Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck close to throwing: Reich

csmopar

http://www.tribtown.com/2018/06/07/fbn-colts-luck/

By MICHAEL MAROT -

6/7/18 2:05 PM

INDIANAPOLIS — Indianapolis Colts coach Frank Reich says Andrew Luck is getting close to start throwing a football.

Luck did not work out with his teammates on the final day of offseason workouts and is not expected to begin throwing until after next week’s three-day minicamp ends. He’s still recovering from surgery in January 2017 for a partially torn labrum in his right shoulder.

Luck started throwing last October but was shut down after two weeks because of lingering soreness. The Colts have said he hasn’t thrown a football since.

But Reich is optimistic the starting quarterback will return soon. He says Luck is “real close” and will have a “big voice” in when he does start throwing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Man, getting tired of hearing how close Andrew Luck is to throwing footballs. Seems like every week or so there's a snippit about him being close. I hope when he's throwing footballs, there's video proof so we can all watch in amazement. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

Man, getting tired of hearing how close Andrew Luck is to throwing footballs. Seems like every week or so there's a snippit about him being close. I hope when he's throwing footballs, there's video proof so we can all watch in amazement. 

He’s been close since he got back from Europe.   

16 minutes ago, IndyD4U said:

They've said for months that he will start throwing somewhere after OTA's and before training camp.

Ya'll are just being dramatic

:rantoff:

Today is the last day of OTAs I believe. When does training camp start? Not sure if I saw the dates yet. 

18 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

He’s been close since he got back from Europe.   

He got back from Europe at the end of December. Then did some more rehab in Cali afterwards. I think I remember Luck saying he's still not feeling all the way there even after returning from Europe. So That was almost 6 months ago now.

I heard Jeff Rickard and Pat Kirwan talk recently. It was hinted Luck had a total reboot of rehab, and is not a guarantee for playing game one of the 2018 season, but they really hope he will be, or shortly after at worst.   People, once he 'throws the /Duke' he still has a lot to get through.  He'll probably be on a pitch count and maybe rest days in the beginning while they monitor for soreness/issues.  They'll ramp it up slowly as he progresses without incident.  It appears to me he will not throw until after mandatory minicamp June 12-14.  When he gets to 7 on 7 and 11 0n 11 drills, that's when the rubber meets the road.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, a06cc said:

I think we see him throw next week.

Don't hold your breath. During his last presser, he said he didn't intend to throw publicly during the offseason program. I'm not sure why it's news every time someone asks the same question that we already know the answer to...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Superman said:

Don't hold your breath. During his last presser, he said he didn't intend to throw publicly during the offseason program. I'm not sure why it's news every time someone asks the same question that we already know the answer to...

Lately he has also been showing himself off in public. I have hope for a slim chance. 

30 minutes ago, a06cc said:

Lately he has also been showing himself off in public. I have hope for a slim chance. 

Hopes are good.

Just don’t get them too high. Superman is right, IMHO. Luck won’t throw until after minicamp. When? Who knows. We still need to be patient, even after he does throw. He still has a lot of work ahead of him.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Superman said:

It's news because there is nothing else going on right now. Other than the Eagles vs the President and TO skipping his HOF induction there just isn't much to report right now. They even mentioned it on NFL Live yesterday. It is just a slow time for NFL news.

20 minutes ago, icf said:

Guessing lots of people thought the same thing a year ago....how’d that work out?

I didn't I have had the same surgery twice takes a year to recover! Those who have not had the surgery and began to throw wouldn't know. He will be great this year! That's how it will work out!

Almost 17 months into a recovery that should have taken no longer that 9 months, and still not throwing a football. This defies everything experts say about how long it should take to recover from labrum surgery, especially a less severe tear, as was reported to be the case for Luck. Makes no sense. 

However, it DOES sense if there is damage to his shoulder that was NOT repaired, such as a torn biceps tendon. This would explain why inflammation appeared as soon as he started throwing a football last year. The labrum was fine. But the unrepaired biceps tendon was not. And as soon as it was exposed to to significant stress, inflammation appeared.

Trust evidence, not words.

• Like 1