csmopar

Luck close to throwing: Reich

http://www.tribtown.com/2018/06/07/fbn-colts-luck/

By MICHAEL MAROT -

6/7/18 2:05 PM

INDIANAPOLIS — Indianapolis Colts coach Frank Reich says Andrew Luck is getting close to start throwing a football.

Luck did not work out with his teammates on the final day of offseason workouts and is not expected to begin throwing until after next week’s three-day minicamp ends. He’s still recovering from surgery in January 2017 for a partially torn labrum in his right shoulder.

Luck started throwing last October but was shut down after two weeks because of lingering soreness. The Colts have said he hasn’t thrown a football since.

But Reich is optimistic the starting quarterback will return soon. He says Luck is “real close” and will have a “big voice” in when he does start throwing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Luck is almost fixin to get ready to get close to getting ready to throw a regulation football really soon in the not so distant future. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Luck is getting close to throwing? So soon, Wow! Quick healer. Lol

Let's hope it's true and no setbacks when he does start throwing the 'Duke'.

• Like 3

I’m a weird mix of gloomy pessimism and joy that this nightmare is almost over. haha   Sooooon.

Time to scrap Colts Forged. New motto?   Soon.

Man, getting tired of hearing how close Andrew Luck is to throwing footballs. Seems like every week or so there's a snippit about him being close. I hope when he's throwing footballs, there's video proof so we can all watch in amazement. 

• Thanks 1

They've said for months that he will start throwing somewhere after OTA's and before training camp.

Ya'll are just being dramatic

:rantoff:

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

Man, getting tired of hearing how close Andrew Luck is to throwing footballs. Seems like every week or so there's a snippit about him being close. I hope when he's throwing footballs, there's video proof so we can all watch in amazement. 

He’s been close since he got back from Europe.   

16 minutes ago, IndyD4U said:

They've said for months that he will start throwing somewhere after OTA's and before training camp.

Ya'll are just being dramatic

:rantoff:

Today is the last day of OTAs I believe. When does training camp start? Not sure if I saw the dates yet. 

18 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

He’s been close since he got back from Europe.   

He got back from Europe at the end of December. Then did some more rehab in Cali afterwards. I think I remember Luck saying he's still not feeling all the way there even after returning from Europe. So That was almost 6 months ago now.

I have no clue, but I hope that's what happens and there's no setbacks (which is what this is going to come down to).

7 minutes ago, King Colt said:

I read Luck almost won the lottery.

You need hooked on phonics then. 

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

really?

5 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

you sure?

4 minutes ago, King Colt said:

really?

you sure?

Yeah,   pretty sure

3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Yeah,   pretty sure

interesting how you follow me, is it love?

I heard Jeff Rickard and Pat Kirwan talk recently. It was hinted Luck had a total reboot of rehab, and is not a guarantee for playing game one of the 2018 season, but they really hope he will be, or shortly after at worst.   People, once he 'throws the /Duke' he still has a lot to get through.  He'll probably be on a pitch count and maybe rest days in the beginning while they monitor for soreness/issues.  They'll ramp it up slowly as he progresses without incident.  It appears to me he will not throw until after mandatory minicamp June 12-14.  When he gets to 7 on 7 and 11 0n 11 drills, that's when the rubber meets the road.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, a06cc said:

I think we see him throw next week.

Don't hold your breath. During his last presser, he said he didn't intend to throw publicly during the offseason program. I'm not sure why it's news every time someone asks the same question that we already know the answer to...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, a06cc said:

I think we see him throw next week.

Agree its sooner rather than later. Probably been tennis balls or something. Bionic arms take some tweaking yall, patience has been a theme for some time. 

7 minutes ago, Superman said:

Don't hold your breath. During his last presser, he said he didn't intend to throw publicly during the offseason program. I'm not sure why it's news every time someone asks the same question that we already know the answer to...

Lately he has also been showing himself off in public. I have hope for a slim chance. 

30 minutes ago, a06cc said:

Lately he has also been showing himself off in public. I have hope for a slim chance. 

Hopes are good.

Just don’t get them too high. Superman is right, IMHO. Luck won’t throw until after minicamp. When? Who knows. We still need to be patient, even after he does throw. He still has a lot of work ahead of him.

• Thanks 1

Bottom line an injured player missed a season.  Happens all the time........

Oh wow! Golly jee wizz! I can hardly contain my excitement.

I just hope Brissett takes advantage of all the first team reps and is ready to play.

I gotta see it.....with my own eyes before I can get excited.

• Like 1

Lazy reporting.  Running a story from last year and just changing the coaches name?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, Superman said:

It's news because there is nothing else going on right now. Other than the Eagles vs the President and TO skipping his HOF induction there just isn't much to report right now. They even mentioned it on NFL Live yesterday. It is just a slow time for NFL news.

Wake me when he actually throws a football....he's been close before and after 18 months, I don't care if he's close....just that he can actually do it at an NFL QB level.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

Luck is going to be fine all this done and gloom?!:facepalm:

Guessing lots of people thought the same thing a year ago....how’d that work out?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, icf said:

Guessing lots of people thought the same thing a year ago....how’d that work out?

Don't forget Luck said he rushed it last year and will not do that again. 

20 minutes ago, icf said:

I didn't I have had the same surgery twice takes a year to recover! Those who have not had the surgery and began to throw wouldn't know. He will be great this year! That's how it will work out!

I know we have heard this before and all but in the pics I have seen of him lately the dude looks buff!  So he is obviously able to get in the weight room and throw up some poundage!  That makes me rather optimistic about his return.

I’m just curious to see how “close” we can get. We’ve gotta be pushing the physical boundaries of possibility at this point. If we get any closer we’ll be behind it. 

Almost 17 months into a recovery that should have taken no longer that 9 months, and still not throwing a football. This defies everything experts say about how long it should take to recover from labrum surgery, especially a less severe tear, as was reported to be the case for Luck. Makes no sense. 

However, it DOES sense if there is damage to his shoulder that was NOT repaired, such as a torn biceps tendon. This would explain why inflammation appeared as soon as he started throwing a football last year. The labrum was fine. But the unrepaired biceps tendon was not. And as soon as it was exposed to to significant stress, inflammation appeared.

Trust evidence, not words.

• Like 1