Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts hire Legendary Colts WR Reggie Wayne as assistant WR Coach

TKnight24

Oh, sweet goodness!!! The news I have always wanted.

Our WRs need to learn how to separate, and TY learnt so much from Reggie, and hopefully now the others can learn too. Reggie was a big part in Garcon and Collie getting up to speed during 2009 as well once Gonzo went down.

Great move!!! 

• Like 7

I like him and Mathis around to help build that locker  room culture with these young players.  Might help TY mature a lil too. 

While we're at it, bring in Freeney to help ciach up these pass rushers.

Reggie and Mathis are a wonderful bridge from our pasr Championship team.  Its a tangible piece of greatness these young guys can aspire to.  I LOVE IT!

• Thanks 1

Me right now:

giphy.gif

There's nobody else I would want to have helping develop the young WR's we brought in this offseason. From what I remember, TY attributes his vast improvement as a WR to Reggie's tutelage.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Just to clarify, he's a volunteer right now, he's not "hired".

With that said, this is awesome news for our young receivers.

That's how Mathis started out with us too. I can see him being offered a permanent position by the end of the season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Yeah buddy. Let's bring in Saturday to help with the O-line too.

pretty sure Jeff is already an exec with the Players union, doubtful he'd leave it for an OL coaching gig.  

1 hour ago, Barry Sears said:

REG-GIE!!!!

might be the very first time in history an assistant coach's name is chanted when the team runs out

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Now THIS is how you establish a culture. I love it!

Exactly... Love the little things Ballard is doing to rebuild the team & locker room with the focus being on TEAM, drafting several players who were previous team captains, bringing back proven leaders to mentor, etc. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Buck Showalter said:

Exactly... Love the little things Ballard is doing to rebuild the team & locker room with the focus being on TEAM, drafting several players who were previous team captains, bringing back proven leaders to mentor, etc. 

It seems silly and maybe even a little corny, but these little things pay off in the long run. Young, hungry players tend to listen to former players who've done what they're trying to do.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, runthepost said:

This is a terrible hiring! We should of went after hank baskett he was a terrific receiver in his prime! 

#fireballard#reggiesucks#0-16quest#grinsonisthebestgmever#wecandobetter

wth you saying he wasnt hired he volunteered as a coach what you saying reggie could teach all the young wrs some good stuff they might be able to become stars you never know so many people look up to reggie tbh

3 minutes ago, Indy1996 said:

wth you saying he wasnt hired he volunteered as a coach what you saying reggie could teach all the young wrs some good stuff they might be able to become stars you never know so many people look up to reggie tbh

It was sarcasm.

• Thanks 1

So glad he’s back, I was pretty ticked off with him when he became a patriot, but after thinking about it more I understood why he made the decision to go there. So glad it was short lived!!!!!  Welcome home Reggie!!!!!

21 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

Now we just need Saturday for the Line, Peyton for QBs, and Bob Sanders for DBs and we will be set!

Clayton Geathers is excused from Bobs School of Reckless Endangerment and Aggressive DBing

• Like 1