Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Guarantees for the Colts signed UDFAs

stitches

This is of note because the number in some instances show how much the team values the player(they have a limited amount of money they can give to UDFAs. For example, last year the biggest number was given to Rigoberto Sanchez, who as we all know made the team. It shows that the team values those players more and that they have plans for them going beyond the simple - lets try them out and see what happens... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, twfish said:

He had some crazy production, why was he not drafted?

I cant put my finger on anything outside of him not being that fast.  Runs a high 4.5 and could be better at RAC.   Still think he was definitely draft worthy.   I popped on that film and saw him taking plenty of drafted prospects to school.  His hands are like Reggie Waynes.  Almost like glue it seems.   Zierlein thinks he's more of a possession guy and I can see that but I think he can play outside also.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, krunk said:

I cant put my finger on anything outside of him not being that fast.  Runs a high 4.5 and could be better at RAC.   Still think he was definitely draft worthy.   I popped on that film and saw him taking plenty of drafted prospects to school.  His hands are like Reggie Waynes.  Almost like glue it seems.

Issues with sharp route running too

Although money is money,  what a small chunk of change for these guys with potential for serious physical health damage.

Must suck seeing guys get millions and you're getting pennies compared to them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, krunk said:

I cant put my finger on anything outside of him not being that fast.  Runs a high 4.5 and could be better at RAC.   Still think he was definitely draft worthy.   I popped on that film and saw him taking plenty of drafted prospects to school.  His hands are like Reggie Waynes.  Almost like glue it seems.   Zierlein thinks he's more of a possession guy and I can see that but I think he can play outside also.

'Cuse dude here and I was shocked that he wasn't drafted.  Not super fast but gets the job done.  Rooting real hard for him.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

'Cuse dude here and I was shocked that he wasn't drafted.  Not super fast but gets the job done.  Rooting real hard for him.

He plays with a lot of juice and good confidence.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, IinD said:

Although money is money,  what a small chunk of change for these guys with potential for serious physical health damage.

Must suck seeing guys get millions and you're getting pennies compared to them.

well, they're not even on a final roster yet and likely won't be (or almost guaranteed not to be), so getting what they are getting is good for just getting paid to practice and meet real NFL guys.  I mean heck, they get to see future hall of famers every day in practice and can probably get those autographs for free.

7 hours ago, stitches said:

This is of note because the number in some instances show how much the team values the player(they have a limited amount of money they can give to UDFAs. For example, last year the biggest number was given to Rigoberto Sanchez, who as we all know made the team. It shows that the team values those players more and that they have plans for them going beyond the simple - lets try them out and see what happens... 

Is the 'limited amount of money' a league rule? Hey, even if these guys don't make the team, that's a nice little paycheck.

22 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Is the 'limited amount of money' a league rule? Hey, even if these guys don't make the team, that's a nice little paycheck.

Not only that it gets their name in the system so to say. It might open other opportunities with other teams.

6 hours ago, DaveA1102 said:

giphy.gif

Hey man, Lollygagger8 is one of my favorite posters. Tread lightly Dave. You don't wanna see me angry. 

Not really picking on ya Dave & I get that you were just joking. No harm done. It's all good. 

35 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Yeah, there is a limit that is universal for every team in the league that a team can pay as signing bonus to its undrafted free agent rookies(it's called Undrafted Rookie Reservation). I cannot seem to find the number for this year(it's possible it's not announced yet publicly).  Last year it was about 98.3K and it jumps by 6-8% every year so this year it's probably about 105K. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

I don't see why him running a 4.5 was all that big of an issue.   I belive Dez Bryant is about a 4.5 guy himself.  I saw Zierlein make an issue out of that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

I don't see why him running a 4.5 was all that big of an issue.   I belive Dez Bryant is about a 4.5 guy himself.  I saw Zierlein make an issue out of that.

Just giving reasons why he may not have been drafted.  Regardless, he can play and I am happy he is a Colt for now!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

Sucks in the sense you've probably gotta get that resume ready though in a few months.

I actually once worked with a guy in a similar situation. Went to camp with Buffalo and didn't even make it to camp. 

Still cool though, but you get the point. Stinks because they're against huge odds. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, IinD said:

Sucks in the sense you've probably gotta get that resume ready though in a few months.

I actually once worked with a guy in a similar situation. Went to camp with Buffalo and didn't even make it to camp. 

Still cool though, but you get the point. Stinks because they're against huge odds. 

It is cool. Just to say you put on a pro uniform and tried out would be a dream for 99% of us who ever played the game.

• Like 4