Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Daily dose of optimism for Andrew Luck's return

Steamboat_Shaun

Just now, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Oh, your QB doesn't look like he's gonna rip someone's head off this coming season? Can't relate.

32207429_10216354691721083_2886563029044

Does this photo count as him throwing as actual size football? haha

He does look to be in very good health. That's our QB!

1 minute ago, DaColts85 said:

I wonder if he is still throwing the smaller footballs or where he stands on easing into throwing regularly.

Can only speculate, but he's definitely doing something behind the scenes that's giving the Colts brass an awful lot of confidence.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

**Me to every other fanbase**

Oh, your QB doesn't look like he's gonna rip someone's head off this coming season? Can't relate.

32207429_10216354691721083_2886563029044

Either Andrew is auditioning for Capt. America or he is doing a TON of work on everything but his throwing. He looks jacked....especially his legs. He may not be able to throw but he hasn't been sitting back drinking Mai Tais. What the heck did they do to him over there in Europe?? Hope no secret serum.....I know who is getting tested first this year. I mean the beard alone has to scream he is on Testosterone right? lol

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Hoose said:

Still makes me nervous. No throwing until July. Wow.

Andrew will have been out of game action for like 18-20 months....one thing for certain he is going to have so rust to work off. I remember when Peyton missed all the pre-season and workouts etc when he had the infection cut out of his knee....it was like Week 8 or 9 before old Peyton came back....I think its safe to assume Luck will experience that as well. His play will get better...its his health that I think we all will be holding our breath for.

1 minute ago, That Guy said:

That first football he throws is going into orbit.

I'm starting to wonder if all this "shoulder injury" nonsense was really just a cover up for a secret, experimental upgrade on that cannon. 

I think there are some shady European doctors hiding in the background of each of his press conferences just smirking and wringing their hands. 

Too funny....and love your sig....very funny as well!!

37 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Comeback player of the year (I hope)!

This and MVP after he has the best damn O-line he’s ever had! He’s going to go off with a new TE, a second year back in Mack and a well improved line to block for him and keep him up! 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Either Andrew is auditioning for Capt. America or he is doing a TON of work on everything but his throwing. He looks jacked....especially his legs. He may not be able to throw but he hasn't been sitting back drinking Mai Tais. What the heck did they do to him over there in Europe?? Hope no secret serum.....I know who is getting tested first this year. I mean the beard alone has to scream he is on Testosterone right? lol

well that picture he looks like post-serum Captain America...last year around this time he looked like pre-serum Steve Rogers.  

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, dgambill said:

i was thinking the same thing. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Don't care when he returns as long as he returns, many good years ahead of him. It is not like the Colts are going to the Super Bowl this coming season if he returns so rest ad take care just as he is doing.

No way. Super Bowl contender or not, he can't just sit out for another entire season. Being away from full-blown NFL football for that amount of time would be really difficult to overcome, plus, that's another year of his prime down the tubes. He needs to play, plain and simple.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

He’s still not throwing. Ballard was on Pro Football Talk this morning and said they are shooting for training camp. 

In TC is when he is "targeted" to start throwing a regular regimen? That is not terrible.

It’s funny how national media spins it that “Luck can’t throw a football yet.”  No, he ISN’T throwing one yet...’cause his rehab program doesn’t call for it.  Why not?  Because he is focusing on strengthening the holy, living he!1 out of his shoulder.  I watched a video on Tom House’s strengthenig methods (a link on Stampede Blue).  Go look at Mariner pitcher Steve Delabar’s story on Youtube if you want to see what this training can do for an athlete...

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

In TC is when he is "targeted" to start throwing a regular regimen? That is not terrible.

My impression from Ballard's and Luck's comments back in March is that the plan is to ramp up throwing in May, and hit training camp with zero restrictions. I can't imagine that they're going to wait until the first day of training camp to find out if he can even throw a football.

21 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

My impression from Ballard's and Luck's comments back in March is that the plan is to ramp up throwing in May, and hit training camp with zero restrictions. I can't imagine that they're going to wait until the first day of training camp to find out if he can even throw a football.

That’s not how I’ve really taken the comments, about ramping up throwing in May. They’ve talked about being in the final part of rehab but that could last a while.

They could be tying to be coy about it, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he attempts to throw before TC, but not soon or anything.

2 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

There was the comment about Ballard on the radio this morning mentioning TC being the target for him to start throwing.  Even if he is waiting once July hits he will have a good amount of time to throw and get snaps in preseason.  Like a lot of snaps in preseason.

14 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

There was the comment about Ballard on the radio this morning mentioning TC being the target for him to start throwing.  Even if he is waiting once July hits he will have a good amount of time to throw and get snaps in preseason.  Like a lot of snaps in preseason.

That is a bit disconcerting. The hope was that he would be full participation by training camp, not just starting his throwing regimen.

Just now, Boiler_Colt said:

That is a bit disconcerting. The hope was that he would be full participation by training camp, not just starting his throwing regimen.

Yea I agree.  I was hoping he would be throwing by now.  At least getting a few tosses in.  Who knows what timeline he has.  Like it was said earlier, he is doing something to get the FO and Coaches fired up that he will be ready.

19 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

That’s not how I’ve taken the comments. It seems like they’re all implying that he’ll start throwing in TC.

Not that I’d be surprised if he attempts to throw before TC, but not by the end of May.

"The plan is for Luck to be throwing on a full-time basis by April or May, and that will be a critical point in the recovery."

That's a small excerpt from this story... https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2018/02/28/chris-ballard-no-doubt-andrew-luck-ready-go/377383002/

I haven't listened to the Ballard interview from this morning yet though, does anyone have a link?