Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2018 Colts Road Games

coltsleafs

I'm curious what games other Colts fans are planning on attending this year. I think my GF and I are going to take a week off and do a nice trip to Washington and finish in Philadelphia getting two Colts games in. I'm probably going to do at least one trip to Indy this year as well looking at the October Bills game. Here a link to a site that shows all the colts away games I've been too. https://sites.google.com/site/stadiumsquest/stadiums-map

• Like 3

Living in north Bama, we always try to go to the game in Nashville.   I’ve seen them in Cleveland in the past. 

We usually go up to Indy for two games.  The older I get, the more I appreciate indoor games.  

• Like 2

Just now, DaColts85 said:

Titans to end the year! I wish I could go to more and am jealous of your trip!  Have fun man, two nice cities.

Ya should be fun I think were gonna spend a few nights in Atlantic City too. My original plan this year was Nashville but the schedule kind of squashed that by putting the game at the end of the season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Smonroe said:

Living in north Bama, we always try to go to the game in Nashville.   I’ve seen them in Cleveland in the past. 

We usually go up to Indy for two games.  The older I get, the more I appreciate indoor games.  

Ya after freezing my butt of in Cincinnati last year I said no more cold games lol if I'm going to an outdoor game going to make it early in the season. 

• Like 1

As sports fans know in general, Philadelphia fans in general are obnoxious and mean. For crying out loud, they booed Santa Claus and cheered when WR Michael Irvin broke his neck.

I would think twice before going to that game in Philly. If you end up going, thank them for beating the Patriots! 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Jaredfor3 said:

As sports fans know in general, Philadelphia fans in general are obnoxious and mean. For crying out loud, they booed Santa Claus and cheered when WR Michael Irvin broke his neck.

I would think twice before going to that game in Philly. If you end up going, thank them for beating the Patriots! 

You DEFINITELY don't want to wear your colors in Philly's stadium, and you don't want to be vocal.  You will pay for doing that.  Those fans are probably the least friendly in the league.

Been thinking about going to a couple of games this year, but the timing is always off.  Maybe the Bengals game??

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Jaredfor3 said:

Ya definitely a little worried for Philly I'm not letting my gf wear Colts gear to that one lol 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jaredfor3 said:

17 hours ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

You DEFINITELY don't want to wear your colors in Philly's stadium, and you don't want to be vocal.  You will pay for doing that.  Those fans are probably the least friendly in the league.

Been thinking about going to a couple of games this year, but the timing is always off.  Maybe the Bengals game??

14 minutes ago, coltsleafs said:

Ya definitely a little worried for Philly I'm not letting my gf wear Colts gear to that one lol 

My dad told me to never go to a game in Philly, and if I do, don't wear my gear and DON'T cheer against the Eagles.

Philly fans throw BATTERIES (and not AAA, but D batteries) at their OWN players!!!  Just ask their current HC and former Eagles QB (1999) Doug Pederson:

Doug_Pederson_Eagles_Fans_Batteries.html

"Those big ones," Pederson said. "Those 'D' ones. I was spit at. Beer (thrown at him). But hey, listen, whatever."

That was their STARTING QB... City of Brotherly Love indeed...  :facepalm: 

If I was a player and had to go into Philly, I'd ask the equipment manager to upgrade my pads... "yeah I'm gonna need like, a bullet-proof suit, and... and a SHIELD! Yeah, a shield. You got any vibranium in the equipment room?"

captain-america-shield-smithsonian-museu

But the Eagles did just beat the Pats in the SB, so...  Hats off to Philly for that.   :hat:

22 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

My dad told me to never go to a game in Philly, and if I do, don't wear my gear and DON'T cheer against the Eagles.

Philly fans throw BATTERIES (and not AAA, but D batteries) at their OWN players!!!  Just ask their current HC and former Eagles QB (1999) Doug Pederson:

Doug_Pederson_Eagles_Fans_Batteries.html

"Those big ones," Pederson said. "Those 'D' ones. I was spit at. Beer (thrown at him). But hey, listen, whatever."

That was their STARTING QB... City of Brotherly Love indeed...  :facepalm: 

If I was a player and had to go into Philly, I'd ask the equipment manager to upgrade my pads... "yeah I'm gonna need like, a bullet-proof suit, and... and a SHIELD! Yeah, a shield. You got any vibranium in the equipment room?"

captain-america-shield-smithsonian-museu

But the Eagles did just beat the Pats in the SB, so...  Hats off to Philly for that.   :hat:

Funny stuff but true. I have only went to 1 road game in my life, I have only done mainly home games but been to 40 or so of those in my life. I haven't been to a game since 2013 though when we spanked Houston 25-3 behind Andrew. I even remembered the score :thmup:. I just avoid crowds now days and have everything I need at home. Best game I ever went to was the 4th and 2 game back in 2009 vs the Pats, that was unreal. The road game I went to was in Chicago back in 2004 but I went with 2 guys who weighed around 300 pounds and played O.Line in Highschool Football. I seriously doubt anyone wanted to mess with us and we were talking smack all game as Peyton torched the Bears that day in a stomping. I would've never gone to a Philly game and wear my Peyton jersey, same for a Pats game in NE or a Ravens game in Baltimore.

• Like 1

I've been to a game in Philly, as I live an hour outside of the city.. No doubt there are a handful of drunken, foul-mouthed fans, but for the most part they're ok. It'd be more of the taunts if it were a division rival but you'll be ok. Wear your colors and cheer the Colts and just be cool, don't start anything and you'll be fine. In fact, if you get into a conversation with Eagles fans, mention that you were glad they beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl. That will make things easier. Eagles fans are passionate but their reputation at times is overblown. I know several Eagles fans and have listened to their side of the story. The Santa thing was not what most think. You should read up on it and make your own assessment rather than taking the skewed words of others. Just my 2 cents.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sracolts84 said:

I've been to a game in Philly, as I live an hour outside of the city.. No doubt there are a handful of drunken, foul-mouthed fans, but for the most part they're ok. It'd be more of the taunts if it were a division rival but you'll be ok. Wear your colors and cheer the Colts and just be cool, don't start anything and you'll be fine. In fact, if you get into a conversation with Eagles fans, mention that you were glad they beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl. That will make things easier. Eagles fans are passionate but their reputation at times is overblown. I know several Eagles fans and have listened to their side of the story. The Santa thing was not what most think. You should read up on it and make your own assessment rather than taking the skewed words of others. Just my 2 cents.

Ya I plan to be fully decked out in Colts stuff as usual I survived Oakland which wasn't bad at all just taunts and what not but all friendly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sracolts84 said:

You sure you wouldn't wear a Michael Irvin jersey to a Philly game in Philly and tell them Philly sucks, Cowboys rule :sarcasm:. That would be funny if someone done that :Nuke:

My three buddies meet me in Indy for a game every year.  They wear their favorite teams jerseys, Brown, Bears, and Ravens, while I wear my Colts gear.  

I always try to get Indy fans to rag on them, in a joking manner.  For the most part Colts fans are extremely polite and well mannered.  

I’d say things like “this guy just said Luck is overrated!”, and Colts fans just laugh.  Doesn’t hurt that they’re all big guys, but I think it wouldn’t matter.  

I’ve been to enough games at The Shoe to know that if you’re wearing maze and blue, you’re not going to have a good day.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

My three buddies meet me in Indy for a game every year.  They wear their favorite teams jerseys, Brown, Bears, and Ravens, while I wear my Colts gear.  

I always try to get Indy fans to rag on them, in a joking manner.  For the most part Colts fans are extremely polite and well mannered.  

I’d say things like “this guy just said Luck is overrated!”, and Colts fans just laugh.  Doesn’t hurt that they’re all big guys, but I think it wouldn’t matter.  

I’ve been to enough games at The Shoe to know that if you’re wearing maze and blue, you’re not going to have a good day.  

Yeah our fans are pretty laid back, when I went to the Pats game in 2009 there were a few Pats fans around our area and we took it easy on them. They were pretty cool fans though. I used to go to a couple of Colts home games a year with 3 other friends through the 2000's up to Luck's 1st couple of years after Peyton. Fun times and our fans are laid back. St Elmo is a must too for anyone that goes now :thmup:

• Like 2

On 5/17/2018 at 11:45 AM, coltsleafs said:

I'm curious what games other Colts fans are planning on attending this year. I think my GF and I are going to take a week off and do a nice trip to Washington and finish in Philadelphia getting two Colts games in. I'm probably going to do at least one trip to Indy this year as well looking at the October Bills game. Here a link to a site that shows all the colts away games I've been too. https://sites.google.com/site/stadiumsquest/stadiums-map

Sounds great!   But if you're going to those two games, be sure to actually SEE these cities.   They're GREAT for tourists, especially DC!

Feel free to hit me up with a PM and I can give you all sorts of ideas about what to see and do.

Of course, if American History is not your thing, just go and have a great time! 

• Like 1

I’ve been to the last two bills games in BUF. (And yes, that includes the snowstorm, which I won’t even lie, we left early). Super fun.

Caught that one game against the Rams in 2013 where we got killed like 38-8. I remember my bro said he wanted to go to that one instead of the Seattle game, because he ‘wanted to see us win’. That clearly didn’t end well (we beat Seattle btw).

On 5/17/2018 at 2:03 PM, coltsleafs said:

Ya should be fun I think were gonna spend a few nights in Atlantic City too. My original plan this year was Nashville but the schedule kind of squashed that by putting the game at the end of the season.

The bad news is that the Titans game is on December 30, and that stadium can be unbelievably cold. OK, not Green Bay or Buffalo cold, but miserable in its own way. Or it could be sunny and mid-50s. Check the weather forecast before you buy your tickets. The good news is that either the Colts or the Titans (or both) will probably be so far out of the playoff hunt by then that tickets will be dirt cheap. 

since I live in dallas, every colts game is a road game for me lol. But I plan on going to the game here in Houston, and then going to indy to see them play the cowboys and I will be in florida the weekend they play in JAX so may go to that one also

On 5/18/2018 at 11:46 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Sounds great!   But if you're going to those two games, be sure to actually SEE these cities.   They're GREAT for tourists, especially DC!

Feel free to hit me up with a PM and I can give you all sorts of ideas about what to see and do.

Of course, if American History us not your thing, just go and have a great time! 

I've actually done Washington once before when we played Baltimore in the playoffs a few years back very cool city excited to see more this time for sure. 

On 5/18/2018 at 11:56 PM, NorthernBlue said:

I’ve been to the last two bills games in BUF. (And yes, that includes the snowstorm, which I won’t even lie, we left early). Super fun.

Caught that one game against the Rams in 2013 where we got killed like 38-8. I remember my bro said he wanted to go to that one instead of the Seattle game, because he ‘wanted to see us win’. That clearly didn’t end well (we beat Seattle btw).

Ya I was at the last two games in buffalo too closest  game to me.

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 12:24 PM, Jaredfor3 said:

I went to the Philly game the last time the Colts played there.  That was the game that Austin Collie got carted out on a stretcher.  The things that were getting shouted at him while he was lying on the ground waiting for the stretcher were......well......I don't like to think about them.  At pretty much any other stadium that I have been to, the fans will back off some and show some respect to a seriously injured player.......especially while he is lying on the ground immobilized waiting to be carted off the field.  Not Philly.  They literally add insult to injury.

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 9:17 AM, sracolts84 said:

I've been to a game in Philly, as I live an hour outside of the city.. No doubt there are a handful of drunken, foul-mouthed fans, but for the most part they're ok.

I've been to Colts games in Baltimore, Washington, Philly, New York (well, New Jersey really), and New England.  (One of the benefits of living in the northeast.  Lots of NFL stadiums within day-trip range.)  Philly, in my experience, is a different animal.  You get taunted any time you go to an away game.  That is a given and expected.  At every other stadium that I have been to, the taunting was just good natured ribbing.  Philly was the only stadium where I felt like I needed to watch my back.  Now, nothing ever got out of hand, but it definitely felt less like good natured ribbing and more like a message.  "You are not welcome here, so occupy the seat that you paid for, shut up, and keep to yourself."  With that said, I will probably go again this year if I haven't moved out of state before then.  It wasn't bad enough to keep me away.

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 9:17 AM, sracolts84 said:

Wear your colors and cheer the Colts and just be cool, don't start anything and you'll be fine.

My general rule of thumb at away games is, "Do not escalate the situation."  For the most part, people will be cool but you are bound to have a few *s that try to start something with you.  When that happens, just let it roll off you and don't escalate it.  They generally don't persist if you don't give them the rise that they're looking for.  It's not a home game, so don't act like you're at home.

• Thanks 1

On 5/20/2018 at 10:38 PM, JCPatriot said:

I went to the Philly game the last time the Colts played there.  That was the game that Austin Collie got carted out on a stretcher.  The things that were getting shouted at him while he was lying on the ground waiting for the stretcher were......well......I don't like to think about them.  At pretty much any other stadium that I have been to, the fans will back off some and show some respect to a seriously injured player.......especially while he is lying on the ground immobilized waiting to be carted off the field.  Not Philly.  They literally add insult to injury.

I've been to Colts games in Baltimore, Washington, Philly, New York (well, New Jersey really), and New England.  (One of the benefits of living in the northeast.  Lots of NFL stadiums within day-trip range.)  Philly, in my experience, is a different animal.  You get taunted any time you go to an away game.  That is a given and expected.  At every other stadium that I have been to, the taunting was just good natured ribbing.  Philly was the only stadium where I felt like I needed to watch my back.  Now, nothing ever got out of hand, but it definitely felt less like good natured ribbing and more like a message.  "You are not welcome here, so occupy the seat that you paid for, shut up, and keep to yourself."  With that said, I will probably go again this year if I haven't moved out of state before then.  It wasn't bad enough to keep me away.

My general rule of thumb at away games is, "Do not escalate the situation."  For the most part, people will be cool but you are bound to have a few *s that try to start something with you.  When that happens, just let it roll off you and don't escalate it.  They generally don't persist if you don't give them the rise that they're looking for.  It's not a home game, so don't act like you're at home.

I'm thinking of getting tickets in the family section lol 

Very strong possibility I will be in New York when we play the Jets. If I am..........I will be going to MetLife. So, Jskinnz, Gramz or Schwam, if you are in town I promise not to miss you this time!!!! And GoPats, if you fancy a we trip down to the big apple......

On 5/17/2018 at 2:45 PM, coltsleafs said:

Pretty cool list you have going there. I think I'm at about a dozen NFL stadiums I've been to.

Will definitely catch the local (for me) Jets game. Toss up between Philly and Washington as the second one.

I actually have a family member who has done all MLB stadiums with his brother. I wish I had the chance to do something like that.

24 minutes ago, IinD said:

Pretty cool list you have going there. I think I'm at about a dozen NFL stadiums I've been to.

Will definitely catch the local (for me) Jets game. Toss up between Philly and Washington as the second one.

I actually have a family member who has done all MLB stadiums with his brother. I wish I had the chance to do something like that.

Ya my goal is to go to all nfl stadiums. The tough part is it has to be Colts game so those nfc games that we only go to every 8 years are very important I make sure I do one nfc opponent each year.

On 5/24/2018 at 2:55 AM, braveheartcolt said:

Very strong possibility I will be in New York when we play the Jets. If I am..........I will be going to MetLife. So, Jskinnz, Gramz or Schwam, if you are in town I promise not to miss you this time!!!! And GoPats, if you fancy a we trip down to the big apple......

My two young ones now mean road games are a thing of the past.  I had it so good and then - bam - Kids!

But if you make it to Indy again...

I promise to hand deliver the beer and not leave it with a buddy.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/24/2018 at 2:55 AM, braveheartcolt said:

Have fun!   I won't be making any road games this year, but if you plan to come to a game in Indy, be sure to let me know!   I havn't been on here in awhile, just popped in tonight and saw this message.  :)

As I mentioned in another thread we are coming over in Oct from Scotland for the Jets game in New York and then to the home game v the Bills.

With regards to hostile crowds, I have been to Rangers v Celtic soccer games as well as Scotland v England soccer games so I doubt anything that would be said in the stands would be any worse than I have heard over here.

We are really excited about coming over and having experienced the atmosphere of an NFL game at Wembley in 2016 (Colts v Jaguars) I am sure experiencing the game in USA will be even better.

6 hours ago, kcccolts said:

As I mentioned in another thread we are coming over in Oct from Scotland for the Jets game in New York and then to the home game v the Bills.

With regards to hostile crowds, I have been to Rangers v Celtic soccer games as well as Scotland v England soccer games so I doubt anything that would be said in the stands would be any worse than I have heard over here.

We are really excited about coming over and having experienced the atmosphere of an NFL game at Wembley in 2016 (Colts v Jaguars) I am sure experiencing the game in USA will be even better.

I was in Scotland two years ago and wanted to go to Rangers game but they were in Aberdeen that weekend and I couldn't get tickets was at Colts vs Jags at Wembley the following weekend. I'm also going to be at the Colts vs Bills game in October. 

3 hours ago, coltsleafs said:

I was in Scotland two years ago and wanted to go to Rangers game but they were in Aberdeen that weekend and I couldn't get tickets was at Colts vs Jags at Wembley the following weekend. I'm also going to be at the Colts vs Bills game in October. 

Over the past few seasons Rangers v Aberdeen has been a lot closer then Rangers v Celtic, but the bitter rivalry is still there.

Hopefully you will get to see them next time you are in Scotland.

Not sure about you, but I still rate the game at Wembley as my second favourite sporting event ever (only beaten by seeing Scotland in the France 98 world cup (even though we got beat then as well).

May bump into at The Bills game. I may wear a "see you jimmy hat" to confirm my scottishness (lol)

54 minutes ago, kcccolts said:

Over the past few seasons Rangers v Aberdeen has been a lot closer then Rangers v Celtic, but the bitter rivalry is still there.

Hopefully you will get to see them next time you are in Scotland.

Not sure about you, but I still rate the game at Wembley as my second favourite sporting event ever (only beaten by seeing Scotland in the France 98 world cup (even though we got beat then as well).

May bump into at The Bills game. I may wear a "see you jimmy hat" to confirm my scottishness (lol)

That's awesome I've been waiting all my life to see Scotland in a world cup lol was 8 in 98 and didn't follow soceer at all my first world cup I watched was 2002 

23 hours ago, coltsleafs said:

That's awesome I've been waiting all my life to see Scotland in a world cup lol was 8 in 98 and didn't follow soceer at all my first world cup I watched was 2002 

When I was at the Morocco game I never thought it would be our last for 20 years and counting, I have said to my son (110 that he will probably be 30 ( the age I was when I went to the game) by the next time we qualify.