Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck at the Indy 500

IndyD4U

I saw him on race day.  It was cool to see him just being another guy at Indiana’s biggest sporting event.  Something Peyton Manning could have never done because he was such a huge celebrity.  Luck came ridding into the speedway and went through the gate just like all the other fans.  

8 minutes ago, TheMose said:

only hole I'm seeing is RT. 4 out of 5 is a damn good line in my eyes. and we have starter quality players available for the RT position

I worry about Castonzo & Haeg (& Mewhort staying healthly), but i think your analysis of 4 of 5 is close for sure.  I'm crossing my fingers that those two are going to be above average for 2018-2019.

LT74Castonzo, Anthony 11/165Burwell, Tyreek SF1762Clark, Le'Raven 16/3

LG56Nelson, Quenton 18/164Glowinski, Mark W/Sea67Vujnovich, Jeremy SF16

C78Kelly, Ryan 16/169Bond, Deyshawn CF17

RG75Mewhort, Jack 14/268SLAUSON, MATT U/LAC72Smith, Braden 18/273

LG Haeg, Joe 16/5

27 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

I worry about Castonzo & Haeg (& Mewhort staying healthly), but i think your analysis of 4 of 5 is close for sure.  I'm crossing my fingers that those two are going to be above average for 2018-2019.

LT74Castonzo, Anthony 11/165Burwell, Tyreek SF1762Clark, Le'Raven 16/3

LG56Nelson, Quenton 18/164Glowinski, Mark W/Sea67Vujnovich, Jeremy SF16

C78Kelly, Ryan 16/169Bond, Deyshawn CF17

RG75Mewhort, Jack 14/268SLAUSON, MATT U/LAC72Smith, Braden 18/273

LG Haeg, Joe 16/5

I don't share your concern about AC. He has been consistently above average. And having Nelson next to him improves him even more. I think Smith and Mewhort will be the right side, I just don't know who gets what role. I'm leaning more towards Smith as tackle

3 minutes ago, TheMose said:

I don't share your concern about AC. He has been consistently above average. And having Nelson next to him improves him even more. I think Smith and Mewhort will be the right side, I just don't know who gets what role. I'm leaning more towards Smith as tackle

we need guards to be able to get out and down the line.  Vunevich whiffed last year on being able to do that (and others)..gotta have guys who can

1 minute ago, chrisfarley said:

we need guards to be able to get out and down the line.  Vunevich whiffed last year on being able to do that (and others)..gotta have guys who can

I love the versatility of our linemen. All have experience in other positions. And the depth is also very nice. I'm more hopeful about this group than I have been in a very long time. 

4 minutes ago, TheMose said:

I love the versatility of our linemen. All have experience in other positions. And the depth is also very nice. I'm more hopeful about this group than I have been in a very long time. 

i love your enthusiasm and hopefulness.  glass half full is needed right now.  thx

1 minute ago, chrisfarley said:

i love your enthusiasm and hopefulness.  glass half full is needed right now.  thx

I appreciate it. I always love a friendly discussion. After all, we are all on the same side! Go Colts!

3 hours ago, TheMose said:

only hole I'm seeing is RT. 4 out of 5 is a damn good line in my eyes. and we have starter quality players available for the RT position

Howard has been a pretty solid tackle in this league for a while now and has started 88 out of 92 games.  If all are healthy, I don't know if they have any REAL holes right now.

• Like 1

I know it’s two different injuries but people said Peyton was done, when he missed time with the Broncos and they were wrong.

Luck may have some rust but I’m excited about FINALLY having an Oline in front of him and a good chance of having an improved run game, receiving corps and defense. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, needanoline63 said:

Ya I doubt he hasn’t thrown a football because he hasn’t lol

Imo, Luck could probably start throwing, but the colts don't wanna take any chances. It wouldn't surprise me to hear that luck and the other wrs are together in between the dead time after mini camp and before TC