csmopar

Players rumored to be considering a "strike" of sorts

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

Remember he was the guy that brought up Peyton Manning's Tennessee incident and bashing Peyton after he won the SB because almost everyone was calling Cam Newton a cry baby and a poor sport. He also is a white guy pretending to be black which has been proven. He basically backs anything up when it comes to Minorities. If that gives you an idea. I read his Tweet and no way are 25% of the players sitting out until Kaepernick gets signed LOL. I don't see anyone doing that, one they wont get paid and 2 it would make whoever sits out really look bad.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The NFL just donated $90 million to the NFLPA's social justice fund.

Nobody's going on strike

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How long are we going to keep talking about Colin Kaepernick? It's funny because we talk about how Luck will be out of form when he returns, but can you imagine how out of form Kaepernick will be!? Practice and the weight room will only get you so far.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If players are not sitting out of OTAs which are voluntary, then they're not going to sit out mandatory practice and risk HUGE fines daily.

 

Just not happening.

 

But the players union IS terrible and the players are being represented badly.  They don't have an internal form of communication?    That seems impossible?!?

 

I don't see a problem with the reporter.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Remember he was the guy that brought up Peyton Manning's Tennessee incident and bashing Peyton after he won the SB because almost everyone was calling Cam Newton a cry baby and a poor sport. He also is a white guy pretending to be black which has been proven. He basically backs anything up when it comes to Minorities. If that gives you an idea.

 

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don't see a problem with the reporter.

 

Shaun King brings up good points about race inequality fairly frequently, and he's usually not wrong, BUT if someone is profiting from their stance, no matter what side they choose on any issue, I have to take what they say with a grain of salt.

 

He's been known to go a little over-the-top before he has all the pertinent information.

 

But that doesn't mean he doesn't bring up valid points as a journalist.  I don't know.  I'd have to defer to @NewColtsFan on this one.  I don't have the requisite experience to discuss this with confidence...

 

:dunno:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

 

 

Shaun King brings up good points about race inequality fairly frequently, and he's usually not wrong, BUT if someone is profiting from their stance, no matter what side they choose on any issue, I have to take what they say with a grain of salt.

 

He's been known to go a little over-the-top before he has all the pertinent information.

 

But that doesn't mean he doesn't bring up valid points as a journalist.  I don't know.  I'd have to defer to @NewColtsFan on this one.  I don't have the requisite experience to discuss this with confidence...

 

:dunno:

He is an activist more than a journalist 

   He started out as a HS Civics teacher and pastor

 

   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

 

 

Shaun King brings up good points about race inequality fairly frequently, and he's usually not wrong, BUT if someone is profiting from their stance, no matter what side they choose on any issue, I have to take what they say with a grain of salt.

 

He's been known to go a little over-the-top before he has all the pertinent information.

 

But that doesn't mean he doesn't bring up valid points as a journalist.  I don't know.  I'd have to defer to @NewColtsFan on this one.  I don't have the requisite experience to discuss this with confidence...

 

:dunno:

It's not a debate to me, a lot of reporters bring up valid points about inequality - King does as well. I was just explaining to csmopar who the guy was and a little about his background because he had no idea who he was and what he stands for.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's not a debate to me, a lot of reporters bring up valid points about inequality - King does as well. I was just explaining to csmopar who the guy was and a little about his background because he had no idea who he was and what he stands for.

  You just explained the resume for every pundit out there

 

 

     I don’t always understand or agree with what he says but admire him for his guts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Remember he was the guy that brought up Peyton Manning's Tennessee incident and bashing Peyton after he won the SB because almost everyone was calling Cam Newton a cry baby and a poor sport. He also is a white guy pretending to be black which has been proven. He basically backs anything up when it comes to Minorities. If that gives you an idea. I read his Tweet and no way are 25% of the players sitting out until Kaepernick gets signed LOL. I don't see anyone doing that, one they wont get paid and 2 it would make whoever sits out really look bad.

Ahh I knew the name rung a bell but I couldnt remember. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, csmopar said:

 

I doubt 25% would sit out, I doubt 1% would sit out.  If they did, that's fine, but it is also fine if their employers decided to fire them.

 

As far as Shaun King goes from what I have seen he is not a reputable person and a poor example of a journalist.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, csmopar said:

Shaun King is a SJW on twitter (aka - "slacktivist").  Other than painting the internet with his words, opinions, ramblings, etc... I have not seen/heard what he actually DOES to combat social injustices and inequalities.  Have you?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

How long are we going to keep talking about Colin Kaepernick? It's funny because we talk about how Luck will be out of form when he returns, but can you imagine how out of form Kaepernick will be!? Practice and the weight room will only get you so far.

^^This^^

 

I would even add that, if Kaepernick loves football & wants to play so badly, why wont he go to Canada to prove himself.  As much of a clown as Manziel has been, he is willing to take this path to prove he is worthy of the NFL. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cynjin said:

 

I doubt 25% would sit out, I doubt 1% would sit out.  If they did, that's fine, but it is also fine if their employers decided to fire them.

 

As far as Shaun King goes from what I have seen he is not a reputable person and a poor example of a journalist.

There may be one or two players who sit out the season in protest, but no one is going to care for more than a few days. It'll be "next man up" and on with the show. These guys might not all be qualified for Mensa, but it doesn't take much of an understanding of advanced math to realize that they're walking away from their only real shot at making more money than they'll ever see again. Pffft! 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He could always do what Johnnie Manziel did, Try out for Canadian Football. Then he wouldn't have the anthem as why he's not in the NFL, if he really wants to play football. Been plenty of players that did that. If he lights up their league, I'm sure he could come back to the NFL, at some point. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Reality Check said:

^^This^^

 

I would even add that, if Kaepernick loves football & wants to play so badly, why wont he go to Canada to prove himself.  As much of a clown as Manziel has been, he is willing to take this path to prove he is worthy of the NFL. 

I was thinking the same thing lol you beat me to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2018 at 9:06 AM, oldunclemark said:

The NFL just donated $90 million to the NFLPA's social justice fund.

Nobody's going on strike

Gotta love extortion!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • One, there is no such thing as a white lie.  Either it's a lie or it's a truth, IMO.  But anyway.   it very well could be the team is being creative with their wording to try and protect themselves, or it could be completely truthful.  I've seen it in my own non contact practices... someone runs to get in position, pulls up right then someone trips or cuts or jukes right then and the person that pulls up gets caught in it gets knocked to the ground and slams their head off the turf.
    • I’m not saying the eagles are a monster but they’ve been built through the draft and bringing in young talent. That “monster” I speak of is what we are doing bring in competitive competition to build and feed of each other like the eagles did .... the eagles weren’t the best team in the play offs nor in the SB .... plus they didn’t have their starting QB but because of what they had built and brought in they were a monster and thus my reference ..... wether they win 1-2 more doesn’t matter IMO .... they’ve built there team right and made the right calls/players like I believe CB, and our staff can, is and will do.
    • Well if he is worried about his health, he is bashing a Belichick 3rd rounder
    • Offense:  Me (center) Defense: My son (OLB)   I don't think we'd help the team at all but it would be so cool to play for the Colts and be the only father/son tandem in the NFL.
    • Somebody already created this thread, and my answers were...   DE Joey Bosa  RB Saquon Barkley
  • Members