Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Josina Anderson Tweet

Case

4 minutes ago, DarkSuperman said:

Do they want veteran leadership? Maybe. Hooker definitely isn't playing until the regular season and we have no idea how Geathers is going to look until he gets on the field this year. TJ is another huge question mark. Is she blind?

I think she’s implying Ballard was showing them it’s a competition, and we have choices. 

In other words, we’re choosing, not them.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DarkSuperman said:

Do they want veteran leadership? Maybe. Hooker definitely isn't playing until the regular season and we have no idea how Geathers is going to look until he gets on the field this year. TJ is another huge question mark. Is she blind?

Geathers played in the last 5 games last year.  We already know how he looks, and he looks fine.  Can we get competition for him though, yes!

2 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

So Ballard can see them compete against each other. 

Cmon Josina. 

Theres no "cmon Josina" to say.

She's talked to the guys --- you haven't.

She knows what she's talking about --- we don't.   But clearly what happened is out of the ordinary.    Doesn't make it wrong or illegal, but it's different.   And maybe the guys didn't like it...?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

She knows what she's talking about --- we don't.   But clearly what happened is out of the ordinary.    Doesn't make it wrong or illegal, but it's different.   And maybe the guys didn't like it...?

Or she could have just said what she meant. But since we're thinking, I'm inclined to agree with the others that it was a way to create a little competition. I keep hearing that word.

To be fair though, this is not important in any way. Where do I go to freak out some more about Luck's shoulder. That's always a good time..

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

That's kind of my issue with it. Why tweet something so ambiguously when you've talked to both players and can actually report on something? Is it really so "top secret" that she can't tell us what she learned from the 2 players that she personally interviewed?

• Like 3

Josina seems pretty well connected to the players. Wouldn’t be surprised if one of them wasn’t really happy with it or thought they were being leveraged or something.

That’s really weak of her how she did it though, especially since she was just tweeting that she’d talk about it in NFL Live and then apparently didn’t.

11 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

That's kind of my issue with it. Why tweet something so ambiguously when you've talked to both players and can actually report on something? Is it really so "top secret" that she can't tell us what she learned from the 2 players that she personally interviewed?

I don't know why she didn't share more.

Maybe she's working on a story on Ballard and the Colts and she's saving the scoop for that story.    

I dont know...   but just because she hasn't shared the info yet, it doesn't mean she won't.

I hope some member here Who us on Twitter asks her why she isn't sharing more...     she might just answer!

• Like 1

This is what passes for journalism these days... "I'm gonna make some vague innuendo that shows that I'm in-the-know and privy to information the commonfolk doesn't have, but I won't state what I mean explicitly so as to preserve plausible deniability and so I won't risk my reputation in case I get called out on my nonsense when it turns out my assumptions turned out to be incorrect" 

If you have something to say, say it! If you don't, why say anything? 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DarkSuperman said:

A national reporter like her is not putting out that tweet on something so mundane.  

16 minutes ago, stitches said:

This is what passes for journalism these days... "I'm gonna make some vague innuendo that shows that I'm in-the-know and privy to information the commonfolk doesn't have, but I won't state what I mean explicitly so as to preserve plausible deniability and so I won't risk my reputation in case I get called out on my nonsense when it turns out my assumptions turned out to be incorrect" 

If you have something to say, say it! If you don't, why say anything? 

My reply to her tweet this morning...

ShaunInCO_on_Twitter___“Journalism”…__.jpg

• Like 3

I bet It was interesting because he told them he was planing to sign an un drafted rookie, Cirino, but he wanted to make sure he was looking at all his options.  He told them he respected them as players and he wanted each of them to convince him why he should sign them and then he would make his decision on Wednesday.  That's why he brought them in on the same day, Tuesday. 

6 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

She’s still not leaking the news 

Clayton Geathers traded maybe?

Malik Hooker is safe I’d imagine 

If this is somehow trade related, or anything along those lines, and she was asked to keep a lid on it, then at least it makes sense that she's being vague. But then again, why tweet it at all?

13 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

Twitter took the 140 character limit off

Its like a 200+ limit now. 

5 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

It's less about the character count (which is 280 now), & more about the fact that she clearly has info from talking to Boston & Vaccaro, but isn't willing to disclose it.

Ok, do you expect journalism in 280 characters?

She did say "heard it was very interesting" maybe she is trying to verify before reporting it... you know that thing they teach in journalism.

th?id=OIP.HBQyJ6VnqrncDhgmYjFx6AHaGL&pid

I feel like this is Ballard these last few days. 

I think he's doing a great job, but sometimes I wonder if he's just bringing in these players for a reason other than signing them.  Like he's getting information from them or something.

40 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

It's less about the character count (which is 280 now), & more about the fact that she clearly has info from talking to Boston & Vaccaro, but isn't willing to disclose it.

She isn't willing to disclose it  --- yet.

She isn't willing to disclose it yet.

Which is pretty much what I predicted.

And for some reason, you had to hit her with "journalism ".    

Shaking my head....

46 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

If this is somehow trade related, or anything along those lines, and she was asked to keep a lid on it, then at least it makes sense that she's being vague. But then again, why tweet it at all?

I don’t know. NFL doesn’t make much sense to me anymore these days 

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Shaking my head....

If she’s not willing to disclose yet... maybe don’t drop a teaser tweet. 

• Like 3

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

That's her call....   not ours.

She has her timeline, we gave ours.    Those two timelines often don't match.

Colts.com should be like "We might have important information on Andrew Luck's shoulder...and why Brissett wasn't traded. We heard it was very interesting. #think"

"oh and btw we are not giving you the details ... yet... you just wait... our timeline is different than yours... that's our call" 

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Shaking my head....

My reply was mellow in comparison to some of the others, definitely dumb & immature (not here to deny that), but not "savage" by any means, at least not by Twitter standards.

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

That's her call....   not ours.

She has her timeline, we gave ours.    Those two timelines often don't match.

Correct, but also don’t shake your head at people who have a legitimate opinion that it’s not really journalism but the equivalent of click bait. 

• Like 2

i  have heard and read some of the stuff Josina has to say about the NFL, and IMO she doesn't have a clue what she is talking about most of the time, just throws random gibberish together and calls it a story. Realistically though, both Hooker and Geathers are coming off injuries, TJ Green may not even be on the roster. So if she knew anything about the Colts she would know that it makes perfect sense.

4 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

Correct, but also don’t shake your head at people who have a legitimate opinion that it’s not really journalism but the equivalent of click bait. 

It absolutely is clickbait and attention seeking.

6 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

My reply was mellow in comparison to some of the others, definitely dumb & immature (not here to deny that), but not "savage" by any means, at least not by Twitter standards.

Don't apologize for it. You are absolutely in your right to be annoyed by the unprofessional attention-seeking of what is supposed to be a journalist from a respected media outlet. When you present yourself as a journalist and reporter and you use this specific account in that specific capacity and have all your journalistic credentials in your bio, you cannot expect people to not get annoyed when you clickbait for no good reason and with no information of any substance... only to amp up the anxiety of a fanbase that's been through enough with injuries of its best players. 

13 minutes ago, stitches said:

Colts.com should be like "We might have important information on Andrew Luck's shoulder...and why Brissett wasn't traded. We heard it was very interesting. #think"

"oh and btw we are not giving you the details ... yet... you just wait... our timeline is different than yours... that's our call" 

Thus post makes no sense.   From the first letter of the first word to the last letter of the last word.   No sense at all.

If I didn't know better I would think your account was hacked.    Hope your day gets better.

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Thus post makes no sense.   From the first letter of the first word to the last letter of the last word.   No sense at all.

If I didn't know better I would think your account was hacked.    Hope your day gets better.

OK, exchange Colts.com with Stephen Holder if that fits better. My point is this is unprofessional nonsense. This is one of my biggest pet peeves in modern media. Throwing innuendos and speculations around like it's nothing but then refusing to clarify what exactly you meant... If you have something to say - SAY IT! If you are not ready to clarify your speculations, just don't state them to begin with. What's the value to it? There is zero value to that tweet if you don't share any real information with it... you just ramp up the anxiety of a fanbase for nothing more than attention. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

Welcome to Twitter.   I'm not even on it and I understand it.    

But when people respond to her with "journalism" instead of asking a respectful question then I'm going to shake my head.

Josina Anderson is a responsible journalist.   She's working on something bigger.   She'll reveal her story in her time, not ours.

• Like 2