Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Julian Edelman facing 4 game PED suspension

Mel Kiper's Hair

While agree with the comments in this thread, I did not see this news simply as "NFL star gets busted for PEDs".  I truly thought the whole TB12/Brady/Gronk/TB12 angle would be the source of a long discussion of this news.

IMO, one can't help but question Edelman's self-proclaimed "Mr. Miyagi" (aka Alex Guerrero, aka TB12 trainer, aka Brady's trainer, aka Gronks Trainer) and his philosophies which form the foundation for the "TB12 method" which Brady gives credit for his longevity in the NFL.

16 hours ago, dynasty13 said:

Well that's a bummer!

This has been one pretty awesome offseason so far for the boys in Foxboro...

It doesn't matter, you guys still have this year regarding a window to win it all IMO. You may win it all actually as long as Tom stays healthy and you get HFA again to get to the SB. After this upcoming season it may finally get dicey for you guys but as of now I cant see how the Pats don't go 12-4 or so in 2018.

41 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

While agree with the comments in this thread, I did not see this news simply as "NFL star gets busted for PEDs".  I truly thought the whole TB12/Brady/Gronk/TB12 angle would be the source of a long discussion of this news.

IMO, one can't help but question Edelman's self-proclaimed "Mr. Miyagi" (aka Alex Guerrero, aka TB12 trainer, aka Brady's trainer, aka Gronks Trainer) and his philosophies which form the foundation for the "TB12 method" which Brady gives credit for his longevity in the NFL.

The actions of an individual do not smear all the good that the others have done, IMO. If that were the case, we would be stereotyping everyone based on choice, race, religion etc.

I choose to be open minded. People who want to throw stones will find an excuse to throw stones. I truly believe in TB's natural methods, though I am not a Patriots fan. Those concepts are not new, it just takes a lot of discipline that TB has.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

The actions of an individual do not smear all the good that the others have done, IMO. If that were the case, we would be stereotyping everyone based on choice, race, religion etc.

I choose to be open minded. People who want to throw stones will find an excuse to throw stones. I truly believe in TB's natural methods, though I am not a Patriots fan. Those concepts are not new, it just takes a lot of discipline that TB has.

While your thought/views are refreshing, they are CERTAINLY NOT SHARED BY MOST WHO ARE NOT FANS OF THE PATRIOTS.

Any time the Patriots and/or one of their players has faced any speculation that a rule may have been broken, the angry mob rises with rampant stories & speculation about the "Patriots". 

On this board, I actually saw a number of posters speculating that Chubb's pre-draft injury was, somehow, related to BB and his dislike for the Colts (who some felt were targeting Chubb) in the draft.

Just really different from most of the other discussion that is out there on the subject....

To my point, just take AQL at the same thread from the Bills forum....

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/206232-patriots-wr-julian-edelman-facing-a-four-game-suspension-for-ped-violation/

Apparently, the substance  that was found in Edelman's sample was 'unrecognizable'.  I'm sure they are re-testing, and looking deeper into breaking down the compounds to categorize it.  Until then, he can't be suspended for something that isn't on the 'banned' list.  At this specific moment today,  I think he wins the appeal or it will be taken to court. A diluted test, or missed test? Yes, apply a penalty.  Not this.

I just checked with Dr. Chao... he seems to agree.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/profootballdoc/sd-sp-pfd-edelman-suspension-test-unrecognizable-patriots-0612-story.html

I wonder when he will chime in on Luck soft tossing today...

1 hour ago, rock8591 said:

99% of athletes are on something.

if a scrawny short guy like him is on it, then the likes of Vince Wilfork are definitely on it.

They will break it down further and see if there are recognizable components.  If there are and they are on the list, suspension stands. Otherwise...

On 6/8/2018 at 9:54 AM, Reality Check said:

While your thought/views are refreshing, they are CERTAINLY NOT SHARED BY MOST WHO ARE NOT FANS OF THE PATRIOTS.

Any time the Patriots and/or one of their players has faced any speculation that a rule may have been broken, the angry mob rises with rampant stories & speculation about the "Patriots". 

On this board, I actually saw a number of posters speculating that Chubb's pre-draft injury was, somehow, related to BB and his dislike for the Colts (who some felt were targeting Chubb) in the draft.

Just really different from most of the other discussion that is out there on the subject....

To my point, just take AQL at the same thread from the Bills forum....

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/206232-patriots-wr-julian-edelman-facing-a-four-game-suspension-for-ped-violation/

Most I think are tongue and cheek on this board although after the MCD backing out at the last second after Kraft convinced him I’m sure there is bad blood. From the one Bills fan on this board I can only imagine those other Bills fans are similar and the Pats are way way deep in their heads lol! This isn’t a big deal to me. It happens to all teams. When guys get older like same thing with Robert Mathis they look for ways to stay up with the youngsters...heal faster and get back on the field. I don’t know anything about Edelman’s place with the TB12 stuff but I’m sure it would hurt their rep some. Maybe Tom may have to cut bait with him as a sponsor or whatever..could effect friendship or not. Didn’t Pats have a line backer fail a test as well last year? Still not a big deal but if more happened then there might be something to get worked up over.