ColtsBlueFL

Tom Brady feels unappreciated

Recommended Posts

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 4:14 PM, NewColtsFan said:

 

I don't mean to be the spoiler...   

 

But this written story is not accurate...

 

Yes...   Brady did say the line about pleading the 5th...   but he was mostly (but not entirely) joking...

 

This was an interview done by reporter JIim Gray in front of a seated audience...  

 

And there is video...   I actually watched a fair amount of the interview on ESPN....

 

Brady gave long expansive answers to give his views to the audience...   and he was mostly very polite and respectful to both Belichick and Kraft.

 

The print story completely misrepresents what was said...    I'm responding in my phone here and can't link...    but when I get the chance I will find the video so you can link it for yourself...

 

Here is the video I watched....

 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23369972/tom-brady-new-england-patriots-says-plans-play-season

 

This really is much ado about not very much....   if this were a bigger story,  it would've been splashed everywhere....  and it wasn't....    blew over in a few hours....    Brady and the Pats are a little strained,  but basically OK...     I wouldn't call them "great"...   the situation with his personal trainer seems very real....    but on balance,  I'd say they're OK...

 

This interview was very scripted....Tom WANTED that question asked....he WANTED to give his answer....and then he used the PC stuff to cover his tracks. This was more like a 60 minutes interview with the president. (questions are approved before hand) Tom was in complete control and he was very conscious of the questions asked and we all know said EXACTLY what he wanted to get out there. He is hurt (likely by the Guerroro thing) and how he has earned enough respect in the organization to not have to have Bill sign off on everything. Bill's ruetine is getting old...and Tom has decided he is speaking out (in as thinly vailed way as he can). Do you not think it unusual the only time he has not participated in team activities is THIS offseason. Sure he will prepare and he will get with his receivers but he isn't going to be Bill's stamp of approval in getting guys to fall in line etc etc. Tom's words and actions mean exactly that...I've watched and I've read it...he is upset...he isn't going to go all nuclear etc...this is his way of taking a shot back. That said he will go when he is ready. He might get sick of it and go after next year...he may say when I have all the records I'm going...or he may get hurt and go...but it's real...there is some animosity and while it may not stop both Bill and Tom from achieving their goals its real. Tom is much much too smart and polished to put that answer out there no matter how he went on to explain it and not have it mean something. Sorry....not buying it. Might not change the status quo of them winning etc...but he isn't happy with things and he voiced it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I don't know where people are getting the idea that Belichick wanted to trade Brady, but was told to trade Garopollo instead. If anything I think he wanted to hang on to both of them, but he's probably not buying in to the idea of Brady playing until his mid-40s. At least not at a high enough level to keep him entrenched as the starter. 

 

I'm not sure if I even believe the notion that Kraft mandated the trade to Belichick. That would certainly be inconsistent with everything Kraft has ever said publicly about how he runs his team. If you've followed this team closely, you're probably inclined to agree. Kraft doesn't meddle, he learned his lesson with that when Parcells was here. 

 

Either way, the Patriots are a team that has no equal when it comes to playing through distractions. No matter whether it was one of the "gates," the Aaron Hernandez arrest/trial/etc, or whatever... we've heard this narrative before. Eventually it will be accurate, and the Patriots will be "just another team." But until it happens, I wouldn't bet against them. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 10:14 PM, NewColtsFan said:

 

I don't mean to be the spoiler...   

 

But this written story is not accurate...

 

Yes...   Brady did say the line about pleading the 5th...   but he was mostly (but not entirely) joking...

 

This was an interview done by reporter JIim Gray in front of a seated audience...  

 

And there is video...   I actually watched a fair amount of the interview on ESPN....

 

Brady gave long expansive answers to give his views to the audience...   and he was mostly very polite and respectful to both Belichick and Kraft.

 

The print story completely misrepresents what was said...    I'm responding in my phone here and can't link...    but when I get the chance I will find the video so you can link it for yourself...

 

Here is the video I watched....

 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23369972/tom-brady-new-england-patriots-says-plans-play-season

 

This really is much ado about not very much....   if this were a bigger story,  it would've been splashed everywhere....  and it wasn't....    blew over in a few hours....    Brady and the Pats are a little strained,  but basically OK...     I wouldn't call them "great"...   the situation with his personal trainer seems very real....    but on balance,  I'd say they're OK...

 

His answer was a complete non-answer. He obfuscates and re-directs. The video is worse than the text. And this wasn't some random no-name Boston writer, this was in front of a global conference and on the main page of the NFL Home on ESPN. He says everyone wants to be more appreciated, says it is a tough question. No its not, the simple and easy answer is yes. But instead he provides a full minute answer that does not in any way say he thinks he is appreciated. He talks about they are trying to get the best out of him and some philosophical stuff about how the appreciation must come from the inside.

 

The issue is very real. But they will keep winning.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All this is a *&%$ storm because Jimmy G. turned out to be better than anyone expected. If he doesn't unexpectedly light the world on fire in SF the final 5 games, there wouldn't be seller's remorse in NE. Hindsight....its always so clear. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh? Poor baby! Please allow me to feel bad for you while you enjoy your offseason with your hundred million dollars, model wife, and five super bowl rings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really, really want Tommy Boy to break it off with the Pats and go play for the Dolphins, where he will see what it's like to lose in a warm climate. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On May 3, 2018 at 12:58 PM, dgambill said:

I do think you do everything possible to keep Jimmy. You franchise tag him...you do anything to keep his rights...and you tell Tom this is your last contract we won't reup again.

Could Kraft afford to keep both Brady & Jimmy G. on NE's roster given salary cap restrictions for the 2018 season though DGB? I highly doubt it. And even if NE could restructure some contracts & squeeze both QBs under the cap for 1 more calendar yr, wouldn't that hinder Bill's ability to sign an athlete off the street if say the LT got hurt & was out for the bulk of the season?  

 

Like you, I would have cut Tommy & started a new era with Jimmy. I agree with your strategy in principle my friend. I just don't think it's possible or even practical. Just start the new era now. Fans are gonna resist a new leader whenever you do it. Might as well get it over with under Jimmy. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LockeDown said:

I really, really want Tommy Boy to break it off with the Pats and go play for the Dolphins, where he will see what it's like to lose in a warm climate. 

Behind closed doors perhaps he has a bro mance with Danny Amendola. 

 

 

 

Watch Wes Welker show up & say "Back off Danny boy, Tommy was mine first!" 

 

 

Bah Ha! Ha! Just joking...

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll add Jim Gray is little more than parasitical swine so Brady is guilty of spending time with a spineless punk. He should know better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2018 at 11:18 PM, southwest1 said:

Could Kraft afford to keep both Brady & Jimmy G. on NE's roster given salary cap restrictions for the 2018 season though DGB? I highly doubt it. And even if NE could restructure some contracts & squeeze both QBs under the cap for 1 more calendar yr, wouldn't that hinder Bill's ability to sign an athlete off the street if say the LT got hurt & was out for the bulk of the season?  

 

Like you, I would have cut Tommy & started a new era with Jimmy. I agree with your strategy in principle my friend. I just don't think it's possible or even practical. Just start the new era now. Fans are gonna resist a new leader whenever you do it. Might as well get it over with under Jimmy. 

I’m not a cap guru but I think they could have tagged Jimmy this offseason. They didn’t do a lot in free agency anyways. So you keep both and then you move Tommy after this year or ask him to retire. Maybe you cut him if you can’t trade him to an NFC team of his choosing out of respect. If they wanted to make it work they could find a way. Obviously Tom had some pull in getting Jimmy moved instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.