TKnight24

Colts Minicamp 6/13/2018

Seems like same story, different year for Chester Rogers. Always losing important practice time. Was thinking he might finally get his chance to bust out this year, but that's hard to do when you don't practice.

Deeper throws with a regulation ball... starting to feel more confident by the day

• Like 6

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Deeper throws with a regulation ball... starting to feel more confident by the day

also throwing to moving targets and deeper routes. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

also throwing to moving targets and deeper routes. 

:lombardi: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They asked TY after practice if he's worried about getting enough time in with Luck before the season starts..

'Nah, we're good'...

Lol, love it..

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I'm about to go find a brick wall & run through it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Oh geez. please dont be serious. we're already thin at LB as is

16 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Will the '30 for 30' on Andrew Luck in 15 years be titled "The Duke" or "Sidearm"?

What if I told you that Luck doesn't really run out?  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

What if I told you that Luck doesn't really run out?  

Underrated post right here.

• Like 2

I am hoping Walker is fine. It never mentions anything on what it could possibly be. Doesn't grab for the knee so thats good I guess?

37 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

I am hoping Walker is fine. It never mentions anything on what it could possibly be. Doesn't grab for the knee so thats good I guess?

Was carted off though...never good 

6 minutes ago, Old Colt said:

I agree! Hopefully just precautionary. Trying to stay positive here anyways.

2 hours ago, IinD said:

They asked TY after practice if he's worried about getting enough time in with Luck before the season starts..

'Nah, we're good'...

Lol, love it..

I expect TY and Luck to connect.  The issue is the other receivers besides Doyle.  (Dosett and Moncrief are gone, Chester Rogers had little time prior with Luck.  If Luck is under throwing program with medical/PT team supervision, I doubt he gets secret meetings the the WR group before training camp. Fortunately, he looks to be on target for full go at training camp.  But how much does he play in pre-season games to develop that QB/WR chemistry?

My concern is keeping our starters healthy, even without pads and hitting, injury can occur.

From Zak Keefer: 

Second-year linebacker Anthony Walker, who’s seen plenty of snaps in the last few weeks with the first unit, went down during Wednesday’s practice. He remained on the field for several minutes before being carted off. The injury isn’t expected to be serious but no details were available. Coach Frank Reich did not address the media Wednesday but is set to Thursday.

He also writes about the "puzzling" move of John Simon from linebacker to defensive end: https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2018/06/13/colts-observations-more-andrew-luck-does-john-simon-have-home/690369002/

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I expect TY and Luck to connect.  The issue is the other receivers besides Doyle.  (Dosett and Moncrief are gone, Chester Rogers had little time prior with Luck.  If Luck is under throwing program with medical/PT team supervision, I doubt he gets secret meetings the the WR group before training camp. Fortunately, he looks to be on target for full go at training camp.  But how much does he play in pre-season games to develop that QB/WR chemistry?

My concern is keeping our starters healthy, even without pads and hitting, injury can occur.

Yeah I'm just loving how in tune they are with each other. They've clicked since day one.

I definitely think it won't be as big an issue simply because Luck is so smart. He'll be great in a quick tempo offense. Remember when we did go up tempo in games we were losing in and scored we always wondered, why don't we do that more??

We shouldn't worry about spotty play early on. I think it may be expected. If not, it's a bonus.

If his arm is right, it'll all fall into place.

We were terrible prior to his draft, then he got on board and boom. He's a huge talent we're re-injecting onto the team.

1 hour ago, Fluke_33 said:

You have a great name!

Thanks! I guess it's better than being Stohn Rark or Varence Clerdin. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BeanDiasucci said:

From Zak Keefer: 

Second-year linebacker Anthony Walker, who’s seen plenty of snaps in the last few weeks with the first unit, went down during Wednesday’s practice. He remained on the field for several minutes before being carted off. The injury isn’t expected to be serious but no details were available. Coach Frank Reich did not address the media Wednesday but is set to Thursday.

He also writes about the "puzzling" move of John Simon from linebacker to defensive end: https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2018/06/13/colts-observations-more-andrew-luck-does-john-simon-have-home/690369002/

Carted off but they don't think it's serious?

I noticed that Doyel said, in his article about Luck & the coaching staff, that Haeg has been slotted in as 4th string...  Is that good (we’ve got a lot of great young talent on the OL) or bad (Haeg has regressed and is/was never that good to begin with)?  Do you guys think he’ll make the final roster and how do you guys feel if he doesn’t?

9 hours ago, Old Colt said:

I mean if i was him I'd be carted off with anything from lower body or even shoulder. Basically cramp or rolled ankle or back (not bad just a land hard on it) if i could but then again I may just be a lazy 20 year old

9 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

I noticed that Doyel said, in his article about Luck & the coaching staff, that Haeg has been slotted in as 4th string...  Is that good (we’ve got a lot of great young talent on the OL) or bad (Haeg has regressed and is/was never that good to begin with)?  Do you guys think he’ll make the final roster and how do you guys feel if he doesn’t?

Hopefully Haeg is 4th string because everyone ahead of him is that much better. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

It's good.  I never thought he was that good to begin with.  If Doyel knows he's 4th string I don't see how he makes the team.  Same for Clarke.  I read somewhere where another players is listed ahead of Clarke as the backup tackle either side.   IMO this is great news for the Colts.  It shows that we might be on the road to putting together a real strong and deeper OL. 

19 hours ago, csmopar said:

I felt it a few weeks ago he’d be good to go. Like you I’m glad he is pain free and throwing. 

• Like 1