Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts hire Legendary Colts WR Reggie Wayne as assistant WR Coach

TKnight24

49 minutes ago, Indy1996 said:

wth you saying he wasnt hired he volunteered as a coach what you saying reggie could teach all the young wrs some good stuff they might be able to become stars you never know so many people look up to reggie tbh

What he's saying us that Reggoe is NOT getting paid.    He's volunteering.

That may change at some point, but that's the status as of right now...

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

What he's saying us that Reggoe is NOT getting paid.    He's volunteering.

That may change at some point, but that's the status as of right now...

Ik that i just was typing to fast i already knew that

1 hour ago, Indy1996 said:

wth you saying he wasnt hired he volunteered as a coach what you saying reggie could teach all the young wrs some good stuff they might be able to become stars you never know so many people look up to reggie tbh

I was trolling 

1 hour ago, GOZER said:

So glad he’s back, I was pretty ticked off with him when he became a patriot, but after thinking about it more I understood why he made the decision to go there. So glad it was short lived!!!!!  Welcome home Reggie!!!!!

Never held that again st Reggie...

But, that is when Grigs became dead to me...

• Like 2

I don't say this enough. TK24: You always post tremendous social media updates regarding the Colts. :thmup:

You deserve to be called out, honored, & commemorated for that, especially for people like myself who doesn't scour twitter much. Great crap as always man! 

I'll take Reggie in any capacity I can get. Part time, full time, volunteer. Whatever he feels cool with. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Yeah buddy. Let's bring in Saturday to help with the O-line too.

Jeff would have to gain some considerable weight back first BC. I was kind of amazed how quickly he slimmed down once he joined ESPN. Love Saturday man, but he seems pretty content on TV & very skilled at it. 

I know; I know. You were just getting nostalgic for the 2006 & 2009 seasons right? I get it. Saturday rocks. No doubt about it. 

53 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Peyton is too comfy living in Denver now. :)

I was wondering where #18 was gonna lay down his retirement roots. Denver is a great place to live minus a few really bad snow storms once in awhile. I know I've said this before, but Colorado has great music festivals out there. 

Like this...

https://www.bluegrass.com/telluride/

And of course, this...

http://www.redrocksonline.com/concerts-events

I'm a music buff so, this kinda stuff is right up my alley man. Colorado has a lot of sweet family stuff to do. The Purple Experience sounds intriguing doesn't it?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Who doesn't

............. oh wait

Your jugs reference reminds me of those Supertramp lyrics from "Breakfast In America"...

"Take a look at my girlfriend
She's the only one I got
Not much of a girlfriend
Never seem to get a lot...

Don't you look at my girlfriend (girlfriend)
She's the only one I got 
Not much of a girlfriend (girlfriend)
Never seem to get a lot." LOL! 

Alright, I'm done with my foolishness. Back to HOF WR mentor Wayne again...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

Great can we get Peyton on as a QB coach/offensive assistant?

I would love to see Peyton come in if our current OC gets a HC job down the road. Peyton would do a masterful job at anything related to football but my guess is he will go into a front office roll instead of back on the field area again. Perfect scenario would have been to have PM ready to have replaced Pagano and then into a GM role after he was ready to move up. I think his mind would create a wonderful and creative offensive plan though as an OC. But I see him as a GM ultimately if he ever steps back into the grind of football. 

1 hour ago, Buck Showalter said:

Never held that again st Reggie...

But, that is when Grigs became dead to me...

Precisely Buck. We all know NE is our arch rival & I too was glad to see Reggie walk away from Boston, but nobody really blames #87 for mulling over a Patriots Championship run. Love em or hate em BB knows how to get to the big dance. It is what it is...

22 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

They asked Marvin first, but when they said he had to talk to the players, he turned it down,

No, Marvin would have taken it but the campus is a gun free zone and he has renters still on the team lol 

34 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Your jugs reference reminds me of those Supertramp lyrics from "Breakfast In America"...

She's the only one I got
Not much of a girlfriend

She's the only one I got 

That's a solid album... The title track, Take the Long Way Home, Goodbye Stranger. & one of my all time faves the Logical Song, are all on that album iirc...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

She's the only one I got
Not much of a girlfriend

She's the only one I got 

I think Breakfast in America was the 2nd vinyl LP I EVER BOUGHT BACK IN THE DAY.  I believe Cheap Trick at Budokhan was the 1st.  And i think Van Halen was the 3rd.  The it was on !!!!!!! 

I still have all the vinyl i ever bought. Just sonething warmer and more intimate about good old analog LP vinyl.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Buck Showalter said:

That's a solid album... The title track, Take the Long Way Home, Goodbye Stranger. & one of my all time faves the Logical Song, are all on that album iirc...

Absolutely right Buck. Tracks on that album still sound as good or better now then when it was originally released. My mind is like an endless rolodex of songs & bands. Whenever anybody says something funny that makes me laugh, I usually scan my brain for the perfect sarcastic musical equivalent. 

SuperTramp is a very unrated & unappreciated band IMHO. Their material was always catchy with a nice hook that you never forget once you hear it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WoolMagnet said:

I think Breakfast in America was the 2nd vinyl LP I EVER BOUGHT BACK IN THE DAY.  I believe Cheap Trick at Budokhan was the 1st.  And i think Van Halen was the 3rd.  The it was on !!!!!!! 

I still have all the vinyl i ever bought. Just sonething warmer and more intimate about good old analog LP vinyl.

N-I-C-E. Love vinyl man. Nothing else like it. The needle, the grooves, the lapse between songs where every track was designed to be an experience for the listener building toward a grand finale vs cracking out blockbuster singles. 

Cheap Trick & SuperTramp. I must say you have great tastes WM. Bravo sir! Bravo...

36 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

N-I-C-E. Love vinyl man. Nothing else like it. The needle, the grooves, the lapse between songs where every track was designed to be an experience for the listener building toward a grand finale vs cracking out blockbuster singles. 

Cheap Trick & SuperTramp. I must say you have great tastes WM. Bravo sir! Bravo...

Cheap Trick played my college in the 80s.  My roomate was involved in school entertainment and he needed help for the show.

he put me side-Stage in charge of watching (guarding)Rick Nielsen's guitars.  It was cool cuz i was able to fling picks to the crowd.  I was right there, coulda grabbed a handfull of 'em.  I'll bet he had 15 -20 guitars off-stage.i'm a drummer, so i was watching Bun E. Carlos.

"Aint that a shame......."

on a side note.... 6 of us drove to Tampa for U2's Joshua Tree tour (the original al REAL one).  What a TRIP!  I've seen pretty much ALL the big names of that time and NO SHOW ever was as impactful.  Incredible.  The Neville Brothers at Tipitinas in New Orleans is 2nd.  The Def Leppard concert in the rain where 10,000 people felt a lightning strike is 3rd. THAT was an experience.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Cheap Trick played my college in the 80s.  My roomate was involved in school entertainment and he needed help for the show.

he put me side-Stage in charge of watching (guarding)Rick Nielsen's guitars.  It was cool cuz i was able to fling picks to the crowd.  I was right there, coulda grabbed a handfull of 'em.  I'll bet he had 15 -20 guitars off-stage.i'm a drummer, so i was watching Bun E. Carlos.

"Aint that a shame......."

on a side note.... 6 of us drove to Tampa for U2's Joshua Tree tour (the original al REAL one).  What a TRIP!  I've seen pretty much ALL the big names of that time and NO SHOW ever was as impactful.  Incredible.  The Neville Brothers at Tipitinas in New Orleans is 2nd.  The Def Leppard concert in the rain where 10,000 people felt a lightning strike is 3rd. THAT was an experience.

I went to a concert that featured Bryan Adams, Blackfoot and Cheap Trick. I went to see Blackfoot because I was into my southern rock stage at that time. I thought Cheap Trick was a teeny bobber group as I hadn't heard much of them and told my wife if we didn't like them we could always leave early and beat the traffic.

Boy, was I dead wrong, The opened the show with Gonna Raise Hell and just blew me away their whole show. Made a believer out of me. Their Dream Police album was just out and it ended up one of the best concerts I had seen.

The concert was at Market Square Arena. (one of the best live music venues ever)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I went to a concert that featured Bryan Adams, Blackfoot and Cheap Trick. I went to see Blackfoot because I was into my southern rock stage at that time. I thought Cheap Trick was a teeny bobber group as I hadn't heard much of them and told my wife if we didn't like them we could always leave early and beat the traffic.

Boy, was I dead wrong, The opened the show with Gonna Raise Hell and just blew me away their whole show. Made a believer out of me. Their Dream Police album was just out and it ended up one of the best concerts I had seen.

The concert was at Market Square Arena. (one of the best live music venues ever)

Cheap Trick was a Great band no doubt.

11 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

on a side note.... 6 of us drove to Tampa for U2's Joshua Tree tour (the original al REAL one).  What a TRIP!  I've seen pretty much ALL the big names of that time and NO SHOW ever was as impactful.  Incredible.  ...

I saw that tour in Minneapolis back in the day.  The 8 hour bus trip from the Peg to Minnie was an all out Animal House style party with the blaster at full volume belting out all the great alt punk tunes of the day, in addition to U2 of course.  Saw the 30 year anniversary tour version kickoff show in Vancouver a year ago.  The 1987 version was so much better!

As for Reggie, much prefer him coaching on the Colts sideline than being a talking head on NFLN (although I think he was pretty good at it).  I remain BITTER toward Grigson for not giving Reggie that final year he wanted. So glad to see him now back in the fold!

6 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I played through many Blackfoot Strikes records and tapes.    Great album.  

Highway Song

I got a line on you

Train Train

Left Turn on a red light

Wishing Well

It's a shame that the days of an album are gone.  It's all about singles now.   Huge loss.

On to Reggie.   I like the partnership like most on here.   It seems that some may be overly excited. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1