Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jim Irsay tweeted today... let's overanalyze & dissect it

Steamboat_Shaun

2 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

So does that make it medium camp?

I dunno.

Sounds reasonable.

What does one expect in a medium camp?

Do they practice on their knees, or hunched over, or only some of them show up?

Maybe they only practice some things?

Mr. Irsay has made way more good decisions in his lifetime, than many people here want to recognize. He's a billionaire team owner and you don't just walk into that territory without making millions of smart decisions.

People chirping about his indiscretions are simply jealous of Jim and couldn't make it to the billionaire status if they started with $999,000,000.

Good luck to you and your negative opinions of our owner. He is a strong family man who is secure enough to engage cynical fans on twitter.

Go Colts and Mr. Irsay in hoping the big mini-camp is competitive and productive for the team. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, sreeb2deeni said:

Mr. Irsay has made way more good decisions in his lifetime, than many people here want to recognize. He's a billionaire team owner and you don't just walk into that territory without making millions of smart decisions.

People chirping about his indiscretions are simply jealous of Jim and couldn't make it to the billionaire status if they started with $999,000,000.

Good luck to you and your negative opinions of our owner. He is a strong family man who is secure enough to engage cynical fans on twitter.

Go Colts and Mr. Irsay in hoping the big mini-camp is competitive and productive for the team. 

While I agree with a lot of this, I don't think Jim Irsay is a billionaire (I could be wrong though, he doesn't discuss his finances with me).  I do know he is one of the few owners in the league who's primary money making venture is the football team.

But to the rest... yeah, there are a lot of people in this world who only feel good when they can put someone else down.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I think it means training camp is moving to Wabash College.. Home of the Little Giants.

You're just trying to make me cry.

As it stands now, I could walk to TC for the next 10 years.

I won't, but I could.    :)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

While I agree with a lot of this, I don't think Jim Irsay is a billionaire (I could be wrong though, he doesn't discuss his finances with me).  I do know he is one of the few owners in the league who's primary money making venture is the football team.

But to the rest... yeah, there are a lot of people in this world who only feel good when they can put someone else down.

Irsay has a net worth of $2.7 billion according to Forbes.

https://www.forbes.com/profile/james-irsay/

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, sfergson727 said:

I'm guessing that it is mini-camp week.....and it's big.

He typically doesn't make much of a fuss about mini-camp going into it, that's why this tweet stood out this morning. Usually at mini-camp there's a presser where he addresses the media & takes some questions, but he doesn't normally go out of his way to hype it up. With Andrew Lucks' return on the horizon, this tweet definitely caught my eye more than his usual "Name 3 Colts that have worn #90 & win tickets to a preseason game" tweets do.

14 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

He typically doesn't make much of a fuss about mini-camp going into it, that's why this tweet stood out this morning. Usually at mini-camp there's a presser where he addresses the media & takes some questions, but he doesn't normally go out of his way to hype it up. With Andrew Lucks' return on the horizon, this tweet definitely caught my eye more than his usual "Name 3 Colts that have worn #90 & win tickets to a preseason game" tweets do.

Honestly, I think it's big because it's a whole new coaching staff and a culture change.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, a06cc said:

I have a feeling we finally see Luck throw. I know many have told me not to have high hopes. I just feel it’s time!

And if they told you a Badger made a good hose pet, would you believe them?

Nah! You could be right, and there's nothing wrong with having hopes. It beats the alternative.

4 hours ago, buccolts said:

I dunno.

Sounds reasonable.

What does one expect in a medium camp?

Do they practice on their knees, or hunched over, or only some of them show up?

Maybe they only practice some things?

My guess is they practice in full pads, but there’s still no tackling.

because #CBA

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Bingo!    This!

Winner!   Winner!   Chicken Parm Dinner!

:colts:

Not sure where people on message boards come up with things out of thin air. I speak with experience, that a month or so away from this forum is good for the mind. Think I might take another month off.....

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Not sure where people on message boards come up with things out of thin air. I speak with experience, that a month or so away from this forum is good for the mind. Think I might take another month off.....

Screen_Shot_2018-03-20_at_12.47.23_PM.jp

Don't let us ruin your mental well-being.  Stay away as long as you need.  :thmup:

bye_felicia.jpg

See ya in a month or so!  :highfive2:

23 hours ago, buccolts said:

And if they told you a Badger made a good hose pet, would you believe them?

Nah! You could be right, and there's nothing wrong with having hopes. It beats the alternative.

Well looks like I was right. Now eat crow homie. So I’m going to the pet store to pick up a badger as well! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, a06cc said:

Well looks like I was right. Now eat crow homie. So I’m going to the pet store to pick up a badger as well! 

BTW, my badger comment was meant towards those who'd advised you to remain hopeless, not your gut feeling, so I won't be eating crow.

Good call. And, be careful with that Badger.    :)

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, buccolts said:

BTW, my badger comment was meant towards those who'd advised you to remain hopeless, not your gut feeling, so I won't be eating crow.

Good call. And, be careful with that Badger.    :)

Nah eat crow homie. I don’t wanna hear it.