Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Madden 13

CR91

Peyton Manning! Even if he completes 1 pass for 1 yard, it'll be an improvement over his stats from the previous year. Then we can all say Peyton improved his stats from one season to the next and he was not touched by the curse...thus cementing his legacy as the greatest player ever!

Tim Tebow has the leadership ability of a guy like Ray Lewis...and the throwing accuracy of a guy like Ray Lewis...

Seriously though, I'm a Tebow fan

I'm not a fan, blame it on the media. To much crammed down our throats. And I can't stand Tebowing. I mean, I guess he invented taking a knee. I wouldn't mind seeing him do well if the media would just hop off his jock. He is a good guy with great leadership, he just needs to learn how to throw..............

For the Peyton Hillis cover, EA had the fans pick. Problem is, EA shot themselves in the foot by letting the fans choose, because the voting came close between Peyton Hillis (a perennial newcomer who many outside of football have never heard of), and Michael Vick (who some people just plain do not like for certain obvious reasons). In EA's bid to cater to casual audiences, neither athlete makes sense from a marketing perspective, so some marketing analysts speculate EA shot themselves in the foot by letting the fans choose. The casual fans make up the majority target-audience for EA, and there's tons of evidence in this based on EA's decisions to refine presentation over gameplay.

It will be interesting to see if EA lets fans choose again. If they do not let fans choose, then you know EA was not happy with the fans madden cover selection. If they do let them choose, they may do so out of reluctance, since they've established the precedent of letting fans pick last season, so they may feel obligated to do it again.

No thank you. Don't put someone on the cover that doesn't even know how to play thier position

Thankfully, it's worth noting Tim Tebow was already on the cover of NCAA 11. It would be un-wise from a marketing perspective to have him on a Madden cover so soon, so as not to confuse casual shoppers. The last thing EA wants is people mistaking their newest game as an older title, then glossing over it. Because NCAA and Madden's cover designs are so similar, I could definitely see a case of mistaken identity from casual shoppers.

ncaa-football-11-xbox-360_BG10936.jpg

^ It doesn't help that the Denver Broncos iconic blue uniform shares the same blue hue as the Gators:

http://farm7.staticf...83dbe268c_z.jpg

I'm not a fan, blame it on the media. To much crammed down our throats. And I can't stand Tebowing. I mean, I guess he invented taking a knee. I wouldn't mind seeing him do well if the media would just hop off his jock. He is a good guy with great leadership, he just needs to learn how to throw..............

I have always questioned the sincerity of players pointing at the sky or taking a knee after a touchdown, at least until Tim Tebow. I admire anyone that admits publicly what he does--or doesn't do. It takes conviction and moral strength, I respect him for that but as for his quarterbacking I'm gonna wait until next season before I declare one way or the other.

For the Peyton Hillis cover, EA had the fans pick. Problem is, EA shot themselves in the foot by letting the fans choose, because the voting came close between Peyton Hillis (a perennial newcomer who many outside of football have never heard of), and Michael Vick (who some people just plain do not like for certain obvious reasons). In EA's bid to cater to casual audiences, neither athlete makes sense from a marketing perspective, so some marketing analysts speculate EA shot themselves in the foot by letting the fans choose. The casual fans make up the majority target-audience for EA, and there's tons of evidence in this based on EA's decisions to refine presentation over gameplay.

It will be interesting to see if EA lets fans choose again. If they do not let fans choose, then you know EA was not happy with the fans madden cover selection. If they do let them choose, they may do so out of reluctance, since they've established the precedent of letting fans pick last season, so they may feel obligated to do it again.

not to mention some fans probably werent even serious with their vote and just wanted to make a joke out of the situation.

Among the number of poor decisions EA has made in regards to their Madden games...

Just put Eli on the cover, with his helmet turned sideways and his shoulder pads busting out his collar.

Or the picture of him bleeding from his head after nearly being decapitated by the Jets in a preseason game...

The "voting" thing is a load of crap - a quick look at the source code shows it's nothing but fancy flash and there's no actual data input to be sent to SportsNation. Of course I don't know this myself but I've been reliably informed!

Tebow being on the Madden cover would be more of a sham than if he had made the Pro Bowl. I say more of a sham because no one really cares about the Pro Bowl anyways. Lots of people love Madden.

Im thinking Eli too. Him or Rodgers.

Mark my words, it will be Rob Gronkowski. He was a stud this year and it will not cost much to put him on the cover. Couple this with the fact that everyone knows who he is and (I think) the majority of the staff at EA Tiburon is pro-Patriots, I think he's got it in the bag.

http://www.youtube.c...d&v=aSxeQ_-pU7I

they could do a double like 10 and put graham in as well and have a theme of evolution of TEs