Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wilkins vs Hines

dodsworth

Wilkins vs Hines  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who makes a bigger impact on offense? Wilkins with his receiving ability and size or Hines with his speed and quickness?

• Wilkins
    • Hines

9 minutes ago, A8bil said:

We'll see.  Here's what I'm seeing on his highlight tapes -- (1) rarely causes a defender to take a bad angle, which means he does not have unexpected speed (Same as James); (2) first defender past the LOS in position to tackle him, usually does, which means he has little elusiveness (same as James); and (3) time after time he gets knocked off his feet at the end of his runs with unexpected hits and with Hines not preparing to drive through the tackle, which means he has poor vision on defenders.  Mark this post.  It will prove true. 

The one thing I do agree with is that he seems to take a lot of big hits. That really stood out to me.

I like Hines though, think he could thrive in Reich’s offense if they can get him in the open field.

5 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

The one thing I do agree with is that he has a tendency to take big hits. That really stood out to me.

I like Hines though, think he could thrive in Reich’s offense if they can get him in the open field.

I don't disagree with this.  But, from what I have seen of Mack, Mack has both elusiveness and speed that takes defenders by surprise.  He had quite a few long runs last year (against NFL defenses) where he just out ran the angles taken by the defense.  Hines isn't really doing it even in college, so I doubt he'll do it in the pros.  I think Mack may be the more dangerous player in space. Again, just look at James' highlight tapes and tell me why he didn't make an impact in the pros and then tell me why Hines in any different.  

10 minutes ago, A8bil said:

I don't disagree with this.  But, from what I have seen of Mack, Mack has both elusiveness and speed that takes defenders by surprise.  He had quite a few long runs last year (against NFL defenses) where he just out ran the angles taken by the defense.  Hines isn't really doing it even in college, so I doubt he'll do it in the pros.  I think Mack may be the more dangerous player in space. Again, just look at James' highlight tapes and tell me why he didn't make an impact in the pros and then tell me why Hines in any different.  

Having the skill set of Mack, Wilkins and Hines is a good thing.

With that said I don't understand why some feel the need to say that one is better than the other. They all bring different skills to the Colts. Having all three is a positive thing so some putting into terms who is better or which one will have the most impact serves what purpose?  Who really cares if all three can contribute and do the job that is ask of them?

It's up to the coaches now to put all three of them in the right situations to be successful. Why worry about who is better than who?

8 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Having the skill set of Mack, Wilkins and Hines is a good thing.

With that said I don't understand why some feel the need to say that one is better than the other. They all bring different skills to the Colts. Having all three is a positive thing so some putting into terms who is better or which one will have the most impact serves what purpose?  Who really cares if all three can contribute and do the job that is ask of them?

It's up to the coaches now to put all three of them in the right situations to be successful. Why worry about who is better than who?

Just having fun here...my prediction is not about who will be better than who.  My prediction is that Hines is about as much of an NFL player as James was.  Inconsequential.

18 minutes ago, A8bil said:

Just having fun here...my prediction is not about who will be better than who.  My prediction is that Hines is about as much of an NFL player as James was.  Inconsequential.

I think you're right. Hopefully he can carve out a role in this offense but I think in the long run Wilkins will be a bigger contributor.