Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Never draft a Georgia Bulldog

Ne-Ca-Higher

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/bears-ipad-among-items-stolen-from-first-round-pick-roquan-smiths-car/

If the reports are correct, Roquan:

1. Left his Bears iPad (playbook) in his car 5 p.m. Friday.

2. Reported 11:45 a.m. Saturday that contents of the car had been stolen.

3. May have left his BMW unlocked according to police.

The Bears remotely wiped his playbook?  How many copies do you think are out there, having had 18 hours to make them?

• Confused 1

something smells fishy with this. Inside job id almost bet. If nothing else why would you have so much stuff of value in a car thats going to be sitting for any amount of time. Some even priceless in a sense.

9 minutes ago, strt182 said:

something smells fishy with this. Inside job id almost bet. If nothing else why would you have so much stuff of value in a car thats going to be sitting for any amount of time. Some even priceless in a sense.

He's a young kid.  They just dont think that far ahead at that age.

"he wasnt thinking" sums it up.

maybe they'll cut him and we can bring him in.

haha

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Notebooks, cell phones, IPads and tablets are ripped off in  cars all the time. People are stupid to leave them in their cars but it is common.

Agreed especially if they are left out in the open.  

items stolen  "four pairs of Bose headphones; Bluetooth speakers; a Kyboe watch; a Michael Kors watch; Nike shoes; and Smith’s Georgia helmet. Three Bulldogs jerseys were also taken: ones worn during the regular season, the Rose Bowl and the national title game." 

if you are coming from the store you take things in with you. If he was loading things in his trunk then somebody probably seen him loading it. 

its a 2018 vehicle it has a keyfob and all it takes is a push of a button to lock the car. 

MOST thieves will only target a car if things of value are in plain view.  However ive seen cars gone through just for a lil bit of change and theres other stuff of value untouched. 

But at the end of the day all this does is show lack of discipline and attention to detail. I get it as i have 3 kids one almost 18. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ne-Ca-Higher said:

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/bears-ipad-among-items-stolen-from-first-round-pick-roquan-smiths-car/

The Bears remotely wiped his playbook?  How many copies do you think are out there, having had 18 hours to make them?

I agree, Georgia players are just horrible! Come on, one boneheaded little mistake doesn’t mean much, I’m sure it was reported as soon as he found out it was missing, and he more than likely feels absolutely horrible about it. I’m sure the IPad has protection systems in place for any events like this, so it’s probably not as horrible as you’re making it seem, and it certainly has nothing to do with not drafting anyone from a whole entire college team. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I'm just wondering If items stolen have to have a certain value before they take 'prints or was it cus hes an athlete that they took them? 

Ive seen several times where cops didnt even bother taking prints. No matter the value

29 minutes ago, strt182 said:

I'm just wondering If items stolen have to have a certain value before they take 'prints or was it cus hes an athlete that they took them? 

Ive seen several times where cops didnt even bother taking prints. No matter the value

This is what makes this an easy inside job. Bruh!

11 hours ago, HectorRoberts said:

Wow I leave my keys in the ignition of my car at all times and never had an issue. But I guess that’s what you get in Chicago...

my car has been broken into in zionsville indiana, it can happen anywhere 

20 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

my car has been broken into in zionsville indiana, it can happen anywhere 

I live in Homecroft In. and I don't even lock my car doors. That way they won't tear the car up breaking into it. I never leave anything of value in it so when they do get into it there is nothing to steal. If they want to steal the car, it being locked wouldn't stop them anyway.

I'm sure the guy that stole it was interested in nothing but pawning it off at a local pawn shop.  I HIGHLY doubt teams send private investigators to follow other players to see if and when they can steal confidential information on other teams.

Second, this is not a reflection on education level.  People forget to lock the doors sometimes.  It happens to the best of us.

38 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Sounds like those Georgia kids have character concerns. An incident like this means he must be prone to making mistakes on the field as well. Definitely makes me question his intelligence. :lol:

Yeah, boy, did we dodge a bullet here, or what?

• Haha 1

Among the items taken?  An Apple iPad containing the full Bears playbook. Fortunately, it was password protected, and promptly remotely wiped clean by the team and then locked.

Also taken were items dear to his heart-

"Listed among the items taken were Smith’s 2017 Georgia football helmet and jersey, his Rose Bowl jersey and his jersey from the College Football Playoff championship game."

The list also includes four pairs of headphones, watches, sunglasses and Nike athletic shoes.

I hope they can locate and retrieve them, but I doubt it.  Sad. :-(

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, buccolts said:

This guy chose a different spin:

Soon to be merged....

Not the best title to get people interested to see the Real Story.  I'm sure Many, not just me, sidestepped this thread because of the title (yes, assumptions of a whiny, lame post loomed in my head).  Maybe a Title alteration is in order??

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Ne-Ca-Higher said:

Slim to none, and slim already left town. Apple has a 6 digit pass code lock. and a limited number of brute force attempts (6?) before it locks up. Then it needs to be erased and restored from iTunes account associated with that device. Also, through iCloud, they can lock it permanent, even if 6 attempts haven't been tried yet.

I'm certain Apple reps gave teams a full set of secure tools for those devices and helped them set them up, just for cases like this.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Slim to none, and slim already left town. Apple has a 6 digit pass code lock. and a limited number of brute force attempts (6?) before it locks up. Then it needs to be erased and restored from iTunes account associated with that device. Also, through iCloud, they can lock it permanent, even if 6 attempts haven't been tried yet.

I'm certain Apple reps gave teams a full set of secure tools for those devices and helped them set them up, just for cases like this.

If its fingerprint protected then i DOUBT any unless its an inside job and we would find out if its an inside job then. If its just a digital passcode there could be some especially if it was an inside job. I'm by no means saying it was an inside job, but i don't leave my phone in a car when i get out of it let alone something IRREPLACEABLE , ie game worn jerseys.

On 5/8/2018 at 1:42 PM, ColtsBlueFL said:

Among the items taken?  An Apple iPad containing the full Bears playbook. Fortunately, it was password protected, and promptly remotely wiped clean by the team and then locked.

Also taken were items dear to his heart-

"Listed among the items taken were Smith’s 2017 Georgia football helmet and jersey, his Rose Bowl jersey and his jersey from the College Football Playoff championship game."

The list also includes four pairs of headphones, watches, sunglasses and Nike athletic shoes.

I hope they can locate and retrieve them, but I doubt it.  Sad. :-(

Any password this Georgia Bulldog could remember would be relatively simple to guess and if it was complicated he probably wrote it down and left it — where else? — taped to his iPad!

On 5/8/2018 at 3:17 PM, ColtsBlueFL said:

The only 6 digit code this kid could remember would be easy to guess (123456, etc) or he wrote it down and taped it to his iPad!

On 5/8/2018 at 3:06 PM, ColtsBlueFL said:

Not the best title to get people interested to see the Real Story.  I'm sure Many, not just me, sidestepped this thread because of the title (yes, assumptions of a whiny, lame post loomed in my head).  Maybe a Title alteration is in order??

You’re not someone of interest to me, and I’m not running contests to see how many likes I get.  From now on, just ignore all of my posts.  That shouldn’t be hard to do.

3 hours ago, Ne-Ca-Higher said:

You’re not someone of interest to me, and I’m not running contests to see how many likes I get.  From now on, just ignore all of my posts.  That shouldn’t be hard to do.

Well, absolutely not.  I am a moderator of this forum, and it is a responsibility of mine to monitor threads for adherence to all forum rules.  Everyone's posts that I come across in reading, or being alerted to via report or PM., including any of yours. I'm not here for a 'like' popularity contest either (the opposite comes with Moderator territory at times).  As long as you abide by the rules, maybe you don't need to have any interest in me. But I have more of an interest in you, thanks to your (well intentioned, I'm sure) directive, of course.

I'm 36. I never leave my truck unlocked but I sure as * forget to grab my keys out of it before locking it a bunch lol! I kept a spare key in my toolbox in my last truck or I would have made either locksmiths or truck window maker people rich. My new truck beeps and blinks if I lock the truck with the keys in the ignition...which I found out not by reading in the owners manual because...ya know lol

On 5/8/2018 at 2:17 PM, ColtsBlueFL said:

A programmer made the software.  A programmer can crack the security. No security is impenetrable! Always keep in mind, anything digital can be digitally stolen...

1 hour ago, life long said:

A programmer made the software.  A programmer can crack the security. No security is impenetrable! Always keep in mind, anything digital can be digitally stolen...

I highly doubt whoever stole these items is a software programmer.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, life long said:

while technically true, Apple's security features, IF IF IF enabled, are some of the toughest to breach.  Matter of fact, the FBI took Apple to court to try and order them to unlock the Iphones of the San Beridino shooting suspects the other year because no one else, including some of the top hackers in the world working for the FBI could break into it. I think a third party was finally able to get in some months later.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, life long said:

4 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I highly doubt whoever stole these items is a software programmer.

Or hacker (whether they are White Hat, Black Hat, or the murky 'Gray Hat' kind). It's highly likely in both cases.  But the crucial element to overcome is time.  It is reported the team is using an Apple iPad (iOS) for the playbook.

I have an Air2 and iP7, and if either gets lost or stolen, I can locate it from an app on the other device and lock it, or completely wipe it, immediately if necessary.  I can also wipe either or both from my laptop should they be lost or stolen together. Each device has a random 6 digit code to enter upon startup, and fingerprint ID to unlock thereafter.  Mine are set up to automatically erase all data after 8 failed passcode attempts. (iOS 11.3.1).

Remember when the FBI was wanting Apple to disable the auto erase feature so they could crack the iPhone(s) from the San Bernadino terror case a couple years ago? Their own hacking division(s) couldn't crack it. After months of begging Apple, and filing a lawsuit, they reportedly paid a 'Gray Hat' hacker around 7 figures for info on an (until then) unknown vulnerability to hack an iPhone 5C running on iOS 9 using 4 digit passcode (which was set up to erase all data after 10 failed attempts). They built hardware within a month to finally break in to that phone using that info. Smith's items are newer, with security even more robust.  I'm sure the data was quite secure and safely wiped, and there will be no digital copies of the Nagy/Helfrich playbook 'out there' to purchase or see.

EDIT: just saw the post above which was posted while I was scripting mine, then got sidetracked.  Now it's redundant.