Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ranked #32 -- I love it

2 hours ago, aaron11 said:

we beat the browns last year, and i think our draft makes us better than theirs will make them 

The Browns draft + free agent signings beat the Colts though.   They upgraded the QB big time.   They added Hyde and Landry will help that offense.   Like the Colts, the Browns lost several close games.   They had a crapload of draft picks and did pretty well in filling team needs.   Chubb at RB will be good.  I see the Browns winning 6 or 7 games.   Colts should be somewhere around there too.  

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

As soon as Andrew Luck announces he is ready to play and is 100% healthy, that ranking will go from 32 to about 15th.

The season is starting to feel like the Pacers. The big difference should be the media knows we will be much better with Luck. I'm not sure they do and that's fine. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, akcolt said:

The season is starting to feel like the Pacers. The big difference should be the media knows we will be much better with Luck. I'm not sure they do and that's fine. 

Oh if Andrew comes back actually at 100% and plays every game, does anyone really think we cant at least win 8 games? We lost a lot of close games last season without him. If he's healthy we may win 9 or 10.

No problem with it from my perspective.  We have more holes than swiss cheese and we are slowly patching them.  I don't have real high expectations for this season, but I DO expect improvement.  Even with that, we could still be #3 or #4 in the division.  Next year is where I expect this team to make that leap.  I've said it since Ballard was hired, and I'll repeat it:  this is a 3 year rebuild.

Everyone in the media thinks we will suck and so do many Colts fans. Many people think Luck is done and our owner is a liar. So if we go 9-7 and make the Playoffs then this season has to rank right up there with 2012. If we make the Playoffs most people will have to eat crow like in 2012. Just facts. When Networks rank you 32nd that means they think you stink and will win only 1 or 2 games. As of now nothing can top winning the SB and going through the Pats to do it, so 2006 to me is #1. 1995 is 2nd led by Harbaugh being 1 play away from making the SB. 2012 is 3rd because nobody had us winning more than 5 games and we won 11, + Luck had some of the most memorable comebacks that season. If we win 9 or more games and make the Playoffs, I think I may put 2018 4th.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, King Colt said:

Jacksonville probably drafted the best with Houston and Indy tied for second and Tennessee last. Deshaun Watson scares me. If you saw the game against Wilson and the Seahawks you would agree 

Texans will have some problems in the future though.. With Clowneys contract, JJ Watts health, Watson knee injury(s) (I mean a non contact ACL tear is pretty damning, they should be as worried about him as we are about Luck). 

Jaguars haven't really drafted that well considering how many high drafts picks they have had - Joekel, Fowler, Bortles, Blackmon. The majority of their good players have come from free agency. 

Titans don't seem like they will ever take the next step - Mariota I wouldn't trust in the clutch and he also has injury issues. 

If Luck is back 100%.... And imo that's a big if..... Then I see us with a winning record. This team isn't as bad as everyone on the outside thinks. I think a lot of our problems last year was coaching. Heck even with Brisket and a better Oline I can see us competing...... Remember Brisket didn't have ota or training camps with us last year..... He was just thrown into the fire.