1959Colts

Colts working out QB Cody Keith

Recommended Posts

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/16/colts-working-out-quarterback-cody-keith/

Quote

 

The Colts will work out free agent quarterback Cody Keith on Thursday, Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports.

Keith played in the Spring League on Johnny Manziel’s team and played well enough to earn some workouts with NFL teams. He also has tried out for the Rams and Chargers.

Keith, who is well traveled, played for Saskatchewan in the CFL last year.

 

 

 

Looks like he was part of the Colts rookie mini-camp  tryouts last week:

https://www.thespringleague.com/2018/05/07/qb-cody-keith-invited-indianapolis-colts-mini-camp/

 

 

Here is all I could find on google:

https://everipedia.org/wiki/cody-keith/

 

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/football/article69307252.html

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6666641586570280064.PNG

 

Next Tom Brady, right there. Get on board or be left behind.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably Andrew will be retiring after the first solid hit that he takes on that shoulder.

I am looking forward to improvement from Brissett and the change to a team approach on offense instead of piling all the load on a QB.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

there goes the season folks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cody Keith is a monster who threw for 6400 yards and 65 touchdowns last season with 3 interceptions.  He also rushed for another 603 yards with 6 ypc and 8 rushing TDs for the East Carolina Pirates.  If he can just get a shot in the preseason, you will all go haywire. . . . . 

 

Wait, who is this guy again? 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was the missing piece we've been waiting for.  Let's go gett em guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This doesn't look promising.....

Quote

To say the 2015 season was a mess at the quarterback position would be putting it lightly. East Carolina had two potential starters – Kurt Benkert and Philip Nelson – unable to play (Benkert due to a torn ACL and Nelson because of ineligibility), and backup Cody Keith also quit the team a week into the season.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For a minute i thought it said Toby Keith.

I thought, "man, Ballard REALLY does leave no stone unturned."

haha

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BREAKING:

 

Andrew Luck has been traded to the Denver Broncos, where many NFL "experts" like Shannon Sharpe believe he will have a revival in his career to win multiple Super Bowls :lombardi:. "The only way to win the Super Bowl is to take a Colts QB" said Broncos GM John Elway earlier today. Luck was traded for Von Miller and a 2019 3rd round pick. Many Colts fans are happy, while some are upset. "I feel like we just gave up on him" said one disappointed Colts fan. "With a legit pass rusher and a nice offensive line and Cody Keith :dunno: about to be our new QB I feel like we can have a chance to compete" said a happy Colts fan. We asked former Colts Head Coach Chuck Pagano how he felt about it and he said;"Chopin' some wood right now, too busy, no comment.":rock: While the future of the Broncos may seem glim I have a HOT TAKE :flaming: , the Colts have a bright future ahead of them...:stir:

 

This is sarcastic news network (SNN), signing out.

 

:sarcasm:

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, compuls1v3 said:

This doesn't look promising.....

 

 

Guy quit on his college team in the middle of the season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

That's a loser then.

 

Well I would certainly want to know if he has a good reason.  

 

There are some good reasons for that.  If his dad suddenly died and he had to take care of his mom or something (perhaps she was disabled) I could see that as a good reason.

 

But if the reason is, I don't like it here or something like that, something he should have just stuck out then I'll pass. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whats wrong with Luck now? You only tryout someone of his caliber if your star qb is clearly lying about his shoulder.

 

Stay woke fam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

 

Well I would certainly want to know if he has a good reason.  

 

There are some good reasons for that.  If his dad suddenly died and he had to take care of his mom or something (perhaps she was disabled) I could see that as a good reason.

 

But if the reason is, I don't like it here or something like that, something he should have just stuck out then I'll pass. 

Yep...must be some really unusual circumstances...like Larry Nasser type stuff or his mom is in the hospital. Oh well...safe to say he is here to throw the ball during camp to our new young receivers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DraftMaster said:

BREAKING:

 

Andrew Luck has been traded to the Denver Broncos, where many NFL "experts" like Shannon Sharpe believe he will have a revival in his career to win multiple Super Bowls :lombardi:. "The only way to win the Super Bowl is to take a Colts QB" said Broncos GM John Elway earlier today. Luck was traded for Von Miller and a 2019 3rd round pick. Many Colts fans are happy, while some are upset. "I feel like we just gave up on him" said one disappointed Colts fan. "With a legit pass rusher and a nice offensive line and Cody Keith :dunno: about to be our new QB I feel like we can have a chance to compete" said a happy Colts fan. We asked former Colts Head Coach Chuck Pagano how he felt about it and he said;"Chopin' some wood right now, too busy, no comment.":rock: While the future of the Broncos may seem glim I have a HOT TAKE :flaming: , the Colts have a bright future ahead of them...:stir:

 

This is sarcastic news network (SNN), signing out.

 

:sarcasm:

I think DM just cracked ESPN's formula. I could so see Trey Wingo saying that word for word on "NFL LIVE." haha

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

For a minute i thought it said Toby Keith.

I thought, "man, Ballard REALLY does leave no stone unturned."

haha

 

I  was thinking the exact same thing WM. "How Do You Like Me Now?!" Ballard drops the mike after he reiterates once again "the rivalry is back on." Just joking! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DraftMaster said:

This is sarcastic news network (SNN), signing out.

Catchy name there DM. If I only had a billion dollars burning a hole in my pocket. 

 

When Jon Gruden gets fired from the Raiders in 5 yrs, he can do TV promos for SNN with that serial killer Chucky gleam in his eye. lmao 

 

That tire ad where he says "must have been my pep talk" is so foolish it's funny. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Malakai432 said:

Cody Keith is a monster who threw for 6400 yards and 65 touchdowns last season with 3 interceptions.  He also rushed for another 603 yards with 6 ypc and 8 rushing TDs for the East Carolina Pirates.  If he can just get a shot in the preseason, you will all go haywire. . . . . 

 

Wait, who is this guy again? 

Beautiful set up man with a zinger punchline. You'd make a great straight man in a comedy duo M-432. 

 

You are just naturally funny dude. You either have that gift or you don't & you definitely have that gift brother. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Catchy name there DM. If I only had a billion dollars burning a hole in my pocket. 

 

When Jon Gruden gets fired from the Raiders in 5 yrs, he can do TV promos for SNN with that serial killer Chucky gleam in his eye. lmao 

 

That tire ad where he says "must have been my pep talk" is so foolish it's funny. 

Thanks SW1, I appreciate your liking of SNN.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Beautiful set up man with a zinger punchline. You'd make a great straight man in a comedy duo M-432. 

 

You are just naturally funny dude. You either have that gift or you don't & you definitely have that gift brother. 

 

Thanks brother!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Malakai432 said:

 

Thanks brother!

No problem man. The funny thing is this: Sarcasm is hard to detect online, but you have a knack for next level humor. I always know when you're goofing around. Either that or you & I are on the same twisted wavelength. LOL! 

 

I enjoy your posts M-432. I may not always give you a like, but you know how to make me laugh. :hat: A must read no matter what. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DraftMaster said:

Thanks SW1, I appreciate your liking of SNN.

It was very creative DM. If I like something you said or came up with, I'll let you know. Praise matters man. That's how I roll bro. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2018 at 8:03 PM, Malakai432 said:

Cody Keith is a monster who threw for 6400 yards and 65 touchdowns last season with 3 interceptions.  He also rushed for another 603 yards with 6 ypc and 8 rushing TDs for the East Carolina Pirates.  If he can just get a shot in the preseason, you will all go haywire. . . . . 

 

Wait, who is this guy again? 

 

We will be talking about him like we did with Stephen Morris once he throws a few Cover 2 beaters. :) 

 

Cody Keith over Brad Kaaya baby!!!

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the reason for working with several QBs is per the comment below take from Colts Wire. This is the first I have heard of the "chip" on Lucks shoulder and I am puzzled as to why this was not found early in his injury examinations.

 

“I think he’s got a little bit of a chip on his shoulder to prove some people and naysayers wrong,” general manager Chris Ballard said on SiriusXM NFL Radio, per Alex Marvez of Sporting News. “That’s a beautiful thing with a quarterback that I think is top five in this league.”

 

:hide:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.