NewColtsFan

PFF Explains how they Grade OL and DL....

A free,  non-premium article.    Designed to explain to everyone,  but especially the doubters how PFF grades both offensive and defensive lineman.

And interesting read.     A little longer than most of the stories I link for you.     But if you're interested in this type of thing, it's worth your time.

Plus,  it's the off-season,  so you might find yourself with a little extra free time!

Enjoy!!     :thmup:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-how-we-grade-offensive-and-defensive-linemen

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

A free,  non-premium article.    Designed to explain to everyone,  but especially the doubters how PFF grades both offensive and defensive lineman.

And interesting read.     A little longer than most of the stories I link for you.     But if you're interested in this type of thing, it's worth your time.

Plus,  it's the off-season,  so you might find yourself with a little extra free time!

Enjoy!!     :thmup:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-how-we-grade-offensive-and-defensive-linemen

Great read. Regarding O.lineman - Assignments are a good way to evaluate a player. One can almost tell by the human eye when a player misses an assignment. Gap Control is gigantic and a great way to measure a player IMO. I am hoping Nelson turns out to be a beast, I think he will. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DaveA1102 said:

Thanks @NewColtsFan, a very interesting read.

Still scares the life out of me that Aaron Donald had a 99.7 rating last year! :woah: Some player.

And that was after skipping training camp! It looks like he will be skipping again this year.

13 minutes ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

And that was after skipping training camp! It looks like he will be skipping again this year.

At some point that will take its toll though, he might even drop to a 99.5 this year! :headspin:

• Haha 1