Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Broncos turned down several offers to stay pat and draft Bradley Chubb, including one from the Colts

Would have rather had Chubb, but I'm super happy with Nelson. He's gonna be great. 

Also, the flavor of this story likely depends on who you ask. Colts sources after the draft said the Colts called and felt the Broncos price was too high; this story says the Broncos wouldn't consider moving down. Don't know which is true, might be a combination of both, and we'll most likely never know the details of the conversation.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I am not sure what to believe when it might have come from Elway's mouth. Had Cleveland not been stupid (IMO) Chubb would not have been there.

I agree with you. Cleveland passing on Chubb? Did us a big favor. Nelson is and will prove to be an outstanding addition to the Colts. Might not have been there otherwise. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’d argue that Nelson has the much higher upside over Chubb so I’m good with landing Nelson. Chubb I see as a player who will make a few pro bowls as a nice complimentary peice to Von Miller. Nelson I see as the pillar of our OL and a multi All-Pro guard. 

• Like 1

Ballard said he got wind that Cleveland was taking Ward the night before the draft. If he really wanted Chubb, Cleveland was the team to call, not Denver. Colts would get Chubb, Denver would take the trade and Cleveland would still get Ward. Im happy with how things worked out. I feel Nelson is much safer. Also I'm not sure Denver's 3-4 scheme maximizes Chubb's skillset but im sure he'll be fine for them.

• Like 2