Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck is throwing a football

Steamboat_Shaun

9 minutes ago, PhillyCOLTSfan said:

That sneaky Andrew he been throwing this whole time lol

just not the ball named The Duke... 

3 minutes ago, Pelt said:

Meh, his spiral was kind of wobbly... :peek:

(Now if you'll excuse me, I need to clean the urine out of my drawers...)

um, that's not urine... 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Superman said:

Thrilled to be wrong on this. Let's see if he throws all 3 days or if he's still on an every other day routine. 

43 minutes ago, Superman said:

He said he hasn't thrown The Duke. Has he been throwing the college ball all this time?

This is great news.  His projection to be at training camp with no governor (restrictions) seems on pace now.  He appears to be on a throwing program of sorts, with a distance limit and pitch count. Question is, how long has he been on it, how far along is he, and how long before he's completely cleared for full live 11 on 11 drills or scrimmage work? We'll know more at training camp.  As long as he doesn't encounter any more serious problems (I'm sure he'll have minor things to work through/overcome) until then, It looks really good for the Colts right now.  Quite pleased and my cautiously optimistic outlook has changed to just optimistic now.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

This is great news.  His projection to be at training camp with no governor (restrictions) seems on pace now.  He appears to be on a throwing program of sorts, with a distance limit and pitch count. Question is, how long has he been on it, how far along is he, and how long before he's completely cleared for full live 11 on 11 drills or scrimmage work? We'll know more at training camp.  As long as he doesn't encounter any more serious problems (I'm sure he'll have minor things to work through/overcome) until then, It looks really good for the Colts right now.  Quite pleased and my cautiously optimistic outlook has changed to just optimistic now.

He's supposed to speak with the media after practice, so hopefully that'll provide some clarity on his timeline moving forward.

44 minutes ago, ColtsGermany said:

Just made a little dance. My girlfriend didn't understand.....i couldn't resist.... I'm so excited! Let's hope he will keep on throwing some consecutive days. 

Might be a little early for long stretches of consecutive days.  From what he did (reported) he performed at a phase I level of an interval throwing program.  Weight training is supposed to be done on throwing days as well, and there is typically a day off between each throwing session; for rest and flexibility.

"The unit has a grueling campaign that inches closer daily. I shall be ready."

So if he doesn't throw in consecutive days for the time being, don't everyone freak out please.

{EDIT:} We also do not know all that goes on behind those closed doors. Hopefully it is even better news than they shared with us today.

1 hour ago, Superman said:

College ball is wider around the middle. And it's not The Duke, so, a technicality. 

Edit: I just fact checked this, I guess there is no size difference. I always felt the NCAA ball is wider than the NFL ball, but it seems they're both supposed to be 7 inches. 

Except for Brady's which are slightly smaller. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

He's supposed to speak with the media after practice, so hopefully that'll provide some clarity on his timeline moving forward.

True, but I expect him to be vague.  However, his actions (limited amount of soft toss) and tweet already hinted IMHO-

"The unit has a grueling campaign that inches closer daily."

Stay on pace Andrew...

From here-

636644077788886354-luck-throwing.jpg

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p/wilson-tds-traditional-leather-official-football-16wiluwlsnlthrftbftb/16wiluwlsnlthrftbftb

to here-

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p/wilson-nfl-the-duke-official-football-16wilunflgmbllffcftb/16wilunflgmbllffcftb?camp=CSE:DSG_pg46515_ecom_PLA_452&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1PPAhfHO2wIVUCSBCh06yQAkEAQYAiABEgJlHfD_BwE

Get home from NJ Motor Vehicle Inspection ( passed...….YES !!!) (feels good ) . Click on ESPN website and first headline on their site ? …… Andrew Luck is throwing !!!!!!!   Been a real good day today...…….GO ANDREW LUCK     GO COLTS !!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Superman said:

College ball is wider around the middle. And it's not The Duke, so, a technicality. 

Edit: I just fact checked this, I guess there is no size difference. I always felt the NCAA ball is wider than the NFL ball, but it seems they're both supposed to be 7 inches. 

I suppose the NFL balls would appear to be smaller if you only watched Patriot games...            :)

• Like 1

The ball he threw is actually a high school football-

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p/wilson-tds-traditional-leather-official-football-16wiluwlsnlthrftbftb/16wiluwlsnlthrftbftb

636644077788886354-luck-throwing.jpg

They come in different sizes:

SIZE CHART FOR FOOTBALLS:

Official (Size 9): Approved for High School, Collegiate and Pro Level

Youth (Size 8): For ages 12 - 14

Junior (Size 7): For ages 10 - 12

Pee Wee (Size 6): For ages 9 and younger

• Thanks 1