CR91

Way too early 53 man roster

Recommended Posts

it will be wrong most likely, but lets see if we can predict who will make the 2018 Colts.

 

QB-Luck, Brissett (2)

RB-Mack, Hines, Wilkins, Turbin (4)

WR-Hilton, Grant, Rogers, Fountain, Cain, Ishamel (6)

TE-Doyle, Ebron, Ross (3)

LT- AC, Good (2)

LG-Nelson, Smith (2)

C-Kelly, Slauson (2)

RG-Mewhort, Haeg (2)

RT-Howard, Clark (2)

 

Offense-25

 

DE-Sheard, Autry (2)

DT-Stewart, Ridgeway (2)

DT-Woods, Lewis (2)

DE-Simon, Turay, Basham (3)

SLB-Morrison, Adams (2)

MLB-Franklin, Goode, Walker (3)

WLB-Lenoard, Moore (2)

CB- Wilson, Desir, Hairston, Acker, Jackson (5)

SS- Geathers, Green (2)

FS- Hooker, Fairley (2)

 

Defense-25

 

K- Vinatieri

P-Sanchez

LS-Rhodes

 

Specialist-3

 

PS- Bond, Kaaya, Allie-Cox, Moore, Anderson, Cooper, Milton, George, Laulile, Fabiano

 

Not sure if all of these guys are eligible for the PS, but that is my best guess

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, CR91 said:

it will be wrong most likely, but lets see if we can predict who will make the 2018 Colts.

 

QB-Luck, Brissett (2)

RB-Mack, Hines, Wilkins, Turbin (4)

WR-Hilton, Grant, Rogers, Fountain, Cain, Ishamel (6)

TE-Doyle, Ebron, Ross (3)

LT- AC, Good (2)

LG-Nelson, Smith (2)

C-Kelly, Bond (2)

RG-Mewhort, Slauson (2)

RT-Haeg, Clark (2)

 

Offense-25

 

DE-Sheard, Autry (2)

DT-Stewart, Ridgeway (2)

DT-Woods, Lewis (2)

DE-Simon, Turay, Basham (3)

SLB-Leonard, Morrison (2)

MLB-Franklin, Goode, Adams (3)

WLB-Walker, Moore (2)

CB- Wilson, Desir, Hairston, Acker, Jackson (5)

SS- Geathers, Green (2)

FS- Hooker, Fairley (2)

 

Defense-25

 

K- Vinatieri

P-Sanchez

LS-Rhodes

 

Specialist-3

 

 

Morrison if he don't show a lot better than he was will not make this team.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Morrison if he don't show a lot better than he was will not make this team.

 

Morrison has talent. He can be an enforcer. he won't be in the middle so he can just read and react instead of making calls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leonard has already been announced as the weakside...   he's a WILL...

 

I think Walker is the front runner for the MIKE...    I think Morrison gets looked at as the SAM.    

 

There are others to note...  but these jump out at me...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Leonard has already been announced as the weakside...   he's a WILL...

 

I think Walker is the front runner for the MIKE...    I think Morrison gets looked at as the SAM.    

 

There are others to note...  but these jump out at me...

 

 

Thanks for that. Ill adjust my lineup. Im trying to figure out what is the best position for each LB. I moved Adams to strong. I think hes better as an enforcer then making calls in the middle. I like Franklin over Walker, but we'll see

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eric Swoope makes the roster next season. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, a06cc said:

Eric Swoope makes the roster next season. 

 

I think it will be a close competition between swoope and ross, but ross will win. Ebron can do everything Swoope can, but better

  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

I think it will be a close competition between swoope and ross, but ross will win. Ebron can do everything Swoope can, but better

We do need a good blocking TE. Either way I’m excited. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CR91 said:

 

Morrison has talent. He can be an enforcer. he won't be in the middle so he can just read and react instead of making calls.

He better improve a lot then with this new scheme then cause he has been awful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

He better improve a lot then with this new scheme then cause he has been awful.

 

That's mostly because as an ILB in a 3-4, you have to make a lot of coverage calls. That's not the case as a SLB. It's just read and react

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, HectorRoberts said:

I think keaya makes the team

 

Maybe on the PS, but I doubt we carry three QBs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do any of you think we will add additional FA's that will change this? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CR91 said:

it will be wrong most likely, but lets see if we can predict who will make the 2018 Colts.

 

QB-Luck, Brissett (2)

RB-Mack, Hines, Wilkins, Turbin (4)

WR-Hilton, Grant, Rogers, Fountain, Cain, Ishamel (6)

TE-Doyle, Ebron, Ross (3)

LT- AC, Good (2)

LG-Nelson, Smith (2)

C-Kelly, Bond (2)

RG-Mewhort, Slauson (2)

RT-Haeg, Clark (2)

 

Offense-25

 

DE-Sheard, Autry (2)

DT-Stewart, Ridgeway (2)

DT-Woods, Lewis (2)

DE-Simon, Turay, Basham (3)

SLB-Morrison, Adams (2)

MLB-Franklin, Goode, Walker (3)

WLB-Lenoard, Moore (2)

CB- Wilson, Desir, Hairston, Acker, Jackson (5)

SS- Geathers, Green (2)

FS- Hooker, Fairley (2)

 

Defense-25

 

K- Vinatieri

P-Sanchez

LS-Rhodes

 

Specialist-3

 

 

Why would you put Smith and Nelson at the same guard position?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

Why would you put Smith and Nelson at the same guard position?

 

Better the rookies be next to AC and Kelly then Haeg. That's too much variability on the right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Calmack why are you confused

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, CR91 said:

it will be wrong most likely, but lets see if we can predict who will make the 2018 Colts.

 

QB-Luck, Brissett (2)

RB-Mack, Hines, Wilkins, Turbin (4)

WR-Hilton, Grant, Rogers, Fountain, Cain, Ishamel (6)

TE-Doyle, Ebron, Ross (3)

LT- AC, Good (2)

LG-Nelson, Smith (2)

C-Kelly, Bond (2)

RG-Mewhort, Slauson (2)

RT-Haeg, Clark (2)

 

Offense-25

 

DE-Sheard, Autry (2)

DT-Stewart, Ridgeway (2)

DT-Woods, Lewis (2)

DE-Simon, Turay, Basham (3)

SLB-Morrison, Adams (2)

MLB-Franklin, Goode, Walker (3)

WLB-Lenoard, Moore (2)

CB- Wilson, Desir, Hairston, Acker, Jackson (5)

SS- Geathers, Green (2)

FS- Hooker, Fairley (2)

 

Defense-25

 

K- Vinatieri

P-Sanchez

LS-Rhodes

 

Specialist-3

 

 

 

Autry be playing DT right? I thought CB said that at some point...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alex22 said:

 

Autry be playing DT right? I thought CB said that at some point...

 

Yeah, I think so. Maybe more like a UT next to a NT like Woods, but rushing from the inside on some downs. Could be an important position, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, CR91 said:

it will be wrong most likely, but lets see if we can predict who will make the 2018 Colts.

 

QB-Luck, Brissett (2)

RB-Mack, Hines, Wilkins, Turbin (4)

WR-Hilton, Grant, Rogers, Fountain, Cain, Ishamel (6)

TE-Doyle, Ebron, Ross (3)

LT- AC, Good (2)

LG-Nelson, Smith (2)

C-Kelly, Bond (2)

RG-Mewhort, Slauson (2)

RT-Haeg, Clark (2)

 

Offense-25

 

DE-Sheard, Autry (2)

DT-Stewart, Ridgeway (2)

DT-Woods, Lewis (2)

DE-Simon, Turay, Basham (3)

SLB-Morrison, Adams (2)

MLB-Franklin, Goode, Walker (3)

WLB-Lenoard, Moore (2)

CB- Wilson, Desir, Hairston, Acker, Jackson (5)

SS- Geathers, Green (2)

FS- Hooker, Fairley (2)

 

Defense-25

 

K- Vinatieri

P-Sanchez

LS-Rhodes

 

Specialist-3

 

 

I think under the paper roster we have currently this is pretty close to how I see it as well. I do think we carry 4 TE’s though seeing as CB wants to run a two TE scheme more. Not sure if the spot is created by only having 5 wr’s or 1 less lb’er spot though. When does the Colts update a roster depth chart anyway?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LT- AC, ? i dont trust Good here 

LG- nelson,mewhort

C- Kelly,Bond

RG- Smith,Slauson  maybe not week one, but i think they end up in this order

RT- Good,Heag

 

clark gets cut, backup LT is a problem for a lot of teams

 

i think swoop could make it if he can get healthy, that would leave doyle as our only blocking TE 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, CR91 said:

@Calmack why are you confused

I imagine if swoope had as many targets and chances as Ebron did in Detroit he'd perform on par or better than Ebron did in Detroit. Ebron has a bad case of the dropsies and effort problems. I don't see him lasting more than 1 year here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Calmack said:

I imagine if swoope had as many targets and chances as Ebron did in Detroit he'd perform on par or better than Ebron did in Detroit. Ebron has a bad case of the dropsies and effort problems. I don't see him lasting more than 1 year here. 

 

He's gotten better. He only had three drops last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, aaron11 said:

LT- AC, ? i dont trust Good here 

LG- nelson,mewhort

C- Kelly,Bond

RG- Smith,Slauson  maybe not week one, but i think they end up in this order

RT- Good,Heag

 

clark gets cut, backup LT is a problem for a lot of teams

 

i think swoop could make it if he can get healthy, that would leave doyle as our only blocking TE 

 

Unless Mewhort is still hurt, he will start. People forget just how good mewhort is. Go back to 2014 which was is last healthy season. He allowed one sack that year. One! As a second year player. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jdubu said:

I think under the paper roster we have currently this is pretty close to how I see it as well. I do think we carry 4 TE’s though seeing as CB wants to run a two TE scheme more. Not sure if the spot is created by only having 5 wr’s or 1 less lb’er spot though. When does the Colts update a roster depth chart anyway?

 

We could keep four, but I just don't see the point in keeping swoope if ebron can do everything swoope can and we need depth at Wr and LB to make up for the lack of talent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Alex22 said:

 

Autry be playing DT right? I thought CB said that at some point...

 

Passing downs sure, but he's a DE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

Unless Mewhort is still hurt, he will start. People forget just how good mewhort is. Go back to 2014 which was is last healthy season. He allowed one sack that year. One! As a second year player. 

he was at good left guard, but i dont know where to put him now.  smith is a run blocker, i think he should go to the RG spot.  

 

we might see mewhort, smith and slauson all fighting for that starting RG spot.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CR91 said:

 

We could keep four, but I just don't see the point in keeping swoope if ebron can do everything swoope can and we need depth at Wr and LB to make up for the lack of talent

Very solid point but we could also say the same thing for CB, and oline and as you pointed out, lb’er and WR are areas where we don’t know just what we got. Talented kids with lack of experience and the change in scheme also makes the vets of the team concerning as to how they adjust to it. I thought your list matches mine quite well though. Nice job!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

Very solid point but we could also say the same thing for CB, and oline and as you pointed out, lb’er and WR are areas where we don’t know just what we got. Talented kids with lack of experience and the change in scheme also makes the vets of the team concerning as to how they adjust to it. I thought your list matches mine quite well though. Nice job!

 

5 CBs and 10 olinemen is usually the norm, plus I really like Robert Jackson. Appreciate it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aaron11 said:

he was at good left guard, but i dont know where to put him now.  smith is a run blocker, i think he should go to the RG spot.  

 

we might see mewhort, smith and slauson all fighting for that starting RG spot.  

 

Imo this will be Mewhort's last chance with the colts if he gets hurt again. As much as I like Mewhort, taking Smith was a wake up call for him if he can't prove he can stay healthy. I really wish he does because of an interior line of Nelson Kelly Mewhort will be the best interior line we'll have since Scott Saturday Lilja

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

Imo this will be Mewhort's last chance with the colts if he gets hurt again. As much as I like Mewhort, taking Smith was a wake up call for him if he can't prove he can stay healthy. I really wish he does because of an interior line of Nelson Kelly Mewhort will be the best interior line we'll have since Scott Saturday Lilja

His contract is indicative of that:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/indianapolis-colts/jack-mewhort-14469/

 

IF healthy, he clearly should be a starter, if not then he most likely will be waived.  I am hoping he is healthy:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, rock8591 said:

Capture.jpg

 

Nice job on the excel spreadsheet, but some things that I had issue with. 

 

-Jeremy V making the team is imo laughable. He was an absolute terrible. Atleast Bond played well replacing Kelly before he got hurt.

-Morrison will not be an ILB in this defense. Most likely they will move him outside to strong where he won't have to worry much about coverage and he can just attack the ball which is what he does best. 

-Franklin is your prototypical MLB. He's not gonna play outside

-Ballard has already said Simon will be playing DE not OLB

-I really don't like the idea of a rookie playing next to Good who hasn't proven to be the answer at T. Especially since he's played more G then T, but I'd prefer him to be our backup T instead of starting. I also find it hard to believe if mewhort is healthy, he'd lose his starting spot to not one, but two rookies. Nelson will start. That goes without saying, but Smith has to prove a lot to beat out a healthy Mewhort and a 10 year vet that played well last year in Slauson

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

Nice job on the excel spreadsheet, but some things that I had issue with. 

 

-Jeremy V making the team is imo laughable. He was an absolute terrible. Atleast Bond played well replacing Kelly before he got hurt.

-Morrison will not be an ILB in this defense. Most likely they will move him outside to strong where he won't have to worry much about coverage and he can just attack the ball which is what he does best. 

-Franklin is your prototypical MLB. He's not gonna play outside

-Ballard has already said Simon will be playing DE not OLB

-I really don't like the idea of a rookie playing next to Good who hasn't proven to be the answer at T. Especially since he's played more G then T, but I'd prefer him to be our backup T instead of starting. I also find it hard to believe if mewhort is healthy, he'd lose his starting spot to not one, but two rookies. Nelson will start. That goes without saying, but Smith has to prove a lot to beat out a healthy Mewhort and a 10 year vet that played well last year in Slauson

 

 

 

Agree 100%.  Although they did tender JV, and he has a lot of experience.  Which makes me think they see something in him that we don’t.  

 

I just hope he’s clearly beat out in camp.  He’s a nightmare.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

 

Agree 100%.  Although they did tender JV, and he has a lot of experience.  Which makes me think they see something in him that we don’t.  

 

I just hope he’s clearly beat out in camp.  He’s a nightmare.  

 

As Ballard always says, competition competition competition. Course he's not much competition haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, aaron11 said:

LT- AC, ? i dont trust Good here 

 

Nelson? He can move ouside and one of the backup guards will step up.

 

Regarding the OP:

- Autry will play DT/UT i think and Lewis is Sheard's backup. And he'll be the starter. Stewart is the backup.

- They might bring only 5 WR's this year if Hynes will be the PR/KR. (And bring a 4th TE assuming there will be a ton of 2 TE sets.)

- I can see that only 9 OL will make the roster, because Slauson, Good, Haeg, Mewhort, (even Nelson) can play multiple positions. This might be the year when a serviceable guy won't make the roster.

- They will not bring 7 LB's. The SLB is only a situational role (20-25% of the snaps) in this new defense, no need for 7 guys for mostly 2 spots. Plus Rhodes can play backup LB if necessary.

- They will bring 6 CB's. My gut feeling is that 6th CB is not yet on the roster.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Peterk2011 said:

 

Nelson? He can move ouside and one of the backup guards will step up.

 

Regarding the OP:

- Autry will play DT/UT i think and Lewis is Sheard's backup. And he'll be the starter. Stewart is the backup.

- They might bring only 5 WR's this year if Hynes will be the PR/KR. (And bring a 4th TE assuming there will be a ton of 2 TE sets.)

- I can see that only 9 OL will make the roster, because Slauson, Good, Haeg, Mewhort, (even Nelson) can play multiple positions. This might be the year when a serviceable guy won't make the roster.

- They will not bring 7 LB's. The SLB is only a situational role (20-25% of the snaps) in this new defense, no need for 7 guys for mostly 2 spots. Plus Rhodes can play backup LB if necessary.

- They will bring 6 CB's. My gut feeling is that 6th CB is not yet on the roster.

 

 

Nelson is not a T. He hasnt played T since high school.

 

-Autry, Lewis, Ridgeway, they can all rush inside, but on run downs the more meat inside the better, plus ridgeway is better on pass downs then run downs.

-I doubt that even with two TE sets. Swoope is no better then any of the rookie wrs we brought in especially with bringing in Ebron who is a match better talent and does everything swoope brings to the table.

-9 is possible, but with our injury history we have on the line, we need as much depth as possible.

-Rhodes has never shown anything at LB and with all the lack of talent at the position, we need all the help we can get.

-Maybe, but for now I don't see 6 CBs worth keeping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's maybe an updated chart.

 

Vujnovich gets cut, Bond stays.

LBs get shuffled.

 

movingaround.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rock8591 said:

Here's maybe an updated chart.

 

Vujnovich gets cut, Bond stays.

LBs get shuffled.

 

movingaround.jpg

Gosh, I knew LB was an issue for us, but looking at it here visually really drives home the point... better hope these rookies can play!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't see keeping 7 linebackers when we don't even have 1 on the roster who has proven to be an NFL caliber player.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, rock8591 said:

Capture.jpg

 

The second I see Andrew and TY listed as "solid" and not "elite," I can't take a single pixel of it seriously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.