Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck is throwing a football

Steamboat_Shaun

1 hour ago, Coffeedrinker said:

The comment about the article being misleading was about the mental block about throwing an NFL football.  The article mentions it but states that during his rehab he had a mental block.  The article made it sound like after Tuesday's practice luck had a mental block .... but that is not the case.  It could have been a year ago or 2 weeks ago.  I have a feeling the article (not you) was being purposely misleading.

And I have not seen you post for quite a while, I know you typically don't post much during the offseason, good to have you posting again.

7 minutes ago, Superman said:

It's PFT, so yes.

I just looked at where CBS got the information for their article.  Not only is it from PFT, but it is from the worst "writer/talking head" at PFT, Florio.  The site is actually not bad for information, just don't read the comments below the articles, but Florio is just horrible.  His site would be so much better if he would just stop contributing to it.

The only thing I feel Luck will chance is not fight for that extra yard. I personally feel he should still have the option to run. Just get down before taking a big hit. The offense will be running will require him to release the football earlier. Also needs to quit throwing “dumb” interceptions. The GB game in 2016 comes to mind. That pass he tried to fit into Jack Doyle was very bad. But hey 2-0 against Rodgers 

2 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

The comment about the article being misleading was about the mental block about throwing an NFL football.  The article mentions it but states that during his rehab he had a mental block.  The article made it sound like after Tuesday's practice luck had a mental block .... but that is not the case.  It could have been a year ago or 2 weeks ago.  I have a feeling the article (not you) was being purposely misleading.

And I have not seen you post for quite a while, I know you typically don't post much during the offseason, good to have you posting again.

Thanks for kind words, had time , saw 2 topics i love Luck & old colts ,, time thats free is rare we shall see if I post or not 

1 issue being once i post often get drawn into many a long topic and time gets eaten up needed elsewhere,home  PT, Drs Etc

20 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Welcome back bayone.

Just read a few of the latest post in this thread. About Luck admitting he had a bit of a mental block didn't Irsay say last year something like it's in between his ears or something? Don't really remember the exact quote or context.

Yes, I remember Dungy reporting it off air on the Dan Patrick show, commercial break but still on a hot mic-

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jim-irsay-told-tony-dungy-that-andrew-lucks-injury-is-inside-his-head/

Most all athletes have some trepidation about their repaired/rehabbed part(s) when asked to ramp up the workload to high [performance levels.  Most of the time, the athlete gets over/pas * fairly quickly.

1 hour ago, a06cc said:

The only thing I feel Luck will chance is not fight for that extra yard. I personally feel he should still have the option to run. Just get down before taking a big hit. The offense will be running will require him to release the football earlier. Also needs to quit throwing “dumb” interceptions. The GB game in 2016 comes to mind. That pass he tried to fit into Jack Doyle was very bad. But hey 2-0 against Rodgers 

He might well be able to do it... in non-dire situations.  I wonder what Luck will do is different scenarios.  I'll create just one for muse over-

4th quarter,  1:48 remaining, ball on Colts 41, and it is 3rd and 7 and clock running.  Colts down by 5...

Luck drops back, scans his progressions.  Rush is getting past their blocks and no receiver has broken free from their defender.  Luck pulls the ball back in and scrambles, he crosses the LOS and makes a move(s) to get to the 1st down line.  Meanwhile. a LB and a safety make a bee line toward him to prevent the 1st down and look to be able to stop him short.  Does Luck slide 2-3 yards early going to 4th down and 2 or 3 with the clock running, or does he try to evade the tackle(s) and get the 1st down?  That's the proof in the pudding, IMHO.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2018 at 1:00 PM, lollygagger8 said:

giphy.gif

Yep, that pretty much encapsulates where my mindset is at too Lolly. LOL!

On 6/12/2018 at 1:15 PM, NorthernBlue said:

THATS MY QUARTERBACK.

This is the only time I will  ever agree with anything a Dallas QB ever said. Chewy is back baby. Book it!

Yeah I know WR Terrell Owens said it regarding Tony Romo. I just don't want Cowboy contamination to tarnish Luck long term moving forward. haha

• Like 1

On 6/12/2018 at 8:06 PM, MTC said:

Nice music selection BTW MTC.

On 6/12/2018 at 6:13 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Great news but I was really never worried so to me this isnt really surprising. I guess the media can rank us 31st now instead of 32nd :funny:

Truer words were never spoken more accurately or eloquently CBE.

On 6/12/2018 at 7:19 PM, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

Good news!

Always nice to see a reply from RR7.

On 6/14/2018 at 2:47 PM, bayone said:

Hate to say this but I quote 

Luck was not actually throwing a regulation football. He was throwing a high school football. And he told Pro Football Talk's PFT Live that he had a "mental block" to throwing a real NFL football. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/andrew-luck-says-he-had-a-little-mental-block-throwing-a-regulation-football/ 

Give him time, hes just easing back and is making sure no setbacks

Holy moly man! Barry is Back! S-W-E-E-T!!! All is right with the world again. I missed ya. Welcome back bro!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2