Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck is throwing a football

Steamboat_Shaun

2 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Where are all the haters now?  I am glad he's back throwing!  He's going to be one of the most motivated players in the league this year!

They'll be around to see/hope Luck has soreness in his shoulder.  If he is fine with no setbacks they will fade away never to be seen again, as usual.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

He threw a Duke 2-3 weeks ago. (get past the mental aspect/block) 

He is throwing Monday - Wednesday, and Friday {it mimics Wed-Fri and Sunday schedule he will have during the season} with the TDS 1205.  So he will not throw this upcoming Thursday .

He has some soreness, but not like last year. Then, it was pain.. no pain this year.

• Like 1

Per www.nfl.com:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000936847/article/andrew-luck-throws-footballs-during-colts-minicamp

"It was known that Luck had thrown weighted balls, and coach Frank Reich said at March's Spring League Meeting that Luck had started throwing small-sized footballs.

Luck confirmed to reporters Tuesday that he threw a regulation-sized ball a few weeks ago.

"I've thrown a real football. The Duke. I've picked it up and I've thrown it and it felt great."

55 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

They'll be around to see/hope Luck has soreness in his shoulder.  If he is fine with no setbacks they will fade away never to be seen again, as usual.

He already said he hasn't had any pain like last year...which is very encouraging. Does seem like he has bit of a ways to go...but I am excited that he now has a throwing schedule that will mimic practice weeks. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Superman said:

College ball is wider around the middle. And it's not The Duke, so, a technicality. 

Edit: I just fact checked this, I guess there is no size difference. I always felt the NCAA ball is wider than the NFL ball, but it seems they're both supposed to be 7 inches. 

Thats what she said

Thrilled to be wrong on this. Let's see if he throws all 3 days or if he's still on an every other day routine. 

I would think he doesnt go from 0 to 60 right away.  Maybe every other day unless he only throws 10 or so for 10 yards like today.

but, any way you losok at it, its GREAT news.

Anyone catch that interview?

Loved it. Andrew sounded po'd and is ready to show those who forgot how good he is.

Wasn't much, I just liked how he said, when we go, we go hard, you don't see it but we go hard. No soreness, I'm ready for more.

• Like 2

Thrilled to be wrong on this. Let's see if he throws all 3 days or if he's still on an every other day routine. 

Same here. I have been burned in the past. Regardless, I definitely didn't think he would start throwing this early in the summer after everything that was said recently.

I am very interested to see how he is doing after following the M/W/F schedule for a couple of weeks. If they get past that, it seems like there is a good chance he could be a full-go for TC.

We all want guarantees but no one knows for sure if he’ll stay healthy, the rest of his career.

Bottom line is; he is doing what he supposed to do and should be okay but football is a funny sport and one hit could end his season- no different than any other player. I’m hoping (and believing) the best: that Andrew Luck will be better than before and lead the Colts to multiple SB victories. 

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

You mean we're better than the Browns again? :rock:

Browns might actually be decent this year. I can see them winning 5 games or so. That would be a huge improvement compared to winning 0. Regarding Andrew, I really havent been worried ever since I seen what kind of shape he was in a couple of months ago. He looked like his oldself. Last season he looked thin and weak. He seemed depressed as well. He's been very upbeat for a while this time around. I still have no doubt he will start Week 1. Been saying it for a while. Where I am a little worried is when he takes hits in real time game action. 

• Like 1

Hypothetical if he starts in Game 1 and stays healthy, we can definitely go 9-7 and make the Playoffs as a WildCard. At this point I will take that after missing the Playoffs 3 straight years. He will be rusty for 2 or 3 weeks but we play the Bengals here on opening day so we should win that game regardless to start 1-0, you would think so anyway LOL

23 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Browns might actually be decent this year. I can see them winning 5 games or so. That would be a huge improvement compared to winning 0. Regarding Andrew, I really havent been worried ever since I seen what kind of shape he was in a couple of months ago. He looked like his oldself. Last season he looked thin and weak. He seemed depressed as well. He's been very upbeat for a while this time around. I still have no doubt he will start Week 1. Been saying it for a while. Where I am a little worried is when he takes hits in real time game action. 

He should definitely start week 1 at this point, barring any setbacks. I think we'll know by the beginning of the season if he can take a sack, and at the very least, play without any pain anymore. 9-7 record with a wildcard is what I'm thinking as well. Luck will be back to his old self by the end of the season, and the two questions will be 1.) Were we good enough to make the playoffs? 2.) If we did, can we beat a playoff caliber team based on how good the team currently is and if Luck is back to 100%?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IinD said:

Anyone catch that interview?

Loved it. Andrew sounded po'd and is ready to show those who forgot how good he is.

Wasn't much, I just liked how he said, when we go, we go hard, you don't see it but we go hard. No soreness, I'm ready for more.

Actually, he said he has had / does sometimes have soreness.  It is manageable. What he stressed, this year he has no pain!  That is what he had last year.  Very different, soreness and pain.

2 hours ago, shastamasta said:

Same here. I have been burned in the past. Regardless, I definitely didn't think he would start throwing this early in the summer after everything that was said recently.

I am very interested to see how he is doing after following the M/W/F schedule for a couple of weeks. If they get past that, it seems like there is a good chance he could be a full-go for TC.

He looks on pace, but he has to increase his # of reps, and distance/velocity gradually all the way up to leading into training camp.  Then he has to get #1 reps with receivers for timing and throw dynamically (moving around the pocket, different launch points/arm angles, off back foot, etc...) with unfamiliar receivers (except T.Y. and Doyle, right?).

It's good news, and worth rooting him on.

6 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

He should definitely start week 1 at this point, barring any setbacks. I think we'll know by the beginning of the season if he can take a sack and at the very least, play without any pain anymore. 9-7 record with a wildcard is what I'm thinking as well. Luck will be back to his old self by the end of the season, and the two questions will be 1.) Were we good enough to make the playoffs? 2.) If we did, can we beat a playoff caliber team based on how good the team currently is and if Luck is back to 100%?

I think making the Playoffs is probable with a healthy Andrew Luck because IMO I think our Defense will be better than last years as well. Not sure how Good Houston will be? Jacks will probably win the Division. It will be tough to win a Playoff game though. I think if we do squeeze into Playoffs this season, next season is when we become a threat in the Playoffs. After 1 more Draft and Free Agency, we should be Good to Very Good in the 2019 Season. The Patriots window is closing too, they have this season but after that Brady just keeps aging.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think making the Playoffs is probable with a healthy Andrew Luck because IMO I think our Defense will be better than last years as well. Not sure how Good Houston will be? Jacks will probably win the Division. It will be tough to win a Playoff game though. I think if we do squeeze into Playoffs this season, next season is when we become a threat in the Playoffs. After 1 more Draft and Free Agency, we should be Good to Very Good in the 2019 Season. The Patriots window is closing too, they have this season but after that Brady just keeps aging.

I think next year we'll definitely be more aggressive in FA. The draft should be pretty solid as well since we still have an extra 2nd rounder from the trade down, and the Jets shouldn't be too good this year even if Darnold gets playing time. The Pats might not even make the SB this year. Brady is 41 when the season starts, so he's on limited time. The decline could start this season. We just have to hope these two draft classes that Ballard has drafted work out this year and Luck gets back to 100%. If both of those happen, we are on the fast track to success.

• Like 1

YAWN, wake me up when it’s a regulation size ball & no limitations.  Hold off on those Season Tix unless your a river boat gambler Son.  Fool me once, shame on You but fool me twice, nice try Irsay!  Hope this is it but...

13 minutes ago, NDcolt said:

YAWN, wake me up when it’s a regulation size ball & no limitations.  Hold off on those Season Tix unless your a river boat gambler Son.  Fool me once, shame on You but fool me twice, nice try Irsay!  Hope this is it but...

He’s been throwing them for about 3 weeks to Reggie. Watch his interview and look at Reggie’s twitter account.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

For this coming season, I don't care about won loss record.  I'm looking to see how quickly Luck gets rid of the ball as a matter of offensive scheme, and how the Oline blocks for that scheme.  And defense, I'd like to see the LBs and safeties stop a crossing route with a pass defense or at least a quick tackle.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, DougDew said:

For this coming season, I don't care about won loss record.  I'm looking to see how quickly Luck gets rid of the ball as a matter of offensive scheme, and how the Oline blocks for that scheme.  And defense, I'd like to see the LBs and safeties stop a crossing route with a pass defense or at least a quick tackle.

Really like this.