vaccaro or Boston to get a deal done.

Yep. This is why I was fine with drafting a S if ihe value was there. Neck injuries are serious...and Geathers plays a very physical position.

Considering they brought both Vaccaro and Boston in for visits a month ago, it could mean that they have had concerns for a while now. They didn't sign either one...but I think there is a good chance they revisit it.

19 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Yep. This is why I was fine with drafting a S if ihe value was there. Neck injuries are serious...and Geathers plays a very physical position.

Considering they brought both Vaccaro and Boston in for visits a month ago, it could mean that they have had concerns for a while now. They didn't sign either one...but I think there is a good chance they revisit it.

Just after those interviews, there was a female reporter, who'd interviewed each of them, and tweeted something to the effect that 'you'll be surprised to know why they were brought in', as a tease to an upcoming article she was working on. We were all up in arms. I never saw what that ended up being about. Do you recall?

26 minutes ago, buccolts said:

Just after those interviews, there was a female reporter, who'd interviewed each of them, and tweeted something to the effect that 'you'll be surprised to know why they were brought in', as a tease to an upcoming article she was working on. We were all up in arms. I never saw what that ended up being about. Do you recall?

I do recall that...it was Josina Anderson. And we never heard anything else about it. Weird. 

• Like 1

On 6/14/2018 at 12:17 PM, shastamasta said:

It is better than a torn ligament. But getting a concussion from "incidental contact" in offseason practice doesn't sound good. Concussion issues are nasty...and they are not even in TC yet. Hopefully, it doesn't become a recurring issue with the position he plays.

Having had some time to think about this I think I've pieced this one together...

Remember the practice is SUPPISED to be non-contact.    No pads, no violent collisions.    And here's a guy who suffers a concussion due to contact.

The team is compelled to use soft language like "incidental" to protect the organization.   If the team admits there was too much contact, they could lose days of practice from the NFL...    no one wants that...   so the team offers a "white lie".    It's pretty common in the NFL with the rules in place to protect  players.