Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Which Player is on your OTA/Training Camp Radar?

TheMose

Who are you guys most interested to hear about and see? I'd say mine are Marlon Mack, Quincy Wilson, and Darius Leonard. And of course I am excited to see Quentin Nelson maul some defenders but without pads and contact, it's pointless right now.

The corners. Genuinely speaking, I have no idea how the position group as a whole will do next year. Maybe Wilson turns into a stud, Hairston proves last year was no fluke, Desir builds off his strong performance and the Corner group becomes a strength. Or maybe the opposite, and by seasons end we’re all screaming for a corner early in next years draft. I wouldn’t be surprised with any scenario to be honest and am excited to see it unfold.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Four2itus said:

Wilkens

My gut says that he will end up with the most carries

He a bit bigger than the other RBs outside of Turbin

He averaged 6.5 yards per carry in the SEC

He seems to have speed, power, and you can see his vision (he gets to open areas quickly)

He also has very few miles on the tires

• Like 3

Andrew Luck... I think a lot of fears will be laid to rest once we see Luck under center throwing the football and running the Offense.  Until that happens everything else is a moot point in my book to a certain extent.

I am actually very interested to see this new Defense.  We have a lot of young players that are fitting into a new scheme that with the right game planning could be exciting to watch. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, MAJHooligan said:

Andrew Luck... I think a lot of fears will be laid to rest once we see Luck under center throwing the football and running the Offense.  Until that happens everything else is a moot point in my book to a certain extent.

I am actually very interested to see this new Defense.  We have a lot of young players that are fitting into a new scheme that with the right game planning could be exciting to watch. 

My thoughts almost exactly.  The only change I’d make is to your last sentence.  

To me, the new defense is going to be scary to watch.  It’s going to take a while to get all the pieces right and working together.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

To me, the new defense is going to be scary to watch.  It’s going to take a while to get all the pieces right and working together.  

I am less apprehensive about the parts working right due to the 4-3 base D being the most basic D that everyone has played since PeeWee league football. But I do share the concern about everything working together on that end right now. Chemistry is most important, and until we see them working together its going to be a concern

• Like 2

I want to hear about Wilson flashing...

I want to hear about Turay whooping AC's butt. 

I want to hear about Darius Leonard(he's still not practicing and still hasn't signed his contract)

Some of the UDFAs - Skai Moore, Tomasi Laulile... 

The new WRs... all of them. I'd love to see how that group shakes out and who wins snaps come pre-season. 

• Like 1

I would say the guy who isn’t throwing yet stilll. I don’t think anyone understands the severity of the situation here. His arm is gonna he super tender and sensitive going into training camp, even going into the season. All it can take is one hit on that shoulder and that’s it, no one realizes that

14 minutes ago, needanoline63 said:

I would say the guy who isn’t throwing yet stilll. I don’t think anyone understands the severity of the situation here. His arm is gonna he super tender and sensitive going into training camp, even going into the season. All it can take is one hit on that shoulder and that’s it, no one realizes that

Ummm.... I am pretty sure the medical staff and trainers in the Colts organization know a bit more about that situation than you do, my friend.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

My thoughts almost exactly.  The only change I’d make is to your last sentence.  

I agree it will be scary at times but with that comes excitement to see the players come together and hopefully develop into something that terrorizes opposing offenses.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, needanoline63 said:

I think your a bit paranoid. Anybody in this game  is one hit away from being over. Andrew has been throwing just not footballs. I don't think soreness is going to be a big deal at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I’ll go with an under the radar guy in Robert Jackson. With how consistently our CBs have gone down in the past during the season, we could really use a guy like him to step up.

I liked some of the things I saw on tape from him.  Still need to see him in person to cover a few of the doubts I have though.

• Like 1

I'm also very interested to see the O-line lineup when everybody is on the field. I can't remember the last time we had so many (capable) options. Curious to see who starts at RT and RG. Center and the left side are basically locked

6 hours ago, MAJHooligan said:

Ummm.... I am pretty sure the medical staff and trainers in the Colts organization know a bit more about that situation than you do, my friend.

Doesn’t take a genius to notice all it takes is one hit. I’m not your friend, buddy.

7 hours ago, needanoline63 said:

:HFire::HFire::HFire::HFire:

Boy I know I did not understand the severity of the situation here.  No one realizes that?  How could no one realize that!  That's horrible... one hit on that shoulder and that's it?  Are you sure? Just one hit?  I think we need to alert the papers, alert the team, alert the NFL.

Or maybe everyone realizes it and they also realize that all players are one hit away from having to walk away from the game and people said the same thing about Peyton Manning after his neck surgery and he took quite a few hits over the next 4 years.  

You can spend time worrying about it if you want.  Me, I have better things to worry about.

2 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

:HFire::HFire::HFire::HFire:

Boy I know I did not understand the severity of the situation here.  No one realizes that?

nope, nobody 

you heard it here first

13 hours ago, csmopar said:

The entire Defense.

Like how we didn’t agree on things in the past. However this year we’ve been on par with things. That being said I’m with you. I can’t wait to see our defense as a whole. The defensive projection truly deserves its own thread. I would like to know how you feel about our new front 7. 

• Like 1

Anthony Walker

Hes the biggest mystery going back to his college days. Exceptional Junior season that had him looking like an early 2nd round pick. Then his senior season he packs on too much muscle and isn’t the same player. Runs a 4.64 at the combine and tests well overall, but ends up falling to the 5th round to us. He gets very little playing time under Pagano but starts the final 2 games.

He is a big part of if we figure out the LB situation. He’s got the athleticism, leadership, and talent. We just haven’t seen much. He could be a starting Mike. I’m really intrigued by what he’ll show since it’s also reported he skimmed down a bit.

• Like 3

I'll throw a wrinkle into this discussion. I like Matthew Adams, the 7th round pick. The guy looks like a player to me. I think he sticks and plays much more than just special teams. Pencil him in as a backup. Or maybe more. 

• Like 1