Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Minicamp 6/13/2018

TKnight24

10 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

I noticed that Doyel said, in his article about Luck & the coaching staff, that Haeg has been slotted in as 4th string...  Is that good (we’ve got a lot of great young talent on the OL) or bad (Haeg has regressed and is/was never that good to begin with)?  Do you guys think he’ll make the final roster and how do you guys feel if he doesn’t?

I think irsay's comments on haeg as a young backup that is versatile enough to play any position on the line, indicates they are looking at him to be a big part of this offensive line depth going forward. He needs a nice competitive camp, but should be on the roster.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I think irsay's comments on haeg as a young backup that is versatile enough to play any position on the line, indicates they are looking at him to be a big part of this offensive line depth going forward. He needs a nice competitive camp, but should be on the roster.

We shall see.  But if he's really listed as 4th string thats a lot of people to get over even as a backup.  The fact they are trying him at center seems like a desperation move to see if he can find a spot.  Being versatile is good.  But you need  more than versatility to stay on a team.   You at least have to hold up in real competition.  He has struggled with that part of his game. 

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

It's good.  I never thought he was that good to begin with.  If Doyel knows he's 4th string I don't see how he makes the team.  Same for Clarke.  I read somewhere where another players is listed ahead of Clarke as the backup tackle either side.   IMO this is great news for the Colts.  It shows that we might be on the road to putting together a real strong and deeper OL. 

I don't think Doyel knows what he is talking about.  From the OTA reports haeg was the primary back-up at all 5 OL positions.

Now, I'm not as big a fan of Haeg as many on this forum, but you don't have a 4th string guy as the primary backup at all positions.  A guy like that is too valuable to the game day roster.

43 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

We shall see.  But if he's really listed as 4th string thats a lot of people to get over even as a backup.  The fact they are trying him at center seems like a desperation move to see if he can find a spot.  Being versatile is good.  But you need  more than versatility to stay on a team.   You at least have to hold up in real competition.  He has struggled with that part of his game. 

He was the emergency center last year.   They didn't just start working him at center this year.

1 hour ago, krunk said:

He was the emergency center last year.   They didn't just start working him at center this year.

I thought Bond got hurt and that's why he started to work there.  i think last year was his first time trying the center position but I don't remember him playing there in a game.   Maybe he did.  

1 hour ago, krunk said:

Huh?

After Kelly went down the team turned to Bond.   And when he went down the team then turned to Person (who we didn't bring back). 

Where/when was Haeg working at Center last year when we had three other guys in front of him?

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Huh?

After Kelly went down the team turned to Bond.   And when he went down the team then turned to Person (who we didn't bring back). 

Where/when was Haeg working at Center last year when we had three other guys in front of him?

I guess you miss Haegs comments on the subject.  Do your homework as I did.

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Huh?

Here's a little article to help you out:

For Haeg, the offseason has been about teaching a young dog – he’s 25 – new tricks. His experience at center amounts to infrequent reps during practice. He was the emergency center last season, and was placed on high alert in week 4 at Seattle when rookie Deyshawn Bond – starting in place of the injured Kelly – suffered a season-ending quadriceps injury on the second play of the game. Adam Redmond stepped in and finished the game

http://cbs4indy.com/2018/06/05/colts-joe-haeg-remains-offensive-lines-interchangeable-part/

It's not the original article where he himself spoke on it but none the less

21 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I thought Bond got hurt and that's why he started to work there.  i think last year was his first time trying the center position but I don't remember him playing there in a game.   Maybe he did.  

My point was they have been grooming him there some prior to this season just for emergency purposes.  So it's not a total shot in the dark for him.

11 minutes ago, krunk said:

I guess you miss Haegs comments on the subject.  Do your homework as I did.

I appreciate the OTHER post you made to me in the thread.    But I do NOT appreciate this post.

My post to you was NOT personal.   Your post to me WAS.   And it was not necessary.

This website has a delete button for moments like this.   I seriously suggest you learn how to use it. 

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I appreciate the OTHER post you made to me in the thread.    But I do NOT appreciate this post.

My post to you was NOT personal.   Your post to me WAS.   And it was not necessary.

This website has a delete button for moments like this.   I seriously suggest you learn how to use it. 

Oh please!   You came guns blazing and now you hate this little post.  You still my dude but you got a heavy hand sometimes. We'll drop it here and let it go.

14 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

I noticed that Doyel said, in his article about Luck & the coaching staff, that Haeg has been slotted in as 4th string...  Is that good (we’ve got a lot of great young talent on the OL) or bad (Haeg has regressed and is/was never that good to begin with)?  Do you guys think he’ll make the final roster and how do you guys feel if he doesn’t?

I dont think Haeg is bad at all versatile plays well I think at right guard and tackle, learning the center position. Never hurt. I would be shocked if he didn't make the team. 

I dont think Haeg is bad at all versatile plays well I think at right guard and tackle, learning the center position. Never hurt. I would be shocked if he didn't make the team. 

20 minutes ago, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

Not me.  I'm actually expecting it.  They brought in much better talent.  If he already has dropped down to 4th. string the writing is pretty much on the wall.  He needs to have a great camp but there are always injuries so you never know. 

28 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Not me.  I'm actually expecting it.  They brought in much better talent.  If he already has dropped down to 4th. string the writing is pretty much on the wall.  He needs to have a great camp but there are always injuries so you never know. 

I think he stays, Haig is like mold the longer you watch him he just grows on you!