Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

True or False: Week 2 Edition

Defjamz26

True or False  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Hilton will finish top 10 in receiving yards in 2018

• True
    • False

I voted true.  Great question.  He was 18th last year.  It's a new offense this year and Philly's top receiver was zach ertz who was no 30th last year.  Still, if Luck is good to go at the beginning of the season i think this is a lock.

This one is an easy false. First off, Luck isn't 100% as of yet, and we don't know his status as of now for the regular season. He may not play early, or have to shake off the rust. That will hurt Hilton's performance if either happens. Add to the fact that there will be a lot of mouths to feed in this offense. WR's, TE's, RB's. Hilton will probably get around 1,000 yards and not much more. I don't think Reich will want to depend on Hilton as much as the previous regime, and we don't need too. I'll say Hilton finishes top 25 in receiving yards, but the offense will be much more complete as a whole.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

This one is an easy false. First off, Luck isn't 100% as of yet, and we don't know his status as of now for the regular season. He may not play early, or have to shake off the rust. That will hurt Hilton's performance if either happens. Add to the fact that there will be a lot of mouths to feed in this offense. WR's, TE's, RB's. Hilton will probably get around 1,000 yards and not much more. I don't think Reich will want to depend on Hilton as much as the previous regime, and we don't need too. I'll say Hilton finishes top 25 in receiving yards, but the offense will be much more complete as a whole.

I agree, but regarding Luck, I think it will be more a question about his ability to throw deep which is TY’s signature. I think they will try and keep it to short passes as much as possible to avoid putting stress on Luck’s shoulder. 

• Like 1

I voted yes because:

1. I think we will have a much better running game which will allow more big plays especially on PA throws

2. I'm counting on an improved play calling. 

He will have not as many cathes as the other wr's in the top 10 but his big play ability will do it. 

2 hours ago, Fluke_33 said:

I voted true.  Great question.  He was 18th last year.  It's a new offense this year and Philly's top receiver was zach ertz who was no 30th last year.  Still, if Luck is good to go at the beginning of the season i think this is a lock.

That's a good point and one to consider.  They do like to spread the ball around  Their top 2 WRs had similar yardage (768 and 789).  So I guess if TY is a top 10 will depend on if the Colts have a reliable #2.  If they do then the chance of TY being a top 10 goes down.

It will also be interesting to see what happens to TY's yards per reception in this new offense.  He has a career YPR of 15.8 for the eagles last year Ashlon Jeffrey had the highest YPR at 13.8

• Like 1

Yes:

1. Luck leans heavily on T.Y., just as he did with Wayne at the outset of his career. T.Y will get a lot of looks.

2. There are no proven other receiver options for Luck to go to.

No:

1. Teams will double T.Y. since there are no other receivers to fear.

2. The TE's will play a bigger role in the passing offense

3. The RBs will play a bigger role in the passing offense.

4. Luck will have to get back into the groove of throwing and playing in real games.

26 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

Yes:

1. Luck leans heavily on T.Y., just as he did with Wayne at the outset of his career. T.Y will get a lot of looks.

2. There are no proven other receiver options for Luck to go to.

No:

1. Teams will double T.Y. since there are no other receivers to fear.

2. The TE's will play a bigger role in the passing offense

3. The RBs will play a bigger role in the passing offense.

4. Luck will have to get back into the groove of throwing and playing in real games.

I think it is because of the bolded the TY goes off. If we can chain move with our TE's and the ground game...TY will feast.