Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

RIP Dwight Clark

PrincetonTiger

Rest in Peace, Dwight Clark

ALS is such a horrible, debilitating disease. Clark died relatively early in the disease, probably for the better. No one with ALS ever gets better. Many people live many years unable to move, talk, eat or even breathe without a breathing machine, but their mind is still intact. It is like being trapped in your own body. It is awful. And it seems that there is a greater prevalence of ALS in football players. 

My condolences to his family and his fans.

I want to see that movie. 

• Like 6

10 hours ago, NFLfan said:

ALS is such a horrible, debilitating disease. Clark died relatively early in the disease, probably for the better. No one with ALS ever gets better. Many people live many years unable to move, talk, eat or even breathe without a breathing machine, but their mind is still intact. It is like being trapped in your own body. It is awful. And it seems that there is a greater prevalence of ALS in football players. 

Well said, RIP Dwight Clark.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NFLfan said:

ALS is such a horrible, debilitating disease. Clark died relatively early in the disease, probably for the better. No one with ALS ever gets better. Many people live many years unable to move, talk, eat or even breathe without a breathing machine, but their mind is still intact. It is like being trapped in your own body. It is awful.

And it seems that there is a greater prevalence of ALS in football players. 

Condolences to his family, and all ever involved with Dwight (and there were so many!)

@NFLfan this might explain some of the reasons  (ALS and CTE)

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/research-uncovers-new-link-between-head-trauma-cte-and-als-1.3760399#_gus&_gucid=&_gup=twitter&_gsc=2pJDrFV

http://www.raredr.com/news/cte-and-als-connection

• Like 1

I know that a couple of years ago, the ice bucket challenge was very big.  Here in Australia we have a former AFL player Neale Daniher who was diagnosed with ASL a few years ago.  The AFL community rally around Neale over the Queen's Birthday weekend (this weekend), raising money for research. On Monday at the MCG game between Collingwood and Melbourne they have a large fundraiser centred around the 'big freeze challenge', where a number of well know people slide down a slide into a pool full of ice.  This year every head coach in the League (including the coaches of Collingwood and Melbourne) will be taking part--it's great fun for all, and the funds raised go directly to MND research.

• Like 3

Over $2.5m was raised on the day, with the Federal Government putting in an extra $2m.

As for the game, Collingwood (the team everyone hates) won easily with Mason Cox ( a product of Oklahoma State) being amongst the best on ground--I think he has a brother who played WR for the Raiders a couple of years ago

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now