Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hope for Luck to stay healthy

horseshoecrabs

Rebuilding the offensive line and adding depth gives us hope to the recovery of Luck. Since we are rebuilding and have many wholes to fill Naturally it is a process.

But no matter if it's Luck or Jacoby  or any future QB god forbid. But Luck's recovery seems better now on paper now that he hopefully  will get some protection.

We have needed a better offensive line for quite a while. I like the added depth we now have for competition , instead of only project players. It sucks that we can't just plug 

and play players to keep up with our division . 

But in reality we are behind the rest of the pack the pack for now.  I feel optimistic about what we are doing, only time will tell.

I did not like Pagono's  coaching decisions a lot of times but in his defense, I guess he tried to rally the best out of the talent he had. Even though it cost Luck's heath.

I think the current GM and coach recognizes that we need to build a solid foundation now, to be relevant for many years to come.   Go Colts! 

It starts up front, which is why I had ZERO problem with what Ballard did in the draft.  It's not "sexy" and it doesn't generate a "buzz" around the league, but it's COMPLETELY necessary to get him protection up front.  the 2nd thing they are doing is bringing in an offense designed to get the ball out of his hand quicker.  Those 2 things should help keep Luck healthier than he's ever been in Indy.

• Like 3

Manning(s), Brady, Brees, Ryan, and many others managed to stay healthy for  most of their careers.  Not because they had great Olines all the time.

Because they knew how to get rid of the ball. QBs will be hit.  Romo had arguably the best line in the league when he got hurt.  It’s up to them to minimize those occurrences.  

Lets hope Reich gets it through Lucks head to ground the ball if he sees the line break down or a free rusher.  Live to fight another day.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Smonroe said:

'sManning(s), Brady, Brees, Ryan, and many others managed to stay healthy for  most of their careers.  Not because they had great Olines all the time.

Because they knew how to get rid of the ball. QBs will be hit.  Romo had arguably the best line in the league when he got hurt.  It’s up to them to minimize those occurrences.  

Lets hope Reich gets it through Lucks head to ground the ball if he sees the line break down or a free rusher.  Live to fight another day.  

That's what makes the elite Qbs relevant . Learn to not give up the ball or sacks and through it away and learn to try the next play without giving it back on a turn over

3 hours ago, horseshoecrabs said:

Rebuilding the offensive line and adding depth gives us hope to the recovery of Luck. Since we are rebuilding and have many wholes to fill Naturally it is a process.

But no matter if it's Luck or Jacoby  or any future QB god forbid. But Luck's recovery seems better now on paper now that he hopefully  will get some protection.

We have needed a better offensive line for quite a while. I like the added depth we now have for competition , instead of only project players. It sucks that we can't just plug 

But in reality we are behind the rest of the pack the pack for now.  I feel optimistic about what we are doing, only time will tell.

I did not like Pagono's  coaching decisions a lot of times but in his defense, I guess he tried to rally the best out of the talent he had. Even though it cost Luck's heath.

I think the current GM and coach recognizes that we need to build a solid foundation now, to be relevant for many years to come.   Go Colts! 

3 hours ago, horseshoecrabs said:

sorry I meant jacob brisset

43 minutes ago, horseshoecrabs said:

That's what makes the elite Qbs relevant . Learn to not give up the ball or sacks and through it away and learn to try the next play without giving it back on a turn over

I agree although he does want to make the big play down the field and a lot has to do with play calling as well .... arians liked to throw it 50-60 yards down the field which required Luck to take a 5-7 step drop in that time no matter what line U have someone is going to be free to hit you. Now of the scheme has him dumping 10-15 yard passes off to the side and in the middle or bubble it out to the RB if nothing is open with the occasional deep pass I say we are going to see a reimagined Luck who can stay on his feet and the O line will look amazing ... and Mack will be a 1000 yard rusher. 

• Like 1

I am starting to seriously think that Luck watched the Colts in the preseason last year, looked at the play book and how Chudd was developing game plans and told Irsay/Ballard that he was not going to play in 2017 because he knew he'd take a beating in that offensive system.