Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rookie Mini Camp

Scott Pennock

There are some interesting names coming in for a tryout that may be better than some of the UDFA and a couple bottom of the roster guys....

CB Channing Stribling (Michigan) was on our PS last year and his skillset is better suited for our new defense than last year's.

CB Mike Cirino - small school, good ball skills, tested well.

DE Davond Dade - looks good off the edge, lacks strength but seems to use hands well and has counter moves.

FS Mike Basile - another small school guy like Cirino, good ball skills and tested well.

These guys stood out to me based on production and measurables. We'll see come Monday who gets signed and who does not I suppose.

Anybody else see a guy a or two that stick out?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I saw that the IU QB, Richard Lagow, got invited. Even as an IU fan I was kind of surprised. Seemed like more of a nicety than anything though.

Likely just to have someone to throw the ball....as there are no other rookie QB's on the roster.

49 minutes ago, MTC said:

Is the list of participants officially out yet? 

I have not seen an official list yet, just bits and pieces here and there.

13 hours ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I saw that the IU QB, Richard Lagow, got invited. Even as an IU fan I was kind of surprised. Seemed like more of a nicety than anything though.

I'd take Lagow over Barrett all day in the NFL. Lagow didn't really fit IU's uptempo offense. I cringed every time he ran the ball. However, Lagow does have NFL size and arm strength. Watching Lagow and Peyton Ramsey warm up on the sidelines was like watching a father and son play catch in terms of arm strength differences.

Lagow would still be a long shot to make the squad but if the Colts decide to keep three QBs on the roster, I think Lagow will give Kaaya a run for his money.