Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2018 - 2019 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

44 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Holiday of course :thmup:. No I really cant call it. 

It is hard to say because the top choices are mostly guards who wont have the ball in their hands to make plays.

Holiday will, eventually, have the ball in his hands 30 minutes a game. Maybe not this year

7 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

No I'm not unless he is guaranteed sign a new deal here 

Plus the objective is to add another great player to Turner and Oladipo not trade one for another 

I wish Myles Turner was close to being a great player

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RockThatBlue said:

Who does everyone think will end up being the best player from this draft? IMO It'll be one of Ayton, Doncic or Bamba. I think all 3 will be really good NBA players. I think one of those 3 will end up the best.

I think it will be Ayton....

They already have an outside threat in Pheonix..and he'll start from Day One.

For next year, I'd guess Ayton.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

It is hard to say because the top choices are mostly guards who wont have the ball in their hands to make plays.

Holiday will, eventually, have the ball in his hands 30 minutes a game. Maybe not this year

Holiday may turn out to be the best and I was actually joking. He has Great potential.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Holiday of course :thmup:. No I really cant call it. 

The more you read about Holiday, the more you like him.

He was comfortable coming off the bench for a season when Lonzo Ball was at UCLA..

He's faced pressure of being the lead guard at UCLA and the pressure of being the youngest of 3 players in his family. His brothers were in the NBA when he was still in high school.

He'll hardly be lost and alone in Indiana with former UCLA teammates Leaf and Inigbou on the team.

..and watching him on video, he's a little more physical than his height and weight suggest.

He's more like a shorter Oladipo than he actually is like Collison

• Like 1

There is an interesting non-player story about the NBA going around..

The assumption that the salary cap will go up dramatically again in the next couple of years due to legalized gambling.

The NBA, it is said, will get a cut from every legal bet...so revenue will rise significantly

(who knows how much)

The basic agreement with the players says the cap reflects a % of revenue..

..so onec Gambling is legal in most states..the NBA (and other sports teams) will get some new cash flow that will trickle down to the teams..

The bottom line  is that what looks liek bad contract now will not be so bad by 2020, lets say as teams have more to spend.

..again..just a theory

There's always 'Super Joe' Harris....6-foot-6, 215......27 years old

10.8 points per game....150 of 358 on 3s  (41.9%) last year with Brooklyn..

...a 4-year vet   (he was a 2nd round draft choice) he's been with 3 teams..

..and here's the magic words...Harris is an 'unrestricted free agent'

..Here's another guy who isnt going to rebound much and he wont be a candidate for the all-defense team

But he shoots the ball from downtown....and we need hot wings worse than KFC does

Harris has never made more than $3 mil....but he 'came into his own' last year obviously

I think he'd relocate to our state for about $8-$10 mil..for 2 or 3 years....very affordable

Edited by oldunclemark

5 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

I wish Myles Turner was close to being a great player

Hes a very good young player why you and half our fanbase cany understand that than idk what to tell you he was among the league leaders in blocks this year and his shooting is only getting better if he does improve his rebounding he will be great and I dont wanna hear you tell us how special he is then cause all you do is wanna trash him and trade him lol

8 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Hes a very good young player why you and half our fanbase cany understand that than idk what to tell you he was among the league leaders in blocks this year and his shooting is only getting better if he does improve his rebounding he will be great and I dont wanna hear you tell us how special he is then cause all you do is wanna trash him and trade him lol

and the truth is...

..... for the season last year: Myles was 12.7 (points) and 6.4  (rebounds)...

...for his 3-year career?  12.7 and 6.5 ..same thing.

in his one year at Texas...10.1  and 6.5..same thing. Decent. Respectable..OK

But Thad Young was 11.8 and 6.3 in 81 games last year.

Domantas Sabonis was 11.6 and 7.7 last year playing behind Myles 3/4 of the time..

Julius Randle was 16 and 8 in 82 games

..........for his 14-year career..Al Jefferson is 15.7 and 8.4 

........ as good or better than Myles?   are they great?  Or just decent.

...I hear you:  'if Myles does this' or 'if Myles does that' and 'he's only getting better' .........I'm glad to see that hes decided to work out hard this summer.

Good for him. But when does the 'great' play start? When will he be 'special'? 

......Myles' contract is up next summer .........

.....dont be shocked if we trade him .......because maybe 'half our fan base' is right. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

and the truth is...

Domantas Sabonis was 11.6 and 7.7 last year playing behind Myles 3/4 of the time..

...I hear you:  'if Myles does this' or 'if Myles does that' and 'he's only getting better' .........I'm glad to see that hes decided to work out hard this summer.

.....dont be shocked if we trade him .......because maybe 'half our fan base' is right. 

Yes Myles was 12.7 and 6.4 which is Good, not Very Good or Great but Good. Having said that you didn't bring up his Defense which was Great. His Rim protection is very important. He averaged nearly 2 Blocks a game. He also shot 78% from the line which is Great for a Big. He is a better FT shooter than LeBron LOL. 

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yes Myles was 12.7 and 6.4 which is Good, not Very Good or Great but Good. Having said that you didn't bring up his Defense which was Great. His Rim protection is very important. He averaged nearly 2 Blocks a game. He also shot 78% from the line which is Great for a Big. He is a better FT shooter than LeBron LOL. 

Dont even try me and you are like the only 2 myles Turner fans everyone else is stupid enough to give up on the 21 year old lottery pick defense isn't important I guess lol 

5 minutes ago, MTC said:

Pacers declined their team option on Lance Stephenson (at work so I cannot embed tweet).

I found it just came out on their FB Page. Now who are we going to replace Lance???

This is a bit of a head scratching move.

https://www.nba.com/pacers/news/lance-stephenson-team-option-180625# I found the link the Pacers just posted about it on their FB page. Now who should get in FA to replace Lance????

Not surprised we didn't pick up Lance's option. We could try to re-sign him for less but I wouldn't be surprised if we let him go and let GR3 move on as well. Only 9-10 people are going to play in games and we are trying to upgrade through free agency.

1 minute ago, Bluefire4 said:

Both of those players are slightly better than Lance but Chemistry wise not sure we would be better a team if we add one of them and Lance is gone. Chemistry is huge and Lance fits in here. He is a sparkplug that can play D/get on peoples nerves, make the right Magic type pass, and hit a huge 3 when least expected. 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Both of those players are slightly better than Lance but Chemistry wise not sure we would be better a team if we add one of them and Lance is gone. Chemistry is huge and Lance fits in here. He is a sparkplug that can play D/get on peoples nerves, make the right Magic type pass, and hit a huge 3 when least expected. 

Lance can also get destroyed on defense, have horrible turnovers, and miss six shots in a row and continue throwing up shots. 

I get that Lance means a lot to people in Indy and would not be against bringing him back, but I'd rather have Tyreke Evans or Will Barton over Lance every day of the week. It's not even close.

1 hour ago, Bluefire4 said:

Lance can also get destroyed on defense, have horrible turnovers, and miss six shots in a row and continue throwing up shots. 

I get that Lance means a lot to people in Indy and would not be against bringing him back, but I'd rather have Tyreke Evans or Will Barton over Lance every day of the week. It's not even close.

I love Lance but I will agree that Barton and Evans are better players. If we lose Lance one of those guys better come here.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Dont even try me and you are like the only 2 myles Turner fans everyone else is stupid enough to give up on the 21 year old lottery pick defense isn't important I guess lol 

Myles isnt a good defensive player...He's a good shot blocker.

He gets pushed around defensively at the '5' and he cant guard 4s ..according to our coaches..

Obviously we're making changes..dont be surprised

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MTC said:

Pacers declined their team option on Lance Stephenson (at work so I cannot embed tweet).

This is a bit of a head scratching move.

Its odd....we would not have made the playoffs without Lance..

The press release by our management notably did not wish Lance luck on his next team.

I'm not sure he's gone

Pritchard just said it was a tough decison made for salary cap reasons. We have to clear cap space to sign Evans, who I think is the target

Fr the record, we can resign Lance after July 4

38 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I love Lance but I will agree that Barton and Evans are better players. If we lose Lance one of those guys better come here.

Tyreke Evans would start for us and Memphis is NOT going to resign him. (Mike Conley is coming back off injury)

19.4 last year and 16.5 for his career

19.4.....5.1 rebounds...5.4 assists  Nine-year vet...averaged at least 15 points 7 times

91 of 230 on 3s last year....6-foot-6, 220.......28 years old.

,,,,,he would start with  Darren Collison (maybe) and Victor

I think we'd need $15-$20 mil for at least 3 years to get him, though and he's a guy many teams want.

Edited by oldunclemark

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Lance played every single game last season and gave us everything he had.. We would miss him coming off the bench.  I'm a little sad about this but I'm not sure he's gone.

If we do not get Evans, we can ask Lance back. If we sign a lesser free agent, we can squeeze  Lance in on a bargain deal...maybe $3 mil for 2 years.

I dont want to move a guy who badly wants to be here..and always plays hard

Remember how lifeless we were 2 years ago?

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Lance played every single game last season and gave us everything he had.. We would miss him coming off the bench.  I'm a little sad about this but I'm not sure he's gone.

If we do not get Evans, we can ask Lance back. If we sign a lesser free agent, we can squeeze  Lance in on a bargain deal...maybe $3 mil for 2 years.

I dont want to move a guy who badly wants to be here..and always plays hard

Remember how lifeless we were 2 years ago?

I will miss Lance if he goes. He is so likable and he's a good player. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Let's just hope one of them actually comes here and doesn't choose somewhere else or we created another hole 

Exactly right.....If we dont get a free agent wing player and Lance signs with the Cavs (wouldnt that be something) or somebody...we'd be sitting in a big hole we dug for ourselves

And the MVP is James Harden, sorry LeBron maybe you will win 5 like Peyton some day.

-LeBron will probably join a Superteam here shortly and his fanboys will rejoice if he wins another Title, LOL. At this point if he does that, that  is cheap Championships. He will never be better than Jordan or Magic IMO. Most people agree with me outside of Cleveland, his fanboys, and ESPN. If he joins a stacked team than winning a Championship is nonsense at this point. Hell Magic could've joined the Bulls when he came back in 1996 with HIV to get 3 more which wouldve gave him 8. The media will pounce on it if LeBron wins another and say he is the GOAT but I wont be impressed at all if he goes to Houston and wins. Harden is that teams face.

My goodness these Pacer fans on Twitter are ridiculous. Acting like Lance Stephenson was some HOFer or something. I guess everybody forgot we signed him off the street during the 2016-2017 season because no team wanted him.

There is a reason for this that is still true today. Nobody but this team and fan base can deal with "Bad Lance". Some of the dumb things Lance does when he plays would get him sent right to the bench and eventually got him cut on other teams.

Why is everybody acting like Lance was some legend with all-star potential or something. Even if we do swing and miss during this free agency we will be easily able to sign him for less or similar money then he was making.

I guarantee GR3 will have a much bigger market and he is the one you guys should be worried about losing. If we sign Tyreke Evans or Will Barton, GR3 is definitely going to find somewhere else where he could actually get minutes.

On 6/25/2018 at 8:27 AM, oldunclemark said:

and the truth is...

Hey you know a guy named Victor Oladipo? A guy that is being treated like a king around here and deservingly so. It took him four years to actually get in shape and dedicate himself to becoming a great NBA player. 

Myles Turner is 22 years old. He's not even near his prime. I don't see the big deal in giving him this season to prove whether he can reach that level or not. 

If it took seeing somebody with the work ethic of Victor to inspire Myles to train and focus on becoming a great player this offseason, I'm all for it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

If we do get Tyreke Evans, we might not bring back Darren Collison, either.

I am glad to see we are serious about getting better and not sitting on 48 wins

I am also glad we are trying to get better,  but Darren Collison will be with the team this season.

Kevin Pritchard said that we are going to bring our top 7 guys back. Seems like he's talking about the starting 5, Domantas Sabonis, and Cory Joseph.

Looks like the main goal is to add a critical piece at small forward to potentially move Bojan to a reserve role so the bench can get even stronger. Sounds good to me.

The Thad Young situation is another problem they will need to figure out.

1 hour ago, Bluefire4 said:

Hey you know a guy named Victor Oladipo? A guy that is being treated like a king around here and deservingly so. It took him four years to actually get in shape and dedicate himself to becoming a great NBA player. 

Myles Turner is 21 years old. 21! He's not even near his prime. I don't see the big deal in giving him this season to prove whether he can reach that level or not. 

If it took seeing somebody with the work ethic of Victor to inspire Myles to train and focus on becoming a great player this offseason, I'm all for it.

Must be all pro before rookie deal is up or you are worthless I guess 

5 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Must be all pro before rookie deal is up or you are worthless I guess 

How much will his potential influence his next contract?     It would be great to sign him to a typical contract a 12 pt 6 rebound player gets, but I don't think that would be what it is.