Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Inside look at the draft and an TJ Green update

CR91

There's also an article on Colts.com about this that goes more in depth on the experience. It's a long read, but a really good one.

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Go-Inside-The-Colts’-Draft-Room-With-Chris-Ballard/6533061e-471d-4bcc-a640-5285b34d25a6

Lots of interesting stuff including this part about staying away from guys who weren't fits:

On the scouting process: “When we evaluate for our team, we’re evaluating for our team. We don’t evaluate for the league. We evaluate the fit for us schematically, coaching-wise, community-wise, team-wise. And it was nice this year, because we were able to kind of train our scouts: ‘Hey men, this is the type of guys that we want to be Colts.’ And it’s an exhausting process. And, look, at the end of the day, I don’t know if I’ve ever seen more ‘49s’ — we have a list of ‘49s,’ which just aren’t fit for us, either from a character standpoint, from a schematic standpoint. I think we had 65 names on that board that were drafted. They just were not fits for us. So we were pretty strict — and I was very strict, especially rounds one through five — on the type of people we were bringing into this organization. And it was important for us.”

Can't help but think a lot of these guys who didn't fit schematically were CB's, and of course defensive prospects in general.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, That Guy said:

Good read.

I keep forgetting that TJ Green is younger than a lot of rookies that came out this year.

Same here, was surprised to see he was 23, as well as hassan ridgeway being the same age.

• Like 1

That was a good read. The Colts are very young and if they can get some success will be together a long time. If the Colts can't run behind this O-line, I would be looking for RBs next year or even immediately.